Aesthetically I don't want three superstars either

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This is a different topic, related, but different topic. For setting up a team purposes, go to Red's thread.

We have two superstars and I'm all for that for basketball reasons and aesthetically I'm down with it too. Three superstars though, I wouldn't like the feel of it. I mean, yeah, I'd still love the Knicks, that's not gonna stop, but I don't want to win that way, nor do I want to the Knicks to be known for three players and "the rest".

I know people want decade dominance with several championships, well, I rather get it by being tough and scrappy without three superstars. You can round out a team without it. No, let's not get into whether three superstars or a well rounded team is better at winning championships and dominating several years. I just would like the feel of getting a championship that.

The 1994 Knicks were a game away from winning a championship. Even though they didn't win, I would rather have had that team then three superstars. Starks, Oakley, Mason, man, I love the feel of a team like that. 1999 Knicks, Sprewell, Houston, Larry Johnson, Camby.

Let's not get into any rants or crazy debates here. As I said, this is about the "feel" of this.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I don't like how Knicks fans tell that we have two superstars...we don't. Superstars are players IMO who are great on both ends on the floor. Like Pierce, Allen and Garnett for example. Or Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Or the best example - Jordan, Pippen and ROdman. All We have is two great scorers who are pretty one-dimensional. Of course Amare can get some blocks because of his athletic abilities, but he is a horrible help defender so is Carmelo. Pierce absolutely shitted on him in game 3 - which was the most important game of the series. So Am I only one who sees it that way? If you ask me I would do anthing to go back in time and DON'T MAKE THE TRADE FOR CARMELO. Current team is a complete mess to me...even if get CP3 I don't see how that would made us a contender....

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
care to explain how Rodman was great on both ends on the floor?
Bosh is good , but not great by any stretch of the imagination on offense or defense. and so by your account, dirk, the finals mvp isnt a superstar because hes not great on the defensive end correct? riiiiiiiiggghhhhht!

face it man, melo and stat are superstars, no questions. they're NOT all time greats for sure, but they are def superstars.

I don't like how Knicks fans tell that we have two superstars...we don't. Superstars are players IMO who are great on both ends on the floor. Like Pierce, Allen and Garnett for example. Or Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Or the best example - Jordan, Pippen and ROdman. All We have is two great scorers who are pretty one-dimensional. Of course Amare can get some blocks because of his athletic abilities, but he is a horrible help defender so is Carmelo. Pierce absolutely shitted on him in game 3 - which was the most important game of the series. So Am I only one who sees it that way? If you ask me I would do anthing to go back in time and DON'T MAKE THE TRADE FOR CARMELO. Current team is a complete mess to me...even if get CP3 I don't see how that would made us a contender....

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
care to explain how Rodman was great on both ends on the floor?
Bosh is good , but not great by any stretch of the imagination on offense or defense. and so by your account, dirk, the finals mvp isnt a superstar because hes not great on the defensive end correct? riiiiiiiiggghhhhht!

face it man, melo and stat are superstars, no questions. they're NOT all time greats for sure, but they are def superstars.

agreed. plus, with the right defensive principles, stat and melo can atleast become decent on the defensive end. Hopefully, MDA focuses on the D.

haha, who am I kidding? we need a nw coach:boohoo: