Apparently we released Corey Brewer

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
i was jumping up and down last year when i found out i was done looking at jeffries, in no way is bringing back that dude gonna make me happy, we already have a offensive handicap when we put turiaf in the mix why would we add another big man who looks like he rode the little bus to the offensive end of the court... and just looking at his dumbass face makes me think he belongs on that bus..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
With the Billups-Amar'e-Carmelo trio we can kinda get away with not having great offensive players. Every team needs those defensive-oriented roleplayers.

My question is I have no idea why we had to release Corey Brewer of all people to do so. Every team needs a bench too, and Corey Brewer would've been a solid 8 pts in 20 mins type of guy off the bench with good defense and we waived him?

Why didn't we waive Roger Mason Jr. instead?

KingofNy

Starter
With the Billups-Amar'e-Carmelo trio we can kinda get away with not having great offensive players. Every team needs those defensive-oriented roleplayers.

My question is I have no idea why we had to release Corey Brewer of all people to do so. Every team needs a bench too, and Corey Brewer would've been a solid 8 pts in 20 mins type of guy off the bench with good defense and we waived him?

Why didn't we waive Roger Mason Jr. instead?

Not to mention he would of added 2 steals a game.... Just to put those 8 points he would score into perspective: Our bench scored 13 points tonight....Total. HUGE MISTAKE by some Knicks fans almighty "can do no wrong" Donnie Walsh. :barf:

CoolClyde

"The Celtics, Spurs, Mavericks and Thunder are all interested in Corey Brewer."

OBVIOUSLY, the Knicks made the right move, these interested squads are all sh*tty teams with no clue how to win or use an expanded rotation. ;)

Corey Brewer wanted to play; Antoni, in his infinite wisdom, told his agent Happy F*cking Walters, there were no guarantees, so they "agreed" to buy him out, so a contender could scoop him up and play him. WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I liked Brewer when I've seen him play in the past, too bad he never got a chance. lametoni.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Just when you think we are making giant strides forward in our decision making this happens.

D`Antoni and his stupid short rotation won`t be missed. I just hope that he gets the bullet at the end of the season.

Cutting Brewer when you have Rautins, Mason Jr on the roster is crazy.

STAT1

Starter
Corey Brewer is playing well for the Mavs tonight. Getting steals & nasty dunks in the lane. I still can't figure out how this guy never got a shot w/this team, he's clearly a good defensive player.

iSaYughh

Starter
Why is the bulk of this thread acting like it's 15months from now and Brewer is about to win 6th Man of The Year, and the players we would have otherwise released have done nothing.

Dubious move. That's it. They happen; hopefully it doesn't bite us in the ass real hard. (it may, but it hasn't)

KingofNy

Starter
Just when you think we are making giant strides forward in our decision making this happens.

D`Antoni and his stupid short rotation won`t be missed. I just hope that he gets the bullet at the end of the season.

Cutting Brewer when you have Rautins, Mason Jr on the roster is crazy.

:agreed: Spot on. Rep +1.

moneyg

Starter
:agreed: Spot on. Rep +1.

rautins we will keep....2nd round...cheap...guard...has some potential

mason jr.. i hear is a good locker room guy...and when called upon...he is there

balkman...on the cap for two years after this year.. so if we cut him.. still on the cap...so we may be able to trade him to free uo 1.7 mil next year

derrick brown is the signing i have a problem with over brewer....

walsh let brewer go as a classy move bucuz he wasnt guaranteed playin time..

my question is why.. how can he be guaranteed playin time on a champion calibur team like dallas.. but not on our team...somethings wrong with that picture

STAT1

Starter
rautins we will keep....2nd round...cheap...guard...has some potential

mason jr.. i hear is a good locker room guy...and when called upon...he is there

balkman...on the cap for two years after this year.. so if we cut him.. still on the cap...so we may be able to trade him to free uo 1.7 mil next year

derrick brown is the signing i have a problem with over brewer....

walsh let brewer go as a classy move bucuz he wasnt guaranteed playin time..

my question is why.. how can he be guaranteed playin time on a champion calibur team like dallas.. but not on our team...somethings wrong with that picture

I think what this really boils down to is MDA has a huge affection for Jared Jeffries apparently he thinks he helps us win games so he couldn't guarantee Brewer the minutes that he had slotted aside for his favorite role player. That led to Brewer's buyout & signing Derrick Brown just to take up an empty roster spot. I agree it's mindboggling how Brewer didn't even get a cursory glance of a chance before being bought out but that's just par for the course for a lot of the moves that are made with this head coach at times.

moneyg

Starter
I think what this really boils down to is MDA has a huge affection for Jared Jeffries apparently he thinks he helps us win games so he couldn't guarantee Brewer the minutes that he had slotted aside for his favorite role player. That led to Brewer's buyout & signing Derrick Brown just to take up an empty roster spot. I agree it's mindboggling how Brewer didn't even get a cursory glance of a chance before being bought out but that's just par for the course for a lot of the moves that are made with this head coach at times.

he was the only defensive guy out there that allows him to play a small lineup..

he puts him in to make the defense look a lil better because JJ will play good one on one D....and since our coach doesnt have much of a defensive scheme... ther u go

fools gold