The Knicks now have one less option in 2012

knicksin60

Starter
Looks like the Nets are picking up from where they last left off when they had Jason Kidd.

It would really be funny if D Will decides not to sign an extension with them after they gave up so much to acquire him.

Looks like the Nets are picking up from where they last left off when they had Jason Kidd.

It would really be funny if D Will decides not to sign an extension with them after they gave up so much to acquire him.
I cant WAIT till we play NJ, Second rate mother ****ers. there still not makin the playoffs lol

knicksin60

Starter
I cant WAIT till we play NJ, Second rate mother ****ers. there still not makin the playoffs lol

I hate the Nets just as much as anyone else and hope they don't make the playoffs for the next 10 years.

Even with D Will, they won't win more than 30 games this season.

Dopey Nets fans are already talking about the Nets acquiring Dwight Howard.

I don't see how any superstar would want to spend the rest of their career playing for a team that will always be the Knicks' younger and less attractive brother.

I hate the Nets just as much as anyone else and hope they don't make the playoffs for the next 10 years.

Even with D Will, they won't win more than 30 games this season.

Dopey Nets fans are already talking about the Nets acquiring Dwight Howard.

I don't see how any superstar would want to spend the rest of their career playing for a team that will always be the Knicks' younger and less attractive brother.
Not only less attractive but there half brother who was raised in New Jersey, is mentally retarded, and just moved to the city.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I dont know why but I smell one more move for the Knicks.

Knicks get: Robin Lopez, Nash and Childress

Heat get: Billups and Grant Hill

Suns get: Chalmers, Turiaf, Mike Miller, Azu's contract, Bill Walker, and Picks

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
CP3 already told the whole world last year that him Melo and Amare will unite in NY to compete with the Heat, Celtics, Bulls.

So forget about Deron Williams, CP3 is definitely coming to NYK, especially now that New Orleans is owned by NBA .....

Besides, CP3 is better than D. Will.

I dont know why but I smell one more move for the Knicks.

Knicks get: Robin Lopez, Nash and Childress

Heat get: Billups and Grant Hill

Suns get: Chalmers, Turiaf, Mike Miller, Azu's contract, Bill Walker, and Picks
I like Billups more than Nash because Nash doesn't play defense and only got to the west conference finals once.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Everyone needs to get it out of their head that we can get CP3 (or any max for that matter) in 2012. It is financially impossible. And we traded away all our assets. Move on.

CP3 already told the whole world last year that him Melo and Amare will unite in NY to compete with the Heat, Celtics, Bulls.

So forget about Deron Williams, CP3 is definitely coming to NYK, especially now that New Orleans is owned by NBA .....

Besides, CP3 is better than D. Will.

Thank you for speaking the truth man!

Nothing to add.

btw: What did Williams smoke? I mean honestly, he leaves the Jazz for the Nets? And what about the talking last weak that he wants to join the Knicks?

I don't understand him.

I hope Chris Paul is smarter and joins us in the summer or at least the Lakers (from his point of view).

Williams is wasting his career. Favors will never be Tim Duncan.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Nothing to add.

btw: What did Williams smoke? I mean honestly, he leaves the Jazz for the Nets? And what about the talking last weak that he wants to join the Knicks?

I don't understand him.

I hope Chris Paul is smarter and joins us in the summer or at least the Lakers (from his point of view).

Jeez enough with this. D WIll is not the GM or Front Office for UTAH. He did not chose to be traded to the Nets. He is a PLAYER not management.

la2ny

Starter

Nothing to add.

I don't understand him.

You act like he had a choice. He was under contract. I for one went to sleep last night night expecting to see him being traded when I woke up. I honestly didn't even consider this as reality.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Regardless he is still an option in 2012 if he doesn't reup his contract with the nets. Unfortunately for him he cannot talk contract extensions until the current CBA expires. Which basically means he has to wait until the new CBA is hammered out. Which means hes losing money. Which means he prob wont stay anyway. lol

KingofNy

Starter
Everyone needs to get it out of their head that we can get CP3 (or any max for that matter) in 2012. It is financially impossible. And we traded away all our assets. Move on.

How do you know it's impossible? Can you see the future? We are still well off Salary Cap wise and no-one knows what the new cap is going to hold. Either way our Knicks are still doing good cap wise even after signing Melo and Amare. The Cap is not going to change that much...Heck, it might even go up as Mr. Stern loves all these Super Teams. Don't think that Williams won't be in a NY uniform... I'm still betting he will be. Just wait and see.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
When he facked w Sloan, he facked w the FO too. So they traded em to the Nets.

Paul was always the target guys. He's the best PG of this generation and he's got a MUCH better head on his shoulders than D-Will. No need for disappointment..

iSaYughh

Starter
How do you know it's impossible? Can you see the future? We are still well off Salary Cap wise and no-one knows what the new cap is going to hold. Either way our Knicks are still doing good cap wise even after signing Melo and Amare. The Cap is not going to change that much...Heck, it might even go up as Mr. Stern loves all these Super Teams. Don't think that Williams won't be in a NY uniform... I'm still betting he will be. Just wait and see.

Even if the cap didn't change, it would be tricky...and not without pitfalls,

MIA Big 3 effectiveness if in...good part...due to the MIA Big 3 taking salary cuts. Not to mention Haslem taking a huge discount off the bat, not to mention Miller.

All indications are the cap will be more punishing. Look, if we can we can, tremendous. But it seems to have not much plausibility at this pt, to where we shouldn't talk about aqcuiring CP3 like it's a legit option right now.

Plus, no assets to ever trade for him; so, there's that pitfall too.

Scoring big in this draft (for a PG addition), and adding a quality big body this offseason (Davis and Jordan are the guys I would truly target and spend any of our precious cap on). Plus finding a legit 6th man threat, whether it is Mayo, or someone we currently have (Walker? Douglas? Williams?)

This is the most viable route. And barring the vagaries of luck and player development, could make us a true contender. IMHO, we need to swing for the fence in Jordan.

MIA, and the other Dynasty teams of the NBA, are that good.