Can someone tell me what the point of buying out Beno Udrih was?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't get the Metta situation either, but at least Earl Clark was brought in to fill the small forward spot. Why did they buy out Beno Udrih and sign Shannon Brown? The starting five has three guards, and only Prigioni brings the passing the team needs (J.R. might be a better PG than Felton now), and two shooting guards coming off the bench.

I'm fine with small ball, but this team is not assembled well enough and the players don't have enough time to gel. Last season the team had the pieces to win a lot of games with that stategy (not using the big men to it's fullest potential was maddening), and also there's no Kidd to lead the team. If Murry and Brown gets minutes, we could be seeing six guards play.

I'll be rooting for Brown to play well, but he's not a PG, so what was the point of buying out Beno?

Another mystery of the bad coach and bad owner.

Kiyaman

Legend
There was no reason to buy-out Beno or MWP, unless the Knicks goal are TANKING the season for a early pick in 2014 draft class, which the next team have.

How much is the next team paying Dolan to Tank is the best question?

CoolClyde

Beno spoke up about his situation, and he was put in the doghouse, never to play again. this line of thinking goes right along with Dolan, who was incensed about specific players speaking their minds, Latrell Sprewell, Marcus Camby, and they immediately got traded. Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson, both had problems with D'antoni, they were benched and traded, or just let go. Jeremy Lin, pissed off Dolan by having the audacity to accept more money when the club he brought millions to just in t-shirt sales refused to negotiate with him. Dolan/D'antoni/Woodson. all on power trips, where their egos are more important than the team. f*ck em all.

Last edited: