Are season tickets a good investment?

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Yes ...

I have had My tickets for 4 years and this is the 1st year I was able to recoup my money plus I have the Playoff rights so if I had to put a number I should be able to make double back with melo n Amare Here so My 5,500 investment should net me anywhere btw 8-12 Grand. So I make 3,000 for my pocket and get to see every game for Free Awesome....

If you can get them get them but, you wont get them sooooo sorry I already tried to get 2 more and the wait list is like 6,000 people. GOOD LUCK

They are only an investment when the team is winning, or when a team with stars are playing against the Knicks ( such as the Lakers, Celtics, The Heat, etc).

I had season tickets last year and I couldn't sell one game, I couldn't even give them away for free...in front of MSG.

Now we have Stat and Mello, but if they keep losing the price will not be worth it.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
They are only an investment when the team is winning, or when a team with stars are playing against the Knicks ( such as the Lakers, Celtics, The Heat, etc).

I had season tickets last year and I couldn't sell one game, I couldn't even give them away for free...in front of MSG.

Now we have Stat and Mello, but if they keep losing the price will not be worth it.

I don't know about that...I just sold two tickets for the Cavs game on the 3rd for $113 per seat.

Of course the tickets will be more valuable if the team is winning, but I think having STAT and Melo is kind of boosting sales right now.

I don't know about that...I just sold two tickets for the Cavs game on the 3rd for $113 per seat.

Of course the tickets will be more valuable if the team is winning, but I think having STAT and Melo is kind of boosting sales right now.

sweet, can't say you were lucky because there are many fans with deep pockets, but when the nose bleed seats cost about a buck and the team is struggling the way they are...no one really wants to pay to hear the boo birds.

If you own a biz (like a vender) the tickets can have even more value, as you can use them for preks to boost or land more accounts. So yeah, just imagine if they were playing to their potential. cha-ching...

any news on current or new subscribers for the 2011-2012 season? (assuming they even have a session) have they had issues relocating seats due to the new configuration?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
any news on current or new subscribers for the 2011-2012 season? (assuming they even have a session) have they had issues relocating seats due to the new configuration?

I tried to upgrade my seats, and there were no upgrades available. 95% of season ticket holders renewed, and upgrades go according to tenure, so since I only had seats for one season -- I was at the bottom of the list.

My seats were moved a bit because of the reconfiguration, but it's still pretty much the same eye-line to the court. There MIGHT be a few packages left in the 300 sections, but I dunno. My upgrade request was answered on July 21st, so who knows what happened in the last month.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Damnnn i envy some of you guys. i was going to pick up season tickets a yr ago when there was a surplus of tickets but I got talked into not spending 7gs...now whoever did is looking to see money back n some great games. Guess anyones only shot now is to pay for those VIP waiting list and hope but def DO IT!!! before we land another big name and the renovation finishes because then Dolan will really be raping you. It was sad enough that Knicks tickets were some of the most expensive tickets in all the NBA even throughout 10 losing seasons, if we get cp3 and phil jackson fuggedaboudid...

I had enrolled as a NY Liberty season subscriber in March to get on the knicks VIP waiting list and i'm happy to report that it WORKED!

Finally got a call from the Knicks today offering me a season ticket package! it's a pair of seats in either the 400s (row E) or 300s (row 5). i opted for the 300s.

now we'll have to see if there's even a 2011-12 season...

fellow season ticketholders -- did everyone receive their tickets for the year? mine finally posted today to my online account. will you be attending every game and do you hope to sell some of the good ones that you won't be able to attend?
:gony:

fellow season ticketholders -- did everyone receive their tickets for the year? mine finally posted today to my online account. will you be attending every game and do you hope to sell some of the good ones that you won't be able to attend?

nuckles2k2

Superstar

FedEx called and said they'd be arriving today. I'm probably going to sell a good number of the tickets, not sure which games yet.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Anybody with season tickets willing to sell some for a decent price/ section for a fellow KO member? I would be intersted in purchasing around 4 games! Let me know.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Anybody with season tickets willing to sell some for a decent price/ section for a fellow KO member? I would be intersted in purchasing around 4 games! Let me know.

I can sell a few of my tix. I have 2 seats in section 102 row, 20. The way the tix are this year is "game 1, game 2, etc." as opposed to the tix having specific teams and games on them (I assume the tix were printed before the schedule was released.)

But I'd be transferring them to you thru my season sub. account anyway so that's probably a non-issue. Let me know if you wanna buy a few.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
I too am VERY interested in purchasing tickets for some games.

Please do not hesitate to PM me with availability and prices.

:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The seats aren't solely mine, so I have to find out what games we're going to, etc. Then I'll send PMs to those interested about what games are for sale.

They only sent me tix for the first 10 games, but I haven't checked the subscription account online yet, they might have more available there. I'll let you guys know what's what when I have more info.

for my online sub account, they do have all the games posted up for the entire season.

i also received my physical tickets yesterday too, the first 10 games like you said. so "Game 1" is actually the preseason game vs NJN. "Game 2" is the Xmas Day game vs BOS. very confusing.

how's the secondary market looking for the season subscribers who are looking to unload games they won't attend? i know we are only one home game into the season so far. there is a "weak" stretching coming up (raptors, bobats x2, sixers). are resellers managing to get face value or more for your seats?