The Raptors remain interested in trading Andrea Bargnani, according to
president Bryan Colangelo.

"I still would say there?s value in Andrea as a player," said
Colangelo. "I get the fact that a change of scenery is probably best for all
sides. I?ve publicly acknowledged that but, again, the new guy is going to have
to decide how to handle it and there are a few options." Colangelo is
referencing the new general manager who has yet to be hired, and we'd bet
Bargnani starts next season elsewhere. It's hard to see the Raptors getting
anything of real value in return for the former No. 1 overall pick.

mafra

Legend
Both players have 2 years remaining on their contract... but Bargnani makes 11 & 12 mil while STAT makes up to 23. TOR could absorb the cap hit of 5-10 mil... we would probably have to absorb another contract. Might not happen, but Amar'e might seem to fit in well with TOR roster. They run and move the ball. Lowry, Gay, Johnson, Fields... Maybe they roll the dice and trade their garbage for ours?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Why would we trade an injury-prone power forward with lack of defensive skills and rebounding ability for another injury-prone power forward with lack of defensive skills and rebounding ability? Honestly? I have more faith in Amare with bad knees than in Bargnani.

tiger0330

Legend
They would hang the new Toronto GM whoever that is if they did that trade.

We're stuck with Amare, Kidd and Camby. Kidd and Camby are going to be boat anchors for the remainder of their careers with the Knicks, I'm hoping we can get 85% out of Amare that we expected when we signed him.

LeFlume

All Star
Bargani plays further from the basket than STAT. Good shooter tho. A poor mans Sheed if you want, but with no D. Dumb trade if we sign off on it. Very dumb.

clumsy

Rotation player
this is the trade i wanted last year, him + Amir Johnson. Not sure how much this makes sense now for them. Back then they had Jose Calderon who was great at the pick and roll.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
thing is, with bargnani, melo playing in the post actually works better, cus he can switch onto a pf and cause 2 mismatches with bargnani running out to the perimeter taking the smaller guy while melo tries to post up and take the bigger guy off the dribble

with amare, u may see the switch, but amare stays like a feet away from melo causing his defender to double melo, amare wont go out far cus hes usless and his defender can cheat off of him to double melo, where melo can pass out to a amare who has no real threat from outside, and have to set up the offense again

though um not saying bargnani will be great, but the guy can shoot, and it doesnt have to be bargs, any pf that can shoot is what fits melos game. if you want a low post bruiser, u have to trae melo then cus his game requires space down low, and the low post pf will just be in the way like amare

clumsy

Rotation player
Irsan Ilyasova and Larry Sanders for Tyson Chandler and possibly Shumpert. I think this will make the knicks much better. I'm not sure why Milwaukee would ever want to do this. But i think that would put us over the top.

skisloper

Starter
DUMBTONIO is the only one who can be convinced to take Amare ( not that its his decision ) . He is arrogant enough to roll the dice on something nobody would..........

Novak + Amare FOR Blake and Gasol

mafra

Legend
I know there is little chance of this happening; or any team wanting to absorb Amar'e's contract. Bu,t the truth is... there's only 2 years left on STAT's deal right now... so we are actually in the realm of a trade being possible. Not saying it is likely... Still we are here. We'll only be able to get a bad contract or something like this. TOR GM on record saying a new environment is necessary for Bargs. Amar'e did round into shape and look halfway decent. He's also proven to be a leader (when he first arrived here) and flexible (being a team player coming off the bench). If TOR shops Bargs and cannot get much in return... might they roll the dice and do something like this. Truth is, if Amare stays healthy (big IF) he could give them a quality 15 minutes a night. Run with that team and be an asset. Bargs has only played in about 30 games the last 2 seasons... So not like he's a safer bet to be on the floor. Knicks would do this b/c his game would fit better with Melo and Chandler, and he costs HALF as much as STAT. We could re-sign JR, have Bargs and still have a few extra mil... Since we are up against the cap... every little bit helps.

tiger0330

Legend
Just tried this trade on ESPN with Fields as the other player. According to Hollinger, it makes the Knicks 8 games worse and Toronto 8 games better. WTF, is Bargnani that bad??

bigapple

Starter
Knicks want just to cut STAT Bargniani can shoot 3s + he is way better D many times Bargniani kills Knicks too + he is 213cm

but this season Andrea didnt existed didnt played didnt wanted.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Take it from someone that lives in Toronto. There's very few people in this league I wouldn't trade Amare for and Bargnani is one of them. Every Raptors game I went to this year he was boo'd from the moment he stepped on the floor until he went out. When you can't get minutes over Aaron Gray you really know you suck.

metrocard

Legend
Take it from someone that lives in Toronto. There's very few people in this league I wouldn't trade Amare for and Bargnani is one of them. Every Raptors game I went to this year he was boo'd from the moment he stepped on the floor until he went out. When you can't get minutes over Aaron Gray you really know you suck.

I don't think he's that bad, just plays on a poor team. Raptors will never be good with their formula of basketball.
Andre has been injured the last two seasons, so Amare and Andrea are really the same case...only difference is the way they score. I believe Andrea's way of scoring would fit better for us.

mafra

Legend
The reason I even suggest Bargnani is simply b/c he's one of the most realistic options there are this Summer if the Knicks are to get out from under Amar'e contract. As mentioned above, STAT is the better player, and if healthy gives TOR way more value. TOR is done with Bargnani. I even believe it's possible to believe TOR might view it's better to bring Amar'e in for 2 years (even with the risk) then to keep Bargs, or give him away for pennies on the dollar. TOR had to overpay to bring in Landry Fields, so it is obvious free agents aren't running to Canada right now. TOR is under the cap and has some money to spend, so they'll first try to dump Bargs to free up even more cash then make a run at a Paul Mislap or something... But I think they swing and miss, and this is where NY comes in. Our main motivation to do this trade is to get cap relief. Even if it is only 4 or 5 million. It would be a huge relief next season. About 11 million will be cleared. If even given the choice that it means Bargnani plus 1 other useful player or STAT, the Knicks will attempt to make this move. It might mean keeping Copeland or not.

mafra

Legend
ANYWAY... Bryan Colangelo is out as general manager of the Toronto Raptors. This means that the players he brought in last year (Landry Fields and Amir Johnson) might be moveable, as the new GM looks to get rid of future commitments and build the team in his own image. I did this trade and it worked: Amar'e & Novak for Bargnani, Fields & Johnson (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine). This would free up nearly 2 mil for the Knicks (probably enough to sign 1st round pick and get under the Apron). TOR gets STAT, an upgrade over Bargs plus they get a shooter. Knicks get a defensive big in the paint to help TC along with some cap relief next season). NYK will keep Copeland, so have little use for Novak. TOR gets to get out of the Fields deal.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Im hearing this Kevin Love to the Knicks trade. I know it's just a rumor but it's been floating around all over.

Kevin Love, Alexi Shved and Derrick Williams

for

Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert and Steve Novak

id hate to lose shump, but wed be getting klove, a rebounding beast, and 2 good players with potential

thought we are shiping out our only 2 defensive players

bigapple

Starter
Im hearing this Kevin Love to the Knicks trade. I know it's just a rumor but it's been floating around all over.

for

id hate to lose shump, but wed be getting klove, a rebounding beast, and 2 good players with potential

Shump is future he is the youngest the fastest best D player from all Knicks roster

Forget Shved and Williams K Love went down after his 20/20 unstoppable series.

No one will get Stat with his conctract

most alerts is MELO's contract wich will expire in 2014 this is really scary

this team need better roster for MELo

this team need shooters and D like Pacers and Heat combined LOL

tiger0330

Legend

for

That's an interesting trade, got a link for it? What would they do with Pekovic?