Road to Zion

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Currently our Knicks are 1-4 on the year.

Only the Cavs and Thunder have a worse record than us.

KP most likely won't play at all this year.

The young guys look like they'll be getting more playing time so they can develop.

So with that being said, I think all roads lead to Zion...

Zion Williamson that is :smokin:

Look I'm not saying we should tank.

I'm just saying that we should try to win less games so we can acquire Zion in next years draft :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Nobody should celebrate players tanking... that should never happen. Nobody should celebrate an org tanking either...

But, what?s wrong with playing kids... developing them... getting them experience... and rooting for them to be competitive but also seeing the benefit in enduring a losing season?

Look Westbrook and Curry. Had Knicks took the youth movement route (20th century term for tanking), instead of playing vets heavy minutes (Hughes, Harrington, Duhon)... NY wins 22 games instead of 27... and today, we would?ve been rewarded with a decade of a Curry-Westbrook back court.

Ergo, we don?t need Lee and LT playing heavy minutes. As fans, we can appreciate a rebuild and see the value in adding 1 more top 5 pick.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Exactly Mafra, specially since we have so many young guys. They shouldn't be riding the bench tbh

I feel like in the past coaches were always trying to keep their jobs so they never truly developed our young talent. Fizdale looks like he'll have a longer leash because of the KP injury and the youth movement.

mafra

Legend
They call him baby LeBron. He is physically superior over his peers with enormous athleticism... think Greek Freak.

Now, I have to watch him play this season to get a better feel, to look beyond the YouTube highlights...

He?s playing with RJ Barrett (another potential #1 selection), on a talented Duke team.

Point is: top 5 lottery pick plus a max free agent or 2 quality free agents is exactly what we need to finally be in the playoff mix again.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Dolan Knicks does not have the right management personnel, nor does the Dolan Knicks has the right coaching-staff for a superior player like Zion Williamson. Duke college coaching-staff are 10 times better than the Dolan Knicks poor coaching-staff !!!

The NBA will not allow a FOOLISH Dolan Knicks team to select another super-star out of the draft after the Patrick Ewing fiasco !!!

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
The Dolan Knicks does not have the right management personnel, nor does the Dolan Knicks has the right coaching-staff for a superior player like Zion Williamson. Duke college coaching-staff are 10 times better than the Dolan Knicks poor coaching-staff !!!

The NBA will not allow a FOOLISH Dolan Knicks team to select another super-star out of the draft after the Patrick Ewing fiasco !!!

Knicks fans hate the team more than anyone else :lol::lol::lol:

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
They call him baby LeBron. He is physically superior over his peers with enormous athleticism... think Greek Freak.

Now, I have to watch him play this season to get a better feel, to look beyond the YouTube highlights...

He’s playing with RJ Barrett (another potential #1 selection), on a talented Duke team.

Point is: top 5 lottery pick plus a max free agent or 2 quality free agents is exactly what we need to finally be in the playoff mix again.

I rather have this guy then a superstar like KD because were a young team. Its gonna take us a couple years to become a great team. By then KD will be old and he wouldn't help us as much as Zion.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks fans hate the team more than anyone else :lol::lol::lol:

Its not HATE .. its recalling the Knicks past .. for the first time and the last time in NBA history the Fans, Owners, and sport commentators called the NBA Lottery Balls RIGGED when the Knicks won the first pick of the draft to select Patrick Ewing.
How did the Patrick Ewing and Knicks organization work out? Not good when Patrick Ewing demanded to be traded!

Hypothetically speaking .. It would be Great for the Knicks organization to get the first pick of the 2019 draft to select Zion ..
Adding a powerful young 2-Way Big Zion to all our future star young-core teammates:
MitchRob, FortKnox, Trier, Dotson, and our future defensive Gangster Frank Nitty to run the point

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
We lose to the lowly bulls tonight.

Our record is now 3 - 8.

We're the 5th worst team in the league so far.

Our next 10 games are:

Hawks
Raptors
Magic
Thunder
Pelicans
Magic
Trail Blazers
Celtics
Pelicans
Grizzlies

I see us winning at most 3 games. But we have been losing to bad teams so lets say we win 2 out of 10. Our record will be 5-16 by thanksgiving weekend. Damn.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Michigan St almost came back vs Kansas. Duke is up 32-11 right now on Kentucky. 5 of top 7 projected picks in June are playing in these 2 games.

Zion is 6?7? and 285. Only 1 player in the NBA weighs more than Zion. He?s the same size as Aaron Judge. Oh, and he has a 45-inch vertical and feet of a dancer... to compliment his solid court vision and passing.

Zion closed out to prevent a 3... Nailed a deep Curry-like 3... this guy is a monster.

RJ Barrett is a beast as well.

If these 2 alone were the only guys in the draft it would be worth tanking.

Anybody who would prefer to win 33 games and end up selecting 12th over getting a shot at Zion or RJ is insane.

Duke is eating alive the #2 in the nation... effortlessly.

mafra

Legend
Zion just grabbed the ball away from a KY player attempting a layup... leads the fast break and threads a sweet 1/4 court bounce pass the a teammate in the pain... hits him in stride... AND-1.

This kid is AS ADVERTISED.

77-47 Duke.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Michigan St almost came back vs Kansas. Duke is up 32-11 right now on Kentucky. 5 of top 7 projected picks in June are playing in these 2 games.

Zion is 6?7? and 285. Only 1 player in the NBA weighs more than Zion. He?s the same size as Aaron Judge. Oh, and he has a 45-inch vertical and feet of a dancer... to compliment his solid court vision and passing.

Zion closed out to prevent a 3... Nailed a deep Curry-like 3... this guy is a monster.

RJ Barrett is a beast as well.

If these 2 alone were the only guys in the draft it would be worth tanking.

Anybody who would prefer to win 33 games and end up selecting 12th over getting a shot at Zion or RJ is insane.

Duke is eating alive the #2 in the nation... effortlessly.

Zion is a once in a generation talent. Even if we don?t get the 1st overall pick, we should trade up for this man.

Barrett is nice too but he?s not Zion.

I heard someone compare them to shaq and penny. Tbh that?s a perfect comparison when it comes to their dominance in the game they just played.

paris401

Starter
I see us winning at most 3 games. But we have been losing to bad teams so lets say we win 2 out of 10. Our record will be 5-16 by thanksgiving weekend. Damn.

wow.. no reason to post any longer this season... see all u guys next season- over and out