MDA I'm BEGGING you. PLAY YOUR BIGS...

Look Mike, its crunch time. This small lineup stuff you're so infatuated with isnt going to work in the playoffs. You got by last night playing Shaun on Bogut. When we play Mia, Bos, Orl, ATL and Chi it wont work. Garnett, Howard, Horford, Ilk and Noah will eat him up in the paint. If he's going to be here you've got to get Sheldon comfortable. He's going to be needed in the worst way come playoff time. Turiaf can not go more than 25 a night. Be smart MDA, be smart....

la2ny

Starter
He was trying to prevent more confusion out there last night. He said he wanted atleast one practice.

iJoe

Rotation player
Quoting myself

Very unathletic undersized PF but with a long wingspan.

From scouting,

His offense is extremely poor. He's just not up to the NBA athleticism to create his own shot and has a clunky touch from the inside. Very flat mid range jumper but not horrible.

On defense, again his lack of athleticism makes him very very foul prone. He can block a few shots, but lack of elevation hurts him. On the plus side, he's very aggressive and likes to body up and bang though that does get him even more fouls.

In summary... he's the perfect example of good college player who can't elevate his game to NBA levels. He's a shoo in who can be expected for a few minutes to foul and body up an opposing slow center/pf. Don't expect much.

The guy is just too slow and not athletic enough to keep up with even slightly mobile bigs as well as foul prone. He'll be good at hacking poor free throw shooters like Dwight though.

We need a new Center, but coming by one is gonna be really hard. A lot of good teams need a center right now so theres lots of competition even if someone gets brought out. Foster would be nice. Maybe sign Hawes as a cheap FA next year. Theres a lack of bigs all over right now.

Quoting myself

The guy is just too slow and not athletic enough to keep up with even slightly mobile bigs as well as foul prone. He'll be good at hacking poor free throw shooters like Dwight though.

We need a new Center, but coming by one is gonna be really hard. A lot of good teams need a center right now so theres lots of competition even if someone gets brought out. Foster would be nice. Maybe sign Hawes as a cheap FA next year. Theres a lack of bigs all over right now.

Joel przybilla?

Those guys arent on our team. There comes a point you have to use what you have to the best of your ability. Until we upgrade this guy looms large. Thats if we can upgrade. Shaun will not be able to handle the post against the teams I mentioned.

If the seedings remain as they are right now we got a serious shot at being in the ECF. We'll beat Chi. If we match up against Boston I think we can beat them also.

But unless we use what we have smartly we'll be an afterthought in the first round...

iJoe

Rotation player
Those guys arent on our team. There comes a point you have to use what you have to the best of your ability. Until we upgrade this guy looms large. Thats if we can upgrade. Shaun will not be able to handle the post against the teams I mentioned.

If the seedings remain as they are right now we got a serious shot at being in the ECF. We'll beat Chi. If we match up against Boston I think we can beat them also.

But unless we use what we have smartly we'll be an afterthought in the first round...

Like I said above, Sheldon won't be very useful against those elite teams.

Granted we can't keep using a SF at Center, but at least its a mismatch for them on the offensive end instead of us being at a disadvantage at both offense and defense with Sheldon. We need a smart big now in a bad way, but so does half the other teams in the NBA.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This is the reason why giving up Mozgov was huge. We need a center soon. Earl Barron isn't going to be the answer, but he will be a band-aid. We don't have any bigs anymore. I think our tallest guys are Ronny and Amar'e, who are PF/C mixes.

Cest la vie.

Wish we could have gotten Kendrik Perkins or Pryzbilla... or any number of the centers that went to other teams...

Hell, I would even go for that big stiff Thabeet, at this point.

STAT1

Starter
I would rather he play Shelden Williams at the 5 off the bench than Shawne Williams. Shawne belongs floating at the 3 pt line not banging in the paint. Shelden is slow & not offensively talented but at least he can bang a bit & grab some boards, which is what we need at the position. Giving him a limited run of 10 minutes or so a night would be better than playing an 8 man rotation the rest of the year & wearing our players out. Particularly Turiaf isn't the most durable of players MDA can't be afraid to use his bench.

I would rather he play Shelden Williams at the 5 off the bench than Shawne Williams. Shawne belongs floating at the 3 pt line not banging in the paint. Shelden is slow & not offensively talented but at least he can bang a bit & grab some boards, which is what we need at the position. Giving him a limited run of 10 minutes or so a night would be better than playing an 8 man rotation the rest of the year & wearing our players out. Particularly Turiaf isn't the most durable of players MDA can't be afraid to use his bench.

Exactly. I'm not saying give him 40 min a night. 5-6 minutes here and there will help us more than having Shaun getting abused in the paint...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Exactly. I'm not saying give him 40 min a night. 5-6 minutes here and there will help us more than having Shaun getting abused in the paint...

Shaun Williams actually played great defense in the ONLY game since the trade. BTW, we won that game without a practice. How about you allow some games and practices to occur before crying about who and what D'ants rotation looks like post trade?

p0nder

Starter
Banging with bogut is not exactly easy.

The Knicks outscored the Bucks 54-34 in the paint.

so this model works, but i suspect turiaf will be getting 25+ from here on out and then a rotation of people at the 5, including amar'e

Shaun Williams actually played great defense in the ONLY game since the trade. BTW, we won that game without a practice. How about you allow some games and practices to occur before crying about who and what D'ants rotation looks like post trade?

RE-READ the OP. I gave him props for getting by Mil. But Sheldon is going to loom important in future games and the playoffs. The reason I'm not giving him time is because the time is NOW. Get this guy acclimated. We're going to need him. I'm not crying at all, let alone one game. I just know MDA's history. He has to be more versatile...

Banging with bogut is not exactly easy.

The Knicks outscored the Bucks 54-34 in the paint.

so this model works, but i suspect turiaf will be getting 25+ from here on out and then a rotation of people at the 5, including amar'e

It worked this game. I doubt when we play those teams I mentioned above that it will work as well, if at all...

NYKnicks15

Starter
were referring to our massive centers Shelden Williams or Corey brewer, right?

D'antoni will play our bigs.. when we get one. Jeffries, Powe or Pryzbilla maybe? Not saying he'll go 11 deep (I wish he would) but I could see a rotation of Chauncey, Douglas, Walker, Williams, Fields, Anthony, brewer, Stoudemire, Turiaf and new big. Id like to add balkman in there though.

I guess this cat will never learn. Out rebounded by 20? Melo on Jamison at the end of the game? But hey keep running Shawne out there hoping he can bang with these cats. Know what I'm saying?????????????:barf:

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
I guess this cat will never learn. Out rebounded by 20? Melo on Jamison at the end of the game? But hey keep running Shawne out there hoping he can bang with these cats. Know what I'm saying?????????????:barf:

yea williams at center is really stretching it, i mean the guy can barely score so the trade off on the defensive end is much greater than the added offense