the knicks franchise player

Pres8

Rookie
the knicks franchise player according to hoopsworld.com is ..... (drumrollll) david lee! .... I think he maye e awsome in the system and he already has the heart and grit to be the leader of a team ... ur thoughts
I think that this is right because a franchise player must be a real leader not only a star or a scorer like McGrady or MARBURY..... a franchise player must be a good person that plays for the team not for him , a franchise player must be a player that helps his team every day whit defense,rebounds and intensity . only david lee is a real franchise player (gallinari is too young and a rookie but in milan he was the franchise player, so in the future....)
DavidLee_300_061220.jpg

Man Wilson Chandler has the potential to be way better than David Lee in a few years. IMO Lee isn't a franchise player type. He's a solid contributing role player to a championship team type.

Paul1355

All Star
Man Wilson Chandler has the potential to be way better than David Lee in a few years. IMO Lee isn't a franchise player type. He's a solid contributing role player to a championship team type.

cosign

Chandler has potential written all over him, Lee can be effective even as a starter but as a rebounding guy that can score from time to time. Not a franchise player, that's pushing it. We can see Chandler is strong in every aspect of the game, and his defense makes you actually drool at what kind of player this guy can be....like Shawn marion or Josh SMith perhaps come into mind.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
marbury still the franchise player, he's still the most talented player on da knicks and the one gettin paid the big bucks

Paul1355

All Star
marbury still the franchise player, he's still the most talented player on da knicks and the one gettin paid the big bucks

Yup, but he isn't worth the money he is getting. He is still the most talented and if he ever motivated himself, could be an all star again.

Paul1355

All Star
Whoever wrote that article never watched a Knick game. Lee is a fan favorite and hustles and rebounds. That doesn't make him anything but a solid role player and possible starter, not a franchise player. I never thought I'd say this but this person makes Lee overrated. If anything our upcoming star is Wilson Chandler and no one even knows if he can become a "franchise player." You look at every other team? Joe Johnson, Dwayne Wade, Lebron....Lee isn't even close in these class of players and leadership they have.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the knicks franchise player is......there is none!!

no seriously Lee is a good bet but i put my money on Wilson Chandler the guys game is crazy good just watch him develop...i can smell Superstar!!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Obviously! If any of the major contenders could select a Knicks player for free I dare say the vast majority would go for Lee. He`s blue collar, smart, selfless and determined. Please don`t trade him!

However, get rid of Marbury quick as Usain Bolt on ice in a hurry.
Put some nitrous in that jet engine and fire him off to Italy. All aspirations any team ever had with him on their roster have been a failure. Especially the aspirations that arrived with him here at my beloved Knicks franchise:barf:.

It was doomed from the start.

He`s clearly unintelligent.
Obviously disloyal.
Swimming in unjust self adoration.
An expensive tumor.

Please New York! Ridding us of Marbury is the initial step in building toward something far greater that could never be achieved with him on the team.

Go Knicks 08/09.

Best of luck. Let`s go Fat Eddy 34, bring it back this year! Go JC11, Nate, Lee, Gallinari, Chandler and for god`S sake ZBo turn it up.

Glory shall reign in the Garden once again!

jpz17

Starter
welcome to the forum, but i have to say....

MARBURY ISN'T GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

team starburains re-unit!!

moneyg

Starter
its chandler, he will be the franchise player just like danny granger has become the one in indiana

marbury is not hungry anymore. trust me i know his family and friends. he feel happy just to make it out the hood. he feels he won in the game of life already.. just like isiah

lee is a very good role player. and will always be one:update:

Paul1355

All Star
its chandler, he will be the franchise player just like danny granger has become the one in indiana

marbury is not hungry anymore. trust me i know his family and friends. he feel happy just to make it out the hood. he feels he won in the game of life already.. just like isiah

lee is a very good role player. and will always be one:update:

Oh so you've had barbecues wit Stephon and his family now? you know exactly how he will approach this year? Even though he is fighting for a decent contact next year and has been known as a nothing since coming here, he has something to prove and he knows it. I disagree. I think he will come out strong and try better than he has the past few years. I think he wants to surprise people and leave on a good note.

Allen

Benchwarmer
For all pratical purposes David Lee is our franchise player because he's the only one that can energize the entire fan base. Marbury may be the most "talented" player and the most over-paid on the roster but he's not the franchise player.

Lee is the franchise player because he can energize the fans, plays with heart, brings maximum effort and is prepared to play every time his number is called. And most important he isn't LAZY. Now how many guys on the roster can you say have those qualities?

moneyg

Starter
Oh so you've had barbecues wit Stephon and his family now? you know exactly how he will approach this year? Even though he is fighting for a decent contact next year and has been known as a nothing since coming here, he has something to prove and he knows it. I disagree. I think he will come out strong and try better than he has the past few years. I think he wants to surprise people and leave on a good note.

oh i have done more than BBQs with his family and friends..... so i guess ur bascially saying that he will only play good for a new contract .. i can believe that. sounds like him. im not bashin him. but every offseason i ask ...." yo ..whats up with ur cousin" and i hear the same story...

i lluv marbury. i just want him to stop acting so negative.

but im sure he gots stuff on me.... just like he has on isiah...(snitch)

Paul1355

All Star
oh i have done more than BBQs with his family and friends..... so i guess ur bascially saying that he will only play good for a new contract .. i can believe that. sounds like him. im not bashin him. but every offseason i ask ...." yo ..whats up with ur cousin" and i hear the same story...

i lluv marbury. i just want him to stop acting so negative.

but im sure he gots stuff on me.... just like he has on isiah...(snitch)

And the news of his father passing away have any affect on his approach towards the game? Something that drastic usually hits cocky players like Stephon pretty hard. And changes them in some positive way.