It's not like the Knicks have choice on how to spend that 5M. JR is the only player they can offer that 5M to because they have his bird rights.
Originally Posted by metrocard
Looks like the Knicks will be asked by Ujiri if they want Bargnani. Now do the Knicks want Bargnani for Stat, I think the answer is the Knicks don't want Bargnani unless he comes with Ross or Amir Johnson and Ujiri doesn't want Stat.
Since I can't (or don't know) how to post a new topic in the forum, and we are discussing trades...
Tyson Chandler and 2015 1st round pick for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe.
Clippers get their have won/win now C in Tyson, a guy who played in the Olympics with CP3, and a guy I'm SURE CP3 would love to have around a young Blake and Co. If the Clips have legit concern about keeping Paul, this would help.
Knicks get younger, and less experienced. However, they are a little more cap friendly, and the lineup is one man deeper:
Felton can be used as a trade piece for a 6th man, or maybe in a S+T somewhere....
[Only registered and activated users can see images. Click Here To Register...]
If they can pull that off and then somehow shed one of the 3 brutal contracts (Kidd Novak Camby) I think they will be OK.
Originally Posted by johnk812
Bledsoe and Jordan are worth more then Chandler and a draft pick.
I think Tyson hurt is value a little with his poor playoff performance......
I also think a few teams would offer up a lottery pick for Bledsoe...
with that said I think a sweeter package .....Chandler/Felton ( paul needs a back-up) and 2014/2015 first rounders for Bledsoe and Jordan.....
We are not winning anything next year no matter what,,,,,,,,,,,,so assuming Melo extends in Feb.....then the goal is to have a Finals team in 2015/2016 season.....hoping Jordan, Beldsoe and Shump continue to expand their games...
the ???????? could be filled with a semi-superstar whenwe trade amares final year of his contract. ( would need some money to extend shump and bledose)
We have no first round pick in 2014. We gave that up as part of the Melo trade. We cannot trade a 2015 first round pick because the CBA does not permit trades of picks in consecutive years. And Denver has the right to switch first round picks with us in 2016. With the exception of Melo, Shump and to some extent Chandler and perhaps Felton, we have no trade assets. Given Amare's injuries, uninsured contract and apparently diminishing skills he will be impossible to trade. Melo is going nowhere. And Shump is a keeper.
While I don't love trading away (more) future draft picks, especially for something that is far from a proven asset/commodity... and while I do think this is a (desperate) reax move to what happened over in BKLYN... With that, I still approve of this move.
Sure, Grunny is rolling the dice here... but what choice did we have?
1) We went all-in last season, and signed Novak-Camby to horrible contracts. We gave them too much money, too many years. But felt we had few options so we went in that direction. BOTH WERE DNP-CD in the playoffs. WTF! We had to get rid of this junk from our roster. I think Camby was misused, and I do think we need his size, rebounding, shot-blocking ability... But Woody wouldn;t play him and we didn't need the dead weight. Novak proved it twice, that he isn't built for the playoffs.
2) A new regime in TOR meant Bargnani was a goner. There were a few interested teams. Sure, we overpaid for him... But we wanted to act and strike quickly. Unless Melo opts out after next season, that 2016 pick will be practically worthless.
3) Bargnani is a player that fits well with 'Melo, more so then both Chandler & Amar'e. He can shoot, and he allows Anthony to have the blocks. He probably has nothing to offer... maybe he'll never regain his former offensive self, or perhaps he cannot stay healthy... STILL... Novak-Camby were worse then unnecessary... they were dead weight.
4) If Bargnani can score 18 a game, and Amar'e stays healthy and drops in his 17 a game... Knicks will have a potent offensive front court. If 'Melo, Amar'e & TC cannot work, well... sprinkling in Bargs may not either... But... again, we are a better team with Bargs then Camby/Novak.
5) Bargnani might actually have value... We might be able to flip him at the trade deadline.