All BUYOUT/WAIVED Thread

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Way too many threads opened up about different players being bought out. Heres your one stop shop. Honestly Leon Powe never deserves a thread unless hes literally signed by us.

Let me start with my two cents on JJ. At first I was like no way do I wanna see Jeffries in a Knicks uniform. Then I thought why? Because of Isiah and his contract. Can you fault the guy for taking security and money for his family. When we signed him I remember reading the headline Isiah gets his defensive stopper. Thats exactly what JJ did for us. I think with him and brewer on board, we are looking at a great C Squad (The All Defense Squad). All we have to do is snag TJ Ford and a buyout center 6'11 or above. The big body plugging the middle will cause defenses to think twice regardless of how good they are (think Timofey).

All signs have Troy Murphy going to Boston, so lets forget him. Havent heard anything about Dalembert or Camby being bought out. This just leads Pryzbilla. I have heard the hes requested a buyout. So I am going to plug him in now and show you different squads in different situations (if you read Bill Simmons book he does this a lot)

The A Squad The B Squad (Not all 5 will be in at once)
C-Pryz C-Turiaf
PF-STAT PF-Williams
SF-Melo SF- Walker
SG-Fields SG- Douglas
PG-Billups PG- Ford

The C Squad (The defensive stoppers)
C- Pryz
PF- Turiaf
SF- Jeffries
SG-Brewer
PG-Douglas

The Game on the line Squad
C-STAT
PF-Williams
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Billups

I know Williams didnt take the shot against the 76ers but still we need a big time three point threat. Maybe Kapono! Well see Anyways these are nice squads which will only get better next year. The Defensive Squad is especially nice. With the proper waiver pickups we can make a run to the Eastern Conference Finals.

EDIT:
The buyouts will be Anthony Carter, Shelden, and Roger Mason.

Inactives: Rautins, Balkman and Azu (until fully healthy)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Way too many threads opened up about different players being bought out. Heres your one stop shop. Honestly Leon Powe never deserves a thread unless hes literally signed by us.

Let me start with my two cents on JJ. At first I was like no way do I wanna see Jeffries in a Knicks uniform. Then I thought why? Because of Isiah and his contract. Can you fault the guy for taking security and money for his family. When we signed him I remember reading the headline Isiah gets his defensive stopper. Thats exactly what JJ did for us. I think with him and brewer on board, we are looking at a great C Squad (The All Defense Squad). All we have to do is snag TJ Ford and a buyout center 6'11 or above. The big body plugging the middle will cause defenses to think twice regardless of how good they are (think Timofey).

All signs have Troy Murphy going to Boston, so lets forget him. Havent heard anything about Dalembert or Camby being bought out. This just leads Pryzbilla. I have heard the hes requested a buyout. So I am going to plug him in now and show you different squads in different situations (if you read Bill Simmons book he does this a lot)

The A Squad The B Squad (Not all 5 will be in at once)
C-Pryz C-Turiaf
PF-STAT PF-Williams
SF-Melo SF- Walker
SG-Fields SG- Douglas
PG-Billups PG- Ford

The C Squad (The defensive stoppers)
C- Pryz
PF- Turiaf
SF- Jeffries
SG-Brewer
PG-Douglas

The Game on the line Squad
C-STAT
PF-Williams
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Billups

I know Williams didnt take the shot against the 76ers but still we need a big time three point threat. Maybe Kapono! Well see Anyways these are nice squads which will only get better next year. The Defensive Squad is especially nice. With the proper waiver pickups we can make a run to the Eastern Conference Finals.

EDIT:
The buyouts will be Anthony Carter, Shelden, and Roger Mason.

Inactives: Rautins, Balkman and Azu (until fully healthy)

As a hard core basketball fan, I can appreciate the creation of various lineups based on need. The problem with that (for now) is that Dantoni doesn't see things that way. I love that C squad with maybe fitting Amare in there just for security, but Dantoni would NEVER do it. He doesn't see defense all the way through. He like who he likes to a fault sometimes.

Anyway, good post LJ.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
looks like JJ is coming back so thats good, he gives us defense and rebounding to some extent but he's another Turiaf. we need a flat out C i hope we get Prizbilla

la2ny

Starter
Well Pryz said he'd ask to be boughtout or retire so IDK bout that.

But heres my list(if most of them get bought out) in no particular order:

Joel Pryzbilla(praying he gets a buyout)
Samuel Dalembert(praying he gets a buyout)
Chris Johnson
TJ Ford
Jared Jeffries(will be boughtout)
Mike Bibby(will be boughtout)
Troy Murphy(will be boughtout)
Ear Barron
Rip Hamilton(praying he gets a buyout)

Last edited:

TheNYdude

Rookie
Mozgov 2.0...?

Donnie talked about looking over in Europe for a big man. Anyone here have any good scouting info on another Mozgov type?

There has to be a 7 foot raw talent out there who can fill in on the defensive side, at least give 15-20 mins and absorb a few fouls..

Anyone have prospect info?

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Whens the deadline for buyout/new roster adds to be eligibile for the playoffs? I remember hearing Tuesday but I cant find anything about it anywhere.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Whens the deadline for buyout/new roster adds to be eligibile for the playoffs? I remember hearing Tuesday but I cant find anything about it anywhere.

Yeah I heard it is Tuesday (tommorrow) as well for them to be available for the playoff roster.

Any news yet on who the Knicks may bring in besides JJ??? Any news on potential buyouts???

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Yeah I heard it is Tuesday (tommorrow) as well for them to be available for the playoff roster.

Any news yet on who the Knicks may bring in besides JJ??? Any news on potential buyouts???

I read a report that the Knicks do want Troy Murphy, but Murphy has made Boston and Miami his priorities in that order. And I think Earl Barron is just waiting by the phone. I think everyone should rewatch highlights from his 10 day tryout. He was fun to watch and would be a great addition to this team. Bye Bye Shelden and Roger.

Toons

is the Bo$$
As a hard core basketball fan, I can appreciate the creation of various lineups based on need. The problem with that (for now) is that Dantoni doesn't see things that way. I love that C squad with maybe fitting Amare in there just for security, but Dantoni would NEVER do it. He doesn't see defense all the way through. He like who he likes to a fault sometimes.
Anyway, good post LJ.

walsh brings in the players, not dantoni. by your logic, dantoni is a genius for getting rid of curry, lee, zach randolph, crawford etc. because they played no defense. Dantoni also should get credit for balkman, billups, because when they arrived, our defense increased.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Just red this on Twitter:
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Guard Mike Bibby agreed to give up entire $6.2 million salary for the '11-'12 season to get buyout with Wiz to play for winner, source says.

Would be an EXCELLENT pickup for the Knicks to split time with Billups!

nyk1986

Benchwarmer

Bibby was bought out, not sure if we need him now though with the way Big Shot and AC played last night as well as us still having TD.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I read a report that the Knicks do want Troy Murphy, but Murphy has made Boston and Miami his priorities in that order. And I think Earl Barron is just waiting by the phone. I think everyone should rewatch highlights from his 10 day tryout. He was fun to watch and would be a great addition to this team. Bye Bye Shelden and Roger.

Yeah I cant see Boston not getting Murphy, they opened up roster spots for a reason. If we can get Barron and possibly another big man or a backup PG cant complain.

We definatley need help inside for this year no question.

Yeah I cant see Boston not getting Murphy, they opened up roster spots for a reason. If we can get Barron and possibly another big man or a backup PG cant complain.

We definatley need help inside for this year no question.

We can always bring Eddie Curry back when he's released.
:thumbsup:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
this guy is a worse defender than nash.. no way

Billups can't play huge minutes like Felton did and we need an outside presence that is a long range threat... Bibby can be that threat. In order for lanes to open for STAT and Melo you have to have a outside threat.