Knicks trying to get Camby in Melo deal

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- One of the notable holes in the Knicks' roster that will persist after the Carmelo Anthony trade is a capable, defensive-minded center. The Knicks tried to fill that hole with efforts to draw Portland into the deal as the fourth team and bring Marcus Camby back to New York, two people with knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com.

It wasn't clear what pieces the Knicks would've sent to the Trail Blazers in such a scenario, but both sources said Tuesday afternoon that New York's efforts to get Camby appeared to have failed.

"Looks like a no-go," said one of the sources.

The Blazers are actively shopping Camby, Joel Przybilla and Andre Miller and are very likely to make at least one deal before Thursday's trade deadline. Given the uncertain futures of Brandon Roy and Greg Oden, Portland general manager Rich Cho is trying to flip the expiring contract of Przybilla and the essentially expiring deal of Miller (whose contract is fully non-guaranteed next season) for draft picks and younger players.

There was still a chance that the three-team trade sending Anthony and Chauncey Billups to the Knicks could evolve Tuesday. As of 5 p.m. ET, the teams still had not begun the conference call wiht league officials to approve the trade.
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27611652

Camby would put us over the top and launch us into Championship contention.

I love this

this right here shows

how literally close we are now to being an elite team in this league

and FYI suckas
I happen to like our role players now
because we actually have role players

before the trade

we had guys like gallo, chandler, felton who all seemed to have this aura about them as if they were expected to be leaders or stars, when realistically they werent.

I like the fact that now we have douglas, shawne will, walker and fields, who truly recognize they are role players, as well as turiaf, and brewer unless we flip brewer which is what i heard may happen.

either way the point is, we have more of a team than ever

part of our struggles this season, was poor decisions at the end of the game

i.e. chandler chucking threes, gallo driving like a mad man, felton flipping floaters, and not having a legitimate closer if Amare was in foul trouble or getting doubled.

all directions point to title, once we get a shot blocker, and a back up pg.

that is all we need

ONE SHOT BLOCKER

ONE BACK UP DISTRIBUTOR

end of story.

la2ny

Starter
I love this

this right here shows

how literally close we are now to being an elite team in this league

and FYI suckas
I happen to like our role players now
because we actually have role players

before the trade

we had guys like gallo, chandler, felton who all seemed to have this aura about them as if they were expected to be leaders or stars, when realistically they werent.

I like the fact that now we have douglas, shawne will, walker and fields, who truly recognize they are role players, as well as turiaf, and brewer unless we flip brewer which is what i heard may happen.

either way the point is, we have more of a team than ever

part of our struggles this season, was poor decisions at the end of the game

i.e. chandler chucking threes, gallo driving like a mad man, felton flipping floaters, and not having a legitimate closer if Amare was in foul trouble or getting doubled.

all directions point to title, once we get a shot blocker, and a back up pg.

that is all we need

ONE SHOT BLOCKER

ONE BACK UP DISTRIBUTOR

end of story.
I've been saying that for the longest. We don't really need Chris Paul. this what we have now with a defensive big and another backup pg can be really capable of making a run.

KingCharles34

All Star
Camby with Turiaf as a backup would be >> Ewing and Herb Williams

well ok, maybe not but it would work really well with this team

KBlack25

Starter
Camby with Turiaf as a backup would be >> Ewing and Herb Williams

well ok, maybe not but it would work really well with this team

The fit of Camby/Turiaf is great. We need centers who know their role and play defense in the middle, grab rebounds and stuff, don't need the ball in their hands on offense.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
So we're one player from being a top 3 team in the east and genuine contender and this Melo deal was a bad one?

Seriously, the more this plays out the more people are gonna look very stupid in the future. Happy, but stupid.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I've been saying that for the longest. We don't really need Chris Paul. this what we have now with a defensive big and another backup pg can be really capable of making a run.

We don't need CP3 now, But we'll need him later when Chauncy becomes old...

la2ny

Starter
We don't need CP3 now, But we'll need him later when Chauncy becomes old...
Oh believe me I know we need another point later on. Im speaking on right now which is why were going after Camby. Also there are other more than adequate point men out there thats young who could take over for Chauncey.