Draft day prediction

jimkcchief88

All Star
My draft day prediction is that the will Knicks draft the best point guard on the board whether it be Mayo (probably won't be there), Eric Gordon(possibility), or Westbrook(probability). D'antoni has shown he likes to run an offense through a real floor general/coach on the floor type and "Selfish Steph" is the farthest from that. I think the plan is to get the Knicks back to respectability as quickly as possible so that rules out the "Italian Project." No way D'antoni wants to head into the season with "Starbury" as his point guard. D'antoni was brought in to again help take out the trash just like in Phoenix and the Knicks will rise up under new leadership at point. The "Starbury" era is almost over in New York.

My Pediction.... Pain! After all this trade talk, swapping picks, trading down senario's and all other option's talked about nothing is going to happen. No bad contracts traded, no extra picks, nothing. I somehow see myself watching the draft and when the Knicks pick is announced me saying WTF?!(while we pick Bayless,Gordan or Gallinari) and being sadened by NY manegment again.... God I hope I'm wrong!

PS palyers I'd like to see in NY Mayo (not likley) Westbrook (still a chance!) or Alexander (gonna be the steal of the "08" draft)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I predict there will be alot of trades....we can either do really good or really bad. I think it would be a bad move to draft the big cock (danilo gallinari) (no homo).

diesel1984

Rookie
unfortunatly i think we gonna take the italian but i really want either bayless or westbrook...i think we should say peace to lee and do that deal because if we can get a big and a guard or 2 guards like westbrook & gordon(unlikely) then trade crawford i would be really excited....but you know they are not going to do anything and we gonna hear a lot of booooo's

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I predict the Knicks are gonna draft Danilo Gallinari. I hope my prediction doesn't come true, but these are the facts: 1)Mike D'Antoni hired his brother, Dan D'Antoni to be an assistant coach. 2) Mike D'Antoni used to play with Danilo Gallinari's father in Europe. 3) Donnie Walsh said that Danilo Gallinari was impressive in the predraft workout, during an interview. 4) Mike D'Antoni is a huge fan of Gallinari. 5) During an interview, Donnie Walsh said that he only drafts a "need", if a player is projected to be picked around that spot. DJ Augustin and Westbrook are not projected to even be picked in the top 10. Danilo Gallinari is projected in the top 10.

GetRealistic

Starter
I predict the Knicks are gonna draft Danilo Gallinari. I hope my prediction doesn't come true, but these are the facts: 1)Mike D'Antoni hired his brother, Dan D'Antoni to be an assistant coach. 2) Mike D'Antoni used to play with Danilo Gallinari's father in Europe. 3) Donnie Walsh said that Danilo Gallinari was impressive in the predraft workout, during an interview. 4) Mike D'Antoni is a huge fan of Gallinari. 5) During an interview, Donnie Walsh said that he only drafts a "need", if a player is projected to be picked around that spot. DJ Augustin and Westbrook are not projected to even be picked in the top 10. Danilo Gallinari is projected in the top 10.

Not saying they won't draft Danilo but where are you getting your information from brother?

How does D'Antoni hiring his brother have anything to do with draft night? All coaches bring in the staff they want

In countless articles and Mocks its reported that D'Antoni wasn't that impressed with Gallinari during the tape he watched while he was in Phoenix.

Finally Westbrook is project anywhere from 4-9 in every single mock i've seen.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Not saying they won't draft Danilo but where are you getting your information from brother?

How does D'Antoni hiring his brother have anything to do with draft night? All coaches bring in the staff they want

In countless articles and Mocks its reported that D'Antoni wasn't that impressed with Gallinari during the tape he watched while he was in Phoenix.

Mike D'Antoni hiring his brother does have to do with drafting Gallinari, because that might mean that D'Antoni wants to be with people he knows or feels close with. Gallinari is the son of the player he used to play ball with in Europe, and both Walsh and D'Antoni said they were impressed with Gallinari. Go to NBA.com to see the Walsh interview, and go to nydailynews.com to see the article about D'Antoni.

Also, if you go to draftexpress.com, the Knicks are projected to pick Gallinari. I doubt they just came up with that out of midair. You are right about Westbrook, though. He's projected to be picked at #8 or #9. I should've checked first. It's that on ESPN, they had him at #11, a few weeks ago. Check the ESPN NBA Mockdraft, and you'll see Westbrook at #11. It's because they didn't update their draft, yet, I don't think. DJ Augustin is projected at #11 and #12, though, on both NBA.com and Draftexpress.com. I use references, before I make statements. I just made 1 mistake. But the other stuff I said was accurate, in case you were wondering.

Last edited:

Alexander is top 10 and is a much better PF/SF then Gallinari and he's a much better fit for our team especialy if we plan on trading Lee.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
if we draft westbrook we are screwed
Not necessarily. He is a good defender, and if the Knicks make some trades, they could possibly have a 30+ win team for next year. Maybe even a playoff team. But if Walsh drafts Westbrook and doesn't make any other moves, then we definitely would be screwed. lol

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I predict that similar to how the lottery played out, this draft will be disappointing for the Knicks. But I won't lose hope in the coming weeks on the Knicks making a big big trade.

And the only good thing that could happen during the draft in my opinion is drafting Mayo. That's it.