The Official Wilson Chandler is Overrated Thread

metrocard

Legend
Duhon/Chandler is the worst backcourt in the league.
Anyone who wants Chandler is automatically an Isiahsexual...

I love Lee, but I won't cry seeing him go knowing Isiah drafted him.
Anything Isiah touched is tainted.

Jefferies, Curry, Robinson, Chandler, Lee.

First deal would be

Houston trades
T'Mac
Budinger
Lowry
Dorsey

for

Hughes
Curry
Chandler
Douglas

Next deal

Super deal
between NJ
and NY

NJ trades
Simmons
Hassell
Shawne Williams
Yi Jianlian
#1 pick

NY trades
Lee
Harrington
Robinson
Hill
Jefferies
second round pick

NJ's roster
Harris/Robinson
CDR/Lee
Harrington/Williams
Lee/Hill/Jefferies
Lopez/Boone

Why NJ does this?
They keep their core, and get massive offensive talent in Robinson, Lee, and Harrington and get an extra 2nd round pick in return. Nets are the worst offensive team in the NBA and they need offense from somewhere asap.

NY's roster
Lowry/Duhon
T'Mac/Budginer
Gallinari/Hassell/Williams
Jianlian/Dorsey
Milicic/Bender

NY sucks for a season, so what?
This lineup can actuallly be better since Yi is on the rise, Lowry is an underrated PG and Milicic can finally get a chance to play and we can use his shot blocking.
We'll get a very defensive bench in Duhon/Hassell/Dorsey....with shooting off the bench with Budinger and Bender.

Plus, we get the cap space to get whoever we want, and get a # 1 pick

We could honestly look like

2010 New York Knicks
Wall 6"5 (a new-age PG who will revolutionize the position)
James 6"8 (does everything)
Gallinari 6"11 (sharp shooter with slashing and passing ability)
Jianlian 7" (dynmatic PF athlete with skills and a jumper)
Milicic 7" (shotblocker)

Bench
Budinger
Dorsey
Duhon
Williams
Bender
Milicic
Anyone for the MLE?

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Is he over-rated? I think he's under achieving more than anything. I'm not sure, but it looks as if he lacks any real desire to attack opponents. He's got the body and athleticism to hammer on people but must lack that killer instinct.

The guy needs to get some "c&%t" in him seriously. With all that ink, you can't be soft, timid, whatever.. At all. Is that unfair?

So I say he's not under rated, he's just an under achiever because he has a a bit of a vagina.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i never thought i'd say this but chandler is actually getting BETTER and smarter

his trademark move now is the quick spin move in the paint, which he actually tried doing last season and got stuck most of the time but right now it's close to perfection and he's also hitting those close turnarounds with ease

he's playing more loose and is definately going inside more, if anyone remembers the recent hawks game he was going off from all over

i didnt expect this but u cant deny his recent development

i wonder if the dantonis bro had anything to do with his

big increase in fg% within the past month as well

Wow you guys actually did'nt blast him for that trade scenario.. How jaded are you when you want to trade your best player because somebody else drafted him.. C'mon son:barf:

I still do not understand who is over hyping this guy
he gets no media press
he gets no recognition from the AP
he gets no talk on nba tv or any headline links on espn.com or nba.com
he has no all star consideration
no most improved consideration
he is not mentioned in any articles through newsday the post the times or the daily news all major new york news papers
during games clyde and breen discuss how he has improved at attacking the basket, which he does, but they never discuss how he is the second coming of any one worth naming.

he is a late first round pick, putting up late first round numbers

explain to me

when and where he gets over hyped

can some one PLEASSSSSSE

post a link or an article or some scouting report that has claimed this man to be an all star or an elite or a future hall of famer, because I am yet to read it

again this is not me de fending wilson chandler

its me trying to understand where we get this over rated thing from

WHOOOOO is over rating him ?

AND DONT respond saying that I am over rating him because

I quote end quote stated that he is a late first round pick putting up late first round numbers, and that is it; I think he is doing what he was drafted to do, fit in. not over rated, not under rated, not over achieving not under achieving; just fitting in as a role player who at 22 is fitting in well enough to start on a losing basketball team.

GetRealistic

Starter
he gets no media press
he is not mentioned in any articles through newsday the post the times or the daily news all major new york news papers
during games clyde and breen discuss how he has improved at attacking the basket, which he does, but they never discuss how he is the second coming of any one worth naming.

explain to me

can some one PLEASSSSSSE

post a link or an article or some scouting report that has claimed this man to be an all star or an elite or a future hall of famer, because I am yet to read it

I quote end quote stated that he is a late first round pick putting up late first round numbers, and that is it; I think he is doing what he was drafted to do, fit in. not over rated, not under rated, not over achieving not under achieving; just fitting in as a role player who at 22 is fitting in well enough to start on a losing basketball team.

Well said.... I'm perfectly fine with Chandler. He's not an All-star or anything but he's a solid contributor, who does his job. He's much better suited as a small forward then a shooting guard but what other options do we have?

Chandler has improved his shot selection, is an above average defender, and a good foul shooter. He'd be a tremendous 4th player or bench player on a good thing. If he continues to develop he can easily be as good as Trevor Ariza. The dudes young and progressing.

Wilson Chandler and his performance on the court our the least of this teams worries.

Toons

is the Bo$$
he gets no media press

explain to me

can some one PLEASSSSSSE

COSIGN....

dave2138

Rotation player
The only time I can think of Chandler being overhyped is when I think it was D'Antoni who compared him to Shawn Marion or said he had the potential to be like Marion. When a coach says that about a player obviously your expectations are going to be raised, but it should be clear to everybody after watching the past 2 1/2 seasons that he isn't going to be that kind of player.

I don't think he hurts the team though especially when given a limited role offensively. All in all, can't complain about an all around average offensive player with good defense.

- What was up with the NJ - NY trade idea? Why would NJ trade a guaranteed top 4 pick for Jordan Hill + Jefferies...(Lee/Robinson/Harrington have absolutely 0 value to NJ because their contracts expire after this year.)

Forget about John Wall...not a chance a team will give up the chance for the 1st overall pick knowing a future superstar is entering the draft.

ANU

Starter
metro, you mad transparent bro.you've been shitting on chandler, and now that his bball i.q. has improved and he knows what his game is, you want to call him overrated? don't get me wrong i'd trade him and hill for blake griffin in a heart beat but you can't deny he's getting better.

i do like the jersey deal but i doubt it would happen.

metrocard

Legend
he gets no media press

explain to me

can some one PLEASSSSSSE

Knicksonline.com hype this guy up sadly.
Read my first post in the thread, I never bought up ESPN, or all these wacky articles you want, so you google it for yourself. I'm talking about what I stated. Stay on topic.

Your last paragraph makes sense though.
I feel like Chandler is VERY REPLACABLE, and we should use this opportunity of him producing so well for a TRADE, if we don't...we'll mess up just like how we wouldnt trade Curry when he was putting up 18 points a night.

No offense to Chandler, his spot up shooting isn't good and him on a team with LeBron would be a nightmare because Chandler isn't going to do what he'll be doing now in the future because LeBron does the slashing in a million levels above Chandler, so Chandler's "JOB" will be handed to LJ...just saying. I don't like Chandler's future on this team.

Chandler has amazing gliding agility when he drives....very smooth. He's not a physical dude at all, doesnt like contact, but hes good at that. When he doesnt take a lot of threes and get around the close range, he tends to be more efficient.

But thats where it stops with him.
His limits will hurt us more then they will help us, especially if we're giving the guy 35 minutes a game.

Time to get a solid SG who can hit 3's, create and do what Chandler does(which most wings in the NBA can do if given the minutes Chandler get)

Well said.... I'm perfectly fine with Chandler. He's not an All-star or anything but he's a solid contributor, who does his job. He's much better suited as a small forward then a shooting guard but what other options do we have?

Chandler has improved his shot selection, is an above average defender, and a good foul shooter. He'd be a tremendous 4th player or bench player on a good thing. If he continues to develop he can easily be as good as Trevor Ariza. The dudes young and progressing.

Wilson Chandler and his performance on the court our the least of this teams worries.

Got to raise your standards.

First off, Chandler is having a good January/December run.

No doubt.
Chandler can produce.
Thats NICE.

But this is your flaw as a fan.
You guys buy into too quickly in a player.

Chandler has a serious ceiling.
and that ceiling will never allow this team to get the SKY and reach for the stars we want to get to.

Chandler can average 20 and 8 for like 10 games, but realistically speaking don't come back to me with your head up when he falls back to reality.

Don't insist that I'm hoping the worst Chandler.

I just KNOW, I watch the guy play long enough to know where he'll be now, and 5 years from now.

This is what you guys don't get.
Chandler is Chandler.
There is no development, some guys have a high ceiling and others don't.

I really DOUBT Chandler and he hasn't done enough for me to change my perspective on his max potential.

I'm not selling out to 10 games guys. Sorry.

Metro,, My Brother...come On Man

You Just Based Your Analysis Of Wilson Chandler On A Comparison To Lebron James.

How Are We As Posters Supposed To Take You Seriously When The Foundation Of Your Argument Is Comparing Our Role Player To A Top 3 Player In The League.

And No

Knicksonline Posters Do Not Over Hype This Guy, As Per This Thread Proving Me Correct, No One Is Going Nuts Over This Guy They Are Just Pointing Out That Yes He Has Improved, His Field Goal Percentage Is At About 50 Percent Over The Past 21 Games, He Defends Well, Rebounds The Ball, And Is Pretty Much Our Best Free Throw Shooter ; Which Boosts The Fact He Can Get To The Line. With That Being Said Is He An All Star No, Is He Lebron James No.

The Only Time That Knicksonline Hyped Him Was 2 Years Ago Over The Summer When He Finished Isiah Thomas's Last Season Strong After Sitting Most Of His Rookie Year, We All Said The Same Thing He Is Going To Help Us In The Future, I Would Have To Say If You Look At His Output During Victories, He Is Definitely Doing What We All Predicted.

YOU BRING UP HIS CEILING, WHO EVER STATED HE HAD THIS HIGH CEILING, SO WHAT IF CHANDLER IS CHANDLER, ILL TAKE CHANDLER BEING CHANDLER IF IM THE SPURS MAGIC LAKERS OR ANY OTHER ELITE TEAM AND I PROMISE YOU CHANDLER BEING CHANDLER IS POSTING 20 MINUTES AND BEING HELPFUL TOWARDS A WINNING FORMULA.

Slow Down Relax, And Stop Comparing Chandler To Lebron James, Its Laughable And You Are Too Smart For That Sort Of Nonsense.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter

No doubt.
Chandler can produce.
Thats NICE.

and that ceiling will never allow this team to get the SKY and reach for the stars we want to get to.
i agree with this.especially with how fans here view david lee.lee is our best player, is consistently good, but he's not great enough times for this team to risk mediocrity for another ten years by signing him to a long term deal.

smokes

Huge Member
Knicksonline.com hype this guy up sadly.
Read my first post in the thread, I never bought up ESPN, or all these wacky articles you want, so you google it for yourself. I'm talking about what I stated. Stay on topic.

Your last paragraph makes sense though.
I feel like Chandler is VERY REPLACABLE, and we should use this opportunity of him producing so well for a TRADE, if we don't...we'll mess up just like how we wouldnt trade Curry when he was putting up 18 points a night.

No offense to Chandler, his spot up shooting isn't good and him on a team with LeBron would be a nightmare because Chandler isn't going to do what he'll be doing now in the future because LeBron does the slashing in a million levels above Chandler, so Chandler's "JOB" will be handed to LJ...just saying. I don't like Chandler's future on this team.

Chandler has amazing gliding agility when he drives....very smooth. He's not a physical dude at all, doesnt like contact, but hes good at that. When he doesnt take a lot of threes and get around the close range, he tends to be more efficient.

But thats where it stops with him.
His limits will hurt us more then they will help us, especially if we're giving the guy 35 minutes a game.

Time to get a solid SG who can hit 3's, create and do what Chandler does(which most wings in the NBA can do if given the minutes Chandler get)

No doubt.
Chandler can produce.
Thats NICE.

Chandler can average 20 and 8 for like 10 games, but realistically speaking don't come back to me with your head up when he falls back to reality.

Don't insist that I'm hoping the worst Chandler.

I just KNOW, I watch the guy play long enough to know where he'll be now, and 5 years from now.

This is what you guys don't get.
Chandler is Chandler.
There is no development, some guys have a high ceiling and others don't.

I really DOUBT Chandler and he hasn't done enough for me to change my perspective on his max potential.

I'm not selling out to 10 games guys. Sorry.

It's a good post but, I don't understand where the problem lies.

He wasn't a high draft pick. He doesn't have a large contract. He doesn't demand the ball.

He does play defense (2nd best defender in our current rotation probably), he takes good shots most of the time.

He could be more aggressive and he hasn't developed a great deal from last season with the exception of adding the 2 post moves he goes to quite frequently (spin move to hook shot of the glass/post up turnaround J) but he was recovering from surgery for the entire offseason.

So while I agree Chandler is Chandler and he's not amazing, what's the problem with that? And what do you want to do about it?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Here we go again. Let's single out the best player on the team (whose last name isn't Marbury), and say he is overrated. Haven't we already been through this before??? We are all sorry your mancrush Rubio stayed where he belonged in Spain (not really). There aren't enough talented players from the PR to go around for every NBA team to have one. For once can you appreciate a guy putting in work in a Knicks uniform. You say Chandler can't go to the hole, but I saw drive the lane and bring the rim down against the Bulls the other week. Wilson shot selection and outside touch is getting better, and the man fills up the stat sheet. What's the problem???

KBlack25

Starter
Chandler is what he is. A decent role player who can, on some nights, put up huge numbers. I don't think (and don't recall) anyone would say this guy is going to have multiple all-star games (or even one all star game), no one is going to say this guy is going to win MVP or come close. But I think we need players like Chandler, every team does, to fill the roster, pose somewhat of a threat and take pressure off of your stars. Unfortunately, we have no stars.

I agree, Chandler is certainly replaceable. He is what he is, a guy that will never be an all-star, but can make positive contributions. If we were to trade him, I wouldn't be broken up about it, we can get someone else who replicates his skill set close enough. If there's a team out there that over-values Chandler, I don't see why we couldn't make a move.

CoolClyde

i agree duhon/chandler backcourt is weakest in league, but that's due to doo-doo stinking up the starting PG position.

Chandler has steadily improved from Day 1. He's stopped chucking 3's, and
has worked on driving to basket, and taking shorter shots.

He's one of the most athletic players on the squad, rebounding, blocking shots, and his offensive contributions are the difference between winning and losing this year. He's currently in a great groove, where are you coming from with this weak argument?

So much time wasted not only dissing Chandler, but coming up with lame trade scenarios...

good thread... to poop on!

WILSOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think anyone on the Knicks is untouchable, so I don't care who gets traded. The Knicks need a point guard that can shoot above 41% and get assists, a shooting guard that can shoot over 41%, and a center who can block shots.

smokes

Huge Member
Also I don't think Chandler has quite hit his ceiling yet (performance-wise). Last season his main game was driving and he would do it a lot more frequently. You can see it right now that his first-step is not as good as it was last season (ankle surgery). Also he has said he's playing at 95% or so, and I've seen it in a few recent games when he's come down from a jumper or a layup with a bit of obvious discomfort in his legs. If he can combine this years performance (half-decent mid range, post moves, offensive rebounds/putbacks, better finishing around the basket) with last years (aggressive driving) then he can probably do 15-20 PPG consistently.

Plus he's not really a SG. As a SG/SF combo he's really not bad. At the moment it's quite unusual for him to be at the SF spot though. If Gallo isn't in the game we have either Harrington/Bender filling the SF spot.