Wilson Chandler's Progress

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I really liked what I saw from Chandler in game one, but I'm not convinced he's going to make much progress this year over last. His instructions for the off season were to work on his "handle" (he twittered that info when he had an account). Mostly likely, the team wants him to be versatile enough to play some SG so they can play him with Gallo. However, IMO he also needed to work on his outside shot, shot selection, and ability to finish around the basket. The problem is that he was off the court for almost the entire summer due to his surgery. He didn't even return to the court until September and isn't even 100% fit yet. He said as much the other day. So I seriously doubt he has made huge progress on his handle and any other skills in the off season the way we hope.

Chandler is still part of our future, but don't be surprised if we see a lot of the same inconsistency this year that we saw last year.

TunerAddict

Starter
Pretty good points.

Although he couldn't get much basketball work in, he certainly got some weight training in.

I mean, it was an injury at Marquette that got DWade into the weight room.

So all was not lost this summer.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
it looked like his ball handling improved SLIGHTLY, and right now he has an effective step-back

and his FG% should increase because his release looks even better

overall he's solid and i didn't like him much either, although i would still trade him and hughes for another sg

it could be wiser to let some of these players grow together and create chemistry, but a pure sg shooter near nate and douglas would be more effective

the portable man

Benchwarmer
also i don't know if anyone noticed but for the first time hughes played a good role in the preseason game

went 0-3, but the shots were good and for most of the time he played to his strengths, which is STRICTLY defending

i wouldn't mind hughes getting 20mpg if he simply ONLY took open shots and just played D, instead of working of screens and making plays