Allan Houston working with Shumpert

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Well Houston isn't teaching him defense hahah. I watched the all access video from last week on Knicksnow.com and you see in a couple of the clips in the background them working together on Shumps jump shot and off the dribble shot.

"Iman Shumpert's jumpshot. Before the Bucks game Monday night, Shumpert was working with former Knick and current assistant general manager Allan Houston on shooting off screens. After the rookie missed a few in a row, Houston came up to him and said, "Sometimes your shot is too flat. More arc."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/15442/rapid-reaction-knicks-108-magic-86

Also listen to an interview where shump talks about working with Houston
http://www.hoopsaddict.com/catching-up-with-iman-shumpert/

Sounds like something they will do as a routine for here on out. Houston can atleast do that for us after we've been paying off his contract up until last year.

skisloper

Starter
And if the Queen had balls she would be the King,,,,,,,,,,,

And If Dantonio shaved his mustache he would not be Mr Pringles...

If Woodson had piercings and a Diamond chain he would be Surg Knight

kinein

Benchwarmer
I hope Houston continues to work with the team on shooting. Houston could still suit-up and still contribute!

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Forget shumpert houston needs to work with landry fields on his jumper it's by far worse than Shumps Jumper

On the side note, it's only a matter of time before Shump becomes a very efficient player.

Forget shumpert houston needs to work with landry fields on his jumper it's by far worse than Shumps Jumper

On the side note, it's only a matter of time before Shump becomes a very efficient player.

Yup, Shumpert might turn out to be the best SG of the 2011 Draft Class....don't like him at PG, but at SG he's a beast.

His versatility is great, it's more than just his defense. He can rebound, penetrate, provides tons of energy on both ends and is starting to improve his jump shot.

Fields is starting to look like a Honda Civic compared to Shump who might turn into a Lamborghini.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yup, Shumpert might turn out to be the best SG of the 2011 Draft Class....don't like him at PG, but at SG he's a beast.

His versatility is great, it's more than just his defense. He can rebound, penetrate, provides tons of energy on both ends and is starting to improve his jump shot.

Fields is starting to look like a Honda Civic compared to Shump who might turn into a Lamborghini.

Melo is a Bentley
Tyson is a Tank
STAT is a Spider
Lin is a Volvo
Jeffries is a Charger
Baron is a BMW
Novak is a 3 speed scooter
Jorts and Jordan ride a motorcycle with the side car
Toney is a Huffy
Bibby gets a senior citizen discount bus pass

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Melo is a Bentley
Tyson is a Tank
STAT is a Spider
Lin is a Volvo
Jeffries is a Charger
Baron is a BMW
Toney is a Huffy

Haha I like those comparisons... I'd say STAT is a Hummer(old school) and Jeffries is a Jeep Wrangler.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo is a Bentley
Tyson is a Tank
STAT is a Spider
Lin is a Volvo
Jeffries is a Charger
Baron is a BMW
Toney is a Huffy

Lin isn't too careful with the ball, so he can't be a Volvo. Perhaps a Kawasaki?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Well Houston isn't teaching him defense hahah. I watched the all access video from last week on Knicksnow.com and you see in a couple of the clips in the background them working together on Shumps jump shot and off the dribble shot.

"Iman Shumpert's jumpshot. Before the Bucks game Monday night, Shumpert was working with former Knick and current assistant general manager Allan Houston on shooting off screens. After the rookie missed a few in a row, Houston came up to him and said, "Sometimes your shot is too flat. More arc."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/15442/rapid-reaction-knicks-108-magic-86

Also listen to an interview where shump talks about working with Houston
http://www.hoopsaddict.com/catching-up-with-iman-shumpert/

Sounds like something they will do as a routine for here on out. Houston can atleast do that for us after we've been paying off his contract up until last year.

WTF on earth does Herb Williams do??? I want him gone! He adds ZERO value and just seems to have a place with the team no matter who the coach.

We've never had a big leave this team more skilled prior to coming here with him as our bigman coach. He's a waste of assistant coach space. If I ever saw him i'd tell him to his face too.

petescud

Starter
I think Herb is friends with Dolan, as your right...For a guy who's sat there for years now - he says the same thing every time they ask him a question...lol

WTF on earth does Herb Williams do??? I want him gone! He adds ZERO value and just seems to have a place with the team no matter who the coach.

We've never had a big leave this team more skilled prior to coming here with him as our bigman coach. He's a waste of assistant coach space. If I ever saw him i'd tell him to his face too.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer

At the games I've been to this year, I see Herb working with Tyson and Jerome on post moves and thier mid-range game.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer

Honda Civic's are reliable. May not be the fastest or the strongest. But they get the job done. Landry may not be hitting that 3ptr but he always comes up with a strong drive to the bucket when we need it. He plays his ass off on defense with the ability that he has. He needs to be the starter in order for JR and Shump to be on the floor together.