Amare Stoudemire
Ronny Turiaf

Ramon Sessions
Daniel Gibson
Christian Eyenga
Antawn Jamison
JJ Hickson

Game Preview:
The last time the New York Knicks were in Cleveland, they fell apart down the stretch in a loss that turned out to be the Cavaliers' lone victory in an 11-week stretch.
New York will be bringing a few more late-game options to Quicken Loans Arena this time.
Carmelo Anthony makes his Knicks road debut Friday night trying to help his new team avoid a 10th straight loss Cavaliers, who made a few intriguing moves shortly before Thursday's trade deadline.
New York led Cleveland 86-82 with 6:50 remaining on Dec. 18, but missed nine of its last 11 shots in regulation before losing 109-102 in overtime.
It was the Cavs' ninth straight win in the series -- LeBron James, of course, had much to do with the first eight -- but it was their only victory in a 37-game stretch from Nov. 30-Feb. 9.
After the past week, both rosters look considerably different than they did in December. The Knicks (29-26) made the most anticipated splash leading up to the trade deadline Tuesday by landing Anthony and Chauncey Billups, neither of whom disappointed in their debuts Wednesday against Milwaukee.
Anthony had 11 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter, while Billups had 21 -- including four free throws in the final 21 seconds -- to help New York hold on to win 114-108 even after Amare Stoudemire fouled out late in the fourth quarter.
"Now you've got two guys that can take over a game, and one of them took it over (Wednesday)," team president Donnie Walsh said. "In the past, if Amare had fouled out, we could've won the game, but not in that fashion."
The Knicks have won three straight for the first time since Jan. 2-7.
"I know we got to jell. We got to get our chemistry down," Anthony said. "At the same time, we've got to roll. We got things to go out there and accomplish. We got goals to reach, and it starts now."
The Cavaliers (10-47) are in full rebuilding mode with James gone and Anderson Varejao out for the season, and they took another step in that direction Thursday. Cleveland shipped Mo Williams and Jamario Moon to the Los Angeles Clippers for Baron Davis and an unprotected 2011 first-round pick.
Davis makes nearly $12 million more than Williams on the remaining two years of his deal, but the Cavs felt adding another likely top-10 pick was worth that price.
"We feel good about it," general manager Chris Grant told the team's official website. "It gives us another opportunity and a 'chip in the game,' so to speak, that, because of our ownership group willing to step up at a pretty high level financially, allowed us to do something like this."
Davis, who had 16 points and 16 assists in helping the Clippers win at Madison Square Garden earlier this month, likely won't arrive in time for Friday's game. He'll be coming off the bench if he does, with Ramon Sessions -- averaging 19.7 points and 9.2 assists this month -- starting.
Later Thursday, Cleveland sent a 2013 second-round pick to Boston for rookies Semih Erden and Luke Harangody.
None of the Cavs' new acquisitions figure to offer much help defensively, but as they showed in their first game following the All-Star break, they certainly need it. Cleveland shot 51.6 percent and hit 13 3-pointers Wednesday against Houston, but was outrebounded 57-37 in a 124-119 loss.
The Cavaliers edged New York 56-47 on the boards Dec. 18, though Varejao had 17 of those.
Anthony has averaged 36.5 points in his last two visits to Cleveland.

Comic Book Knick Of The Night:
carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-1c61f5051407c34c.jpg

Carmelo Anthony-27pts,10reb,1ast,2stl

nba-2k11-logo.jpg

Player 2 Watch
nba2k112011-02-2502-03-35-98.jpg

PF/C-Amar'e Stoudemire

Pre-Game Read:
How JJ Hickson Ruined The NBA:

Ok. I know all of you are wondering what I mean when I say JJ Hickson ruined the NBA, well let me explain. JJ Hickson WAS a rising young talent in this league last year. He was showing signs of being a quality player within a couple of years, there was only one problem though. He was playing with LeBron James. The Cavs overall looked alot better with LeBron. They dominated the league for the last year and a half heading into the 2010 NBA trading deadline, but one thing lingered over the team last season, what would LeBron do this summer? As most thought, if the team won a championship he'd seriously reconsider not signing an extension with the Cavs. The deadline came and the Cavaliers had the chance to land one of the best players in the league(in his prime), Amar'e Stoudemire. Amar'e and LeBron could of been the deadliest Pick & Roll combo ever. Cleveland could have made the deal, but did not want to part with JJ Hickson. Instead Cleveland traded for Antawn Jamison and finished the rest of the season and lost in the conference semis to Boston. Over the summer LeBron left Cleveland for Miami destroying the team and leaving the city in shambles joining other stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to become one of the most talented trios in NBA history. Amar'e Stoudemire ended up leaving Phoenix anyway and headed to the New York Knicks. A few days later NBA star Carmelo Anthony married his longtime fiance LaLa Vasquez in NYC with a bunch of celebs and fellow NBA players. During the wedding, star Chris Paul gave a toast to the bride and groom jokingly saying he, Carmelo, and Amar'e should join up in New York to form a star studded trio of their own resembling the Miami 3. Inception had occured and Carmelo asked his teams management to trade him to the New York Knicks. After 7 months of amatuer hour in Denvers' Front Office a deal was finally struck and Carmelo became a Knick. Tonight this will come full circle to, yes you guessed it, JJ HICKSON. Now lets recap:

Feb. 2010:
Cavs refuse to trade JJ Hickson to the Phoenix Suns for Amar'e Stoudemire
LeBron quits on team in 2nd round of playoffs and they lose to Boston
Amar'e leads Suns to Western Conference Finals
LeBron tells 6 teams to woo him
Amare signs with New York
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh sign with Miami
LeBron says he's "taking my talents to South Beach" on "The Decision"
Carmelo gets married with Amar'e, Chris Paul, Dwyane, LeBron, and Chris Bosh in attendance
Chris Paul suggest taking his and Carmelos' talents to Broadway
Cavs start season shaky, then get demolished by Heat in LeBrons' return to Cle.
Cavs defeat Knicks after loosing 13 strait
Cavs go on the longest loosing streak ever in the NBA and tied for worst in North American Pro Sports
End streak against Baron Davis and the Clippers

Feb. 2011:
Carmelo is traded to New York
Baron Davis traded to Cleveland
New York plays Cleveland tonight February 25,2011
New York plays Miami Sunday February 27,2011

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
great thread man! looking for a win here folks! the team should play different than it did on Wednesday

5 star thread bruh. This shall be a good tune up game.. sharpen our chemistry before we go in to Miami on Sunday to rape the heat

elcol

Rotation player
great thread....youtube video not working though!

side note: whats brewer like, never really seen him..?

Athletic wing player. Will do the dirty work like play defense, get tip ins etc. Can also hit a 3 from time to time.. shooting is not his strong suit tho.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Athletic wing player. Will do the dirty work like play defense, get tip ins etc. Can also hit a 3 from time to time.. shooting is not his strong suit tho.

He reminds me of a less offensively gifted Latrell Sprewell. Runs the floor and finishes with thunder. He is young so he should be able to develop his offensive game. I think this guy can be productive if cultivated properly.

P.S> Look where the dude jumps from in the 1st vid. Sick!

la2ny

Starter
Thanx everyone Im really looking foward to getting some payback on the Cavs tonight.

Also I've added a pregame read and replaced the youtube video.:gony:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The first dunk is one of the better in-game dunks I've seen.

Brewer is athletic, he's strong, he can finish at the rim and play D. His only weak suit seems to be his shooting but other than that he seems like a high-energy type player who could do well for us

Sage

Rotation player
Just played this on NBA 2k11, Knicks win by 27!

Melo with 21, STAT 16, many (many) open 3 pointers by the rest of the team. :)

KingofNy

Starter
D'Antoni's defense sucks. It's not even the players, it's the style of their D. Opposing teams can have an open 3 every play if they want it. It's not all D'Antoni though, I just watched 4 Knicks sitting under the basket to get a rebound and NOT one of them boxed out and they gave up the offensive rebound to the lone Cav that didn't even have to try to get it.. That disgusts me...Seriously.