4 Team Trade Imminent

NYKnicks15

Starter
The trade would involve The Denver Nuggets, The Orlando Magic, The Seattle SuperSonics & The New York Knicks..possibly the Portland Trailblazers...

Steve Francis would be getting sent to the Denver Nuggets
Earl Watson most likely to the New York Knicks
Nene to the Seattle Supersonics

and so on and so on...it could also involved the Knicks getting Theo Ratliff. The main purpose is to get Theo Ratliff and Earl Watson in one shallow swoop. but Isiah has said to want to let Pennys contract run out in hope of giving James Dolan a break on the luxury tax...expect a few pieces to be involved and for it to be pretty interesting...more details within the next 48 hours when its said to be taking place IF it is still..

NYKnicks15

Starter
many combinations have been rumored but the most popular seems to be as i hear more, it seems we could get both Nene & Earl Watson....Seattle would be sending a disgruntled PF/C (Fortson, Potapenko, Evans and even Radmanovic) to either Denver or Orlando...Francis sent to Denver...Jamal Crawford possibly sent to Seattle...it doesnt match salary wise but that seems to be the basis. more as it comes.

DONT GET UPSET, ALL OF YOU JAMAL CRAWFORD KOOLAID DRINKERS, THIS IS JUST A RUMOR

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If we land NENE in the deal, I would gladly send out Crawford. Since we have QR, NR, QW, now Rose and Steph.... When you think about it, he really is expendable.We need a defensive presence in the paint more than a perimiter player.

Starks

Starter
I don't know about giving up Crawford for Nene. That dude is always injured. Plus i think we can get alot more for Jamal...like a high caliber point guard. Then Stephon could move to our shooting guard with Rose as our SF. Q is going to have to get shipped out to though. His value goes down big time every game he plays.

*What would happen to Andre Miller is Francis goes to Denver? Will steve play the shooting guard?

NYKnicks15

Starter
well its quite confusing at this time. which teams are still involved and whos going where. expect a lot more details posted by me around 9 or so. from what it seems this could just be a three way involving Denver, Orlando & NY OR Denver, Orlando & Seattle.

if its a 4 way A LOT of ppl will be switching teams. and to answer your question on Steve playing the SG. i dont believe that will happen. due to the other players rumored to being involved..

Francis, Q-Rich, K-Mart, Nene, Watson, Miller are the names involved so far (but NOT POSITIVE) and if Seattle joins in Evans, Fortson, Potapenko and Murray will also be in discussion...should be a very interesting 48 hours to say the least

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Kenyon Martin to the Knicks?

Is Kenyon Martin Out? Informed sources near the Nuggets say that despite the public support of Kenyon Martin by the Nuggets, the team is rumored to be shopping Kenyon Martin and may be closing in on a deal sending Kenyon to the New York Knicks… it’s unclear the exact nature of the deal, sources say it could include as many as two other teams (4-way deal), one team mentioned by Denver sources is the Orlando Magic, and Steve Francis… Magic sources deny any knowledge of a deal even on the table, but say it’s not impossible to believe after losing to the Hawks this week that the team could be exploring a change. The concern expressed by Magic sources is “if” Francis were traded, they would be turning the point and scoring duties over to Keyon Dooling, as Jameer Nelson is still on the shelf with a significant foot injury that may ultimately require surgery. The Knicks having recently acquired Jalen Rose from the Raptors now have a several expendable players, all at areas where the Magic need help especially the small forward position, where a sharp shooting Quentin Richardson could be a nice fit in Orlando, especially if he was packaged with Trevor Ariza or David Lee. Sounds like an easy deal to justify for all parties – the question remains, is this the deal Denver is looking to make?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_16019.shtml

ScReW JeRoMe JaMeS

i would love to have nene come to new york and i would deff give up crawford for nene but this is just a rumor so we'll have to see when it happens..i was looking at some websites and it said that the knicks may do a trade as soon as TOMMOROW! cant wait to see if anything happens

NYKnicks15

Starter
as rady reported and from what im seeing/hearing (and guys i promise im trying to get the latest..as much as i can get rather)

that if it is a four trade its definite the teams involved will be Nuggets, Knicks, Magic and Supersonics.

K-Mart & ? will go to NY
Francis & Murray will go to Denver
Forston, Q-Rich & Ariza will go to Orlando
Nene & ? will go to Seattle

heres the trouble both NY and Seattle want Watson but salary to work, we need Seattle involved. itll be weird but well see what happens.

portega1968

El Cacique
Damn I hate Fugazzi K-Mart big time... he acted like a supreme ahole against the Knicks. But I guess I'll have to learn to love the guy if he does come here.

Assuming Crawford is also shipped out in that deal, I guess we'll be looking at a starting five of Curry, KMart, Rose, Steph and possibly Watson? Off the bench we'd look at Nate, James, Woods and Frye. That would make us kinda shallow in the backcourt, so I'm assuming there is no way that Q and JC would be involved at the same time.

NYKnicks15

Starter
there is no way both Q and JC will both be involved in that deal. it will most likely be Q-Rich and Trevor Ariza (or D-Lee) if anyone. possibly even Seattle getting JJ back. be patient my friends and i will tell you as it develops no worries!

portega im not a big fan of K-Mart either...but thats when he was a Net. imagine him as a Knick? blocking, defending, scoring and talkin some $h1t along the way. we need that type of D and personality! ill welcome him with open arms!

Starks

Starter
The possibility of K-Mart a Knick will make me give gice Thomas some respect back. Personally, if Denver is shopping around all those players, I would rather have Andre Miller. Still K-mart is better than Malik Rose and Taylor combined, and would aslo make are rivalry with the Nets a little more interesting. Besides, by now I think we all understand that Frye is great, but does need to develop a little bit more before we start comparing him to Tim Duncan

kenyon.martin.jpg
102.jpg
010799martin_362x600.jpg
Jefferson_Martin_zezanje.jpg
ml-hover.jpg
mart2.jpg
sp08.jpg
0605_martin_walker_reuters_.jpg

NYKnicks15

Starter
the deal is dead and thank god

heres what it would of looked like..

Denver- Steve Francis & Trevor Ariza
Knicks- Earl Watson and Bryon Russell
Magic- Jamal Crawford, Nene and Voshon Lenard

we would be gettin crap. see this is a Larry made trade. Russell is an expiring contract...

NYKnicks15

Starter
alright new deal (which mite not even be the case, rather different sources) in the works. the original one rady and I mentioned involving K-Mart...

it would see

New York- Kenyon Martin & Earl Watson
Denver- Steve Francis
Orlando- JC or Q-Rich, Trevor Ariza & a "small" contract (RoseORJames)

Each giving and taking around 14 million a year in contracts

Trin_Starr

Starter
I hated Kmart's arrogance when he was on the NEts, but i'd definitely welcome it if he were to be a knick...

But how are his knees? - I read some time ago tht he has some degenerative knee disorder that's affecting his leaping ability...similar to what Amare has and he made need to go thru surgery....

We don't want to end up with another McDyess situation...

timnakhla

Rookie
Just trying to understand.....What's with all those rumors involving Trevor and lee???? I was under the impression that Isiah wasn't gonna part with any of the young kids, otherwise we could've landed Artest!!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
no your mistaken. Indy only wanted Frye. not Ariza. not Lee. not Butler. not Robinson. They only wanted Frye. which Isiah is still not willing to part with. Ariza has lost favor with Larry and some teammates for being not a great teammate and not developing his game more than dunks. And with the addition of Qyntel Woods. Ariza has been quickly expandable...as has Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson with the addition of Jalen Rose.

dont be surprised if you see Trevor Ariza, Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson or Penny Hardaway shipped out before deadline.

in fact the only people you shouldnt "worry" about leaving is Stephon Marbury, Jalen Rose, Channing Frye, Eddy Curry...then theres the Malik Rose and Jerome James contracts which would be good as gone if all possible.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
As far as I'm concerned...if Isiah can pull this off and land both Watson and Martin, this is a good deal. It just sounds very uncharacteristic of an Isiah deal though (he'd actually be getting good talent back) so for that reason, I just can't see it happening.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Steven A Smith on his talkshow said that Isiah is trying to get Francis to have a backcourt of Marbury and Steve....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Trin_Starr said:
I hated Kmart's arrogance when he was on the NEts, but i'd definitely welcome it if he were to be a knick...

But how are his knees? - I read some time ago tht he has some degenerative knee disorder that's affecting his leaping ability...similar to what Amare has and he made need to go thru surgery....

We don't want to end up with another McDyess situation...

That is an excellent point!! He has been injury prone in his short career and I would be curious to know the extent of the damage to his knee. I know everyone is going to say the NY has doctors, but they did give Curry an OK while no one else would.... I think K-mart is an improvement in an area that we need, but he has a HUGE contract and if his knees blow out, we will have another Houston type contact to deal with.