Would you Still Fire Dantoni Mid Season/End Season

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Here is a question for everyone. With the 3 game streak we have just won, the apparent team chemistry and the emergence of J Lin. Would everyone still take the chance and fire Dantoni and effectively promote Mike Woodson as the head coach? Or would you ride out this season than fire after?

Another question is, if we make the playoffs do you fire Dantoni? Or extend him for a year, giving him a full training camp with the Knicks.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I wouldn't fire him mid-season if Mike Woodson is his replacement. Hasn't it been said that Woodson made the Hawks' offense stagnant like their current coach?

skisloper

Starter
Let him stay the season unless we hit another 9 out of 10 losses.

Depends on our playoff success and if Phil Jackson is available.

tiger0330

Legend
Let him stay the season unless we hit another 9 out of 10 losses.

Depends on our playoff success and if Phil Jackson is available.
Co-sign. Unless he manages to not get this team to .500 soon, no excuses for him now, he's got stars, a big man, a PG.

Even if he manages to get to the playoffs, I still think he's been exposed as a coach, I think what Marbury said about him that he has no system, he just let's guys play is true. Lin comes in and totally turns around the teams fortunes tells me a chimp could do what D'Antoni does. Now do what JVG did when he was here and make the talent he had a winning team, now that's coaching.

iSaYughh

Starter
Co-sign. Unless he manages to not get this team to .500 soon, no excuses for him now, he's got stars, a big man, a PG.

Even if he manages to get to the playoffs, I still think he's been exposed as a coach, I think what Marbury said about him that he has no system, he just let's guys play is true. Lin comes in and totally turns around the teams fortunes tells me a chimp could do what D'Antoni does. Now do what JVG did when he was here and make the talent he had a winning team, now that's coaching.

Wasn't it coaching then, last year, pre-Melo, when we were a playoff team on the rise, and exceeding the expectations of almost all fans (KO members included), and professional NBA analysts?

Also, wouldn't taking an undrafted, unheralded, bounced around raw PG and turn him into a winning, starting PG for the NYK (in about a month's time from being picked off waivers), qualify as taking the talent you have and making it "winning"?

tiger0330

Legend
Also, wouldn't taking an undrafted, unheralded, bounced around raw PG and turn him into a winning, starting PG for the NYK (in about a month's time from being picked off waivers), qualify as taking the talent you have and making it "winning"?
You can't be serious!! JLin first joined the team when? How many practices has he been to, D'Antoni said himself that his 3PGs got most of the reps and Lin being 4th on the depth chart didn't get much practice time, D'Antoni gets zero credit for his development. And as far as him playing it took a .300 record to motivate D'Ants to play him, no as far as I'm concerned him playing JLin is just an example of massive luck when it comes to his coaching career.

The scouts and maybe D'Antoni if he had anything to do with picking him up get credit for him being a Knick, that's all the credit I am giving to Pringles.

skisloper

Starter
You can't be serious!! JLin first joined the team when? How many practices has he been to, D'Antoni said himself that his 3PGs got most of the reps and Lin being 4th on the depth chart didn't get much practice time, D'Antoni gets zero credit for his development. And as far as him playing it took a .300 record to motivate D'Ants to play him, no as far as I'm concerned him playing JLin is just an example of massive luck when it comes to his coaching career.

The scouts and maybe D'Antoni if he had anything to do with picking him up get credit for him being a Knick, that's all the credit I am giving to Pringles.

" Massive luck "...............did a Jeanie grant him wishes ?
U make your luck.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Here is a question for everyone. With the 3 game streak we have just won, the apparent team chemistry and the emergence of J Lin. Would everyone still take the chance and fire Dantoni and effectively promote Mike Woodson as the head coach? Or would you ride out this season than fire after?

Another question is, if we make the playoffs do you fire Dantoni? Or extend him for a year, giving him a full training camp with the Knicks.
Why is your sig so weird lmao

tiger0330

Legend
^^ Not a D'Ants fan but I agree. If he wins it all, I'll eat crow, the margin of error in winning a ring comes down to which team had the better coaching and game plan sometimes so if the Knicks take it all, I'll take my hat off to D'Antoni.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Wasn't it coaching then, last year, pre-Melo, when we were a playoff team on the rise, and exceeding the expectations of almost all fans (KO members included), and professional NBA analysts?

What a joke. d`Antoni has turned Lin into a winning, starting PG. That`s hilarious.

D`Antoni had this guy permanently benched whilst Douglas was shooting air every night and turning over more basketballs than McDonalds flip burgers. Lin was sent to the D-League and was fourth choice. Seriously, do you think that Jeremy Lin has suddenly found his talent in the last ten days which made D`antoni suddenly play him? Of course not, Lin`s talent has been there all along and D`Antoni just did what he always does, pick his players and just stick to playing them come what may.

You can see how D`Antoni didn`t want to play him from the game against the Celtics when Lin gave us good first half minutes then got benched for the whole of the second half. Only because Lin played so well was D`antoni forced to play him in the last couple of games. If Lin is capable of doing this now then he was capable of doing it when he was sitting on the end of the bench watching Douglas, Shumpert and Bibby doing nothing.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
If D'antoni gets us to even the second round of the playoffs and Phil Jackson isn't available, then he should stay. I think we're a force to be reckoned with now.

But realistically, you take Phil Jackson whenever possible.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
What a joke. d`Antoni has turned Lin into a winning, starting PG. That`s hilarious.

D`Antoni had this guy permanently benched whilst Douglas was shooting air every night and turning over more basketballs than McDonalds flip burgers. Lin was sent to the D-League and was fourth choice. Seriously, do you think that Jeremy Lin has suddenly found his talent in the last ten days which made D`antoni suddenly play him? Of course not, Lin`s talent has been there all along and D`Antoni just did what he always does, pick his players and just stick to playing them come what may.

You can see how D`Antoni didn`t want to play him from the game against the Celtics when Lin gave us good first half minutes then got benched for the whole of the second half. Only because Lin played so well was D`antoni forced to play him in the last couple of games. If Lin is capable of doing this now then he was capable of doing it when he was sitting on the end of the bench watching Douglas, Shumpert and Bibby doing nothing.

Stop saying he gave us first good half minutes in the Celtics game. he turned the ball over immediately and fouled Ray allen? (i think) or someone at the 3 point line. That's not good minutes.

D'antoni let Lin play because he was out of options and out of hope entirely. That's why he let Lin play. When Lin had that opportunity, he went berserk. No one expected it at all. Stop acting like Lin was a proven player who D'Antoni forced to the bench, are you kidding me? We are all victims to thinking Lin was trash. He amazed us all. That's why he's making headlines.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
didnt he take us from a deficit of a few possessions to like an 8 point lead? if you actually watched the game you could see that was all him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Antoni sucks. What has he won since arriving here? Fire him on the spot. My signature has his track record since coming to New York.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Antoni sucks. What has he won since arriving here? Fire him on the spot. My signature has his track record since coming to New York.
youre a joke. this is the first time he's had a squad he can really compete with and they're 3-0, despite missing stat and melo. why would you count his record from when the FO wasn't even trying to put a winning team out there?

KBlack25

Starter
youre a joke. this is the first time he's had a squad he can really compete with and they're 3-0, despite missing stat and melo. why would you count his record from when the FO wasn't even trying to put a winning team out there?

I'm not going to criticize him for losing his first 2 years here, they were trying to dump players, traded their 2 best guys for scraps and essentially were not trying to win. Any fair, rational fan can at least acknowledge that.

They were doing well with a much more MDA-friendly team before the Melo trade gutted it.

But being 11-15 with this talent (8-15 before the recent wins) is pretty inexcusable, if you ask me. But it's a marathon not a sprint, and if he can turn the ship around and perform well in the playoffs he deserves his job.