do you miss felton?

iJoe

Rotation player
Yeah don't forget Felton is still young. As great as Billups is, he's not for the long term future.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm not going to trash Felton, but Billups is a better player.

I appreciated the energy that Felton brought to our team, but I got annoyed at hell at his chucking.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Agreed with everything you just said. :thumbsup:

+1 I like billups, But Felton helped us alot when we were on the winning streak I'm not going to forget what he did for us.I'm very grateful for all our old Guys..So lets keep it classy.:thumbsup:

Same. People forget Felton was having an excellent season 'till those minutes caught up with him. Felton helped us become a +.500 team.

Felton played with energy and hustle, but he's nowhere near as talented and good as Billups.

He was an average playmaker. I respected him for his effort, but I never got excited about him. I'd like to have a world class playmaker for our team and Billups is one. The difference is significant Billups delivered already more good passes in 3 games than Felton did in 52. Chauncey knows how NBA baketball works and he has the IQ and skills to pull the right trigger at the right time.

Thank you for your effort Ray but you just weren't good enough for our ambitions!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ばかやろ。

Felton was instrumental in some huge wins for us this year. I definitely miss his grit. I don't think the premise of the thread is fair, but how easily some forget the games he had against the likes of Golden State, Charlotte, New Jersey, Chicago, the triple double in Phoenix and so on.

We owe our +.500 tally to some of his efforts.

vpell

Benchwarmer
to the people who didn't get this thread.

it's not an attack on Felton. he was awesome. it's attack on the stupids who viciously hated on this trade for Carmelo and Billups.

petescud

Starter
Felton would had been the perfect back up to Billups...maybe even able to take over when he retired, after Billups mentored him. Remember, Felton is a very young guy

Anyone with any knowledge this system shoulda knew it was perfect for Chauncey. I mean, he shoots well, but always looks to pass first. He is gonna put up huge numbers in this system. Obce they get the pnr goin... Look out. Felton did his thing too, but Chauncey is a definate upgrade

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

it's not an attack on Felton. he was awesome. it's attack on the stupids who viciously hated on this trade for Carmelo and Billups.

+1 I get where your coming from, and I feel the same way. The trade was great in we got our 2nd Super Star in Melo, then to throw in a clutch veteran to run the point for the next year or two in Billups just put it over the top.

Remember, Felton was going to be here for this year and next, Billups will be taking over that role until we get our PG of the future whether it be CP3 or someone we draft.

iSaYughh

Starter

Sure. But then let's bump this when we don't have any cap to sign the necessary big or playmaker; if only because Billups $ > Felton's.

Nobody has said the trade wouldn't improve our team right. Obviously it does. I've been a huge defender of the Melo the player. And I wanted him.

Some simply gripe with our negotiations and acumen of it, and all the ramifications; others, that even that aside, it's too risky or financially binding or whatever.

I'm with the former. So let's enjoy the ride and be happy we are better.

But if James Thomas' tentacles start to grow again, Walsh doesn't come back, we get kneecapped in signing a necessary big, or a future pg,

And it all goes back to the negotiation process of this trade.....

ech1997

Rookie
Stop thinking small

Same. People forget Felton was having an excellent season 'till those minutes caught up with him. Felton helped us become a +.500 team.

Yes, Felton helped the Knicks become a .500+ team. you know who else is .500+? The Sixers!

Stop worrying about these role players. Basketball, above every other team sports, requires stars (plural) to win championships and the Knicks have three of them now. Felton is replaceable and will be replaced in the offseason. :2cents: