Official KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League 2013-14 Season

CoolClyde

Hello KO posters and welcome to your OFFICIAL KnicksOnline 2013-14 Fantasy Basketball League.

As your 2012-13 winner & new commissioner, I'm starting this thread early to get a grasp on who wants to play.

here's last year's final tallies:
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/kol13

KO2012-13.jpg

Yahoo! Fantasy Sports will again be the domain in which we play, with head-to-head being the weekly format. I'd like to basically follow Yahoo! rules as far as points, playoffs, players on a squad, trade rules/veto times, draft time, etc., but I'm welcome to suggestions in advance. there will no monies or bets involved.

thus far, we have requests to play from:
orangeblobman
lercher
Rady
welcometonycity
ronoranina
bsz
CA7
knicksince 93
NY_Swagger

Let me know if I missed anyone. So, who else wants to play?

PS: I will private message the link and password for this year's league to participating players

PSS: I deleted the previous KO Fantasy BBall thread in order to start fresh without insults.
all such future posts will be deleted immediately so the thread focuses solely on the league.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm in and also yourself Clyde so I guess there's 11 people so far. 12/14/16 would be ideal.

CoolClyde

fyi, I'm passing the commissioner reigns over to SMOKES this year. he's one of the best players, and spent a lot of time making the league fair last year in terms of matchups and trades. due to way too much work on my plate, I won't be playing this year. best of luck to all.

CA7

Scoring Champ
fyi, i'm passing the commissioner reigns over to smokes this year. He's one of the best players, and spent a lot of time making the league fair last year in terms of matchups and trades. Due to way too much work on my plate, i won't be playing this year. Best of luck to all.

gay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
WTF Clyde? That sucks, big time... but I get it, everyone seems to be busy right now. I understand you're passing the commish honors, but to not play at all? C'mon man, I know fantasy league steels a ****load of time, but make KO the only league you're playing and it'll all get sorted out.

smokes

Huge Member
So based on potential interest we have this as a lineup:

smokes
dasilva
orangeblobman
lercher
Rady
welcometonycity
ronoranina
bsz
CA7
knicksince 93
NY_Swagger
metrocard

That's 12 potential players, would be good to get a few more signed up, although 12 is a fine number. We can always up the rosters of each team if we want to limit the free agent pool, or leave it default and have a real battle for the waiver wire. I'll send out PM's within the next week or so to get confirmation and we will need to go through the scoring etc to figure out how we want the league to be played. I'm assuming we'll run a head-to-head points league as we have in previous years.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think we should run with 12 players. People have had a chance to express interest. Thoughts guys?

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I like 16 players just because it made you really dig in deep for waivers, nothing was easy. A lot of researched as required and sneaky smokes showed to be a beast with waiver pick ups.

But 12 is also good because you have more confirmed serious players (no need to hit up people on updating their line ups and less worrying about people dropping their teams)

so either or is great.

Im just worried about his pal who joined the league and tore it up within 8 weeks. He's really the biggest threat IMO.

smokes

Huge Member
I'd like to play with 16 for sure but it just seems that we don't have enough interest within the site and inviting people offsite just causes a bunch of issues and drama so I'd rather avoid it.

smokes

Huge Member
I dunno I can't resume the league from last year as I wasn't the commish so I need whoever was commish to reboot that league and hand over the reigns. Or they can keep control if they want as long as things aren't crazy drama it doesn't bother me.

Could create a new league but then we'd lose all the history of the old league dating back to like 2007.

metrocard

Legend
I renewed the league, in order to keep the history from the previous season.
I sent everyone an invitation, so check your emails
Those who have hidden their emails in the previous season,
the link is here

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/kol14

so come join.

smokes, if you can shoot me your email, I can give you commish status and I can cancel my status as current commish.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
While scheduling the draft don't forget about me and Rady, I'd opt for Friday October 25th, but not later than 8PM ET.