Hornets @ Knicks 3/2 7:30

Which player would you rather have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sage

Rotation player
Only got to see the 4th quarter but they were raving about the team assist mark and rebounding.

Didn't get to see how JJ improved the team but I saw him get a few boards, some on the offensive end too.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
JJ is improving our defensive effort and thats what we need on Defense players see someone drawing a handful of charges and playing hard on the glass and they follow suit thats why im loving the signing of JJ. best part though was seeing the chemistry starting to fall into place, Melo and STAT seem to be figuring it out and are getting closer to making it work. my favorite part was seeing Mason get some burn and knock down shots, i hope he gets consistent minutes and gets to show how he could help off the bench, impressive win

but can we please beat the ****in cavs?

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Great win tonight all the way around. I can only hope now that the Knicks don't take the Cavs lightly.

I truly hope they make this game personal after the last debacle and have a go for the throat mentality.

Judging by the way they played tonight, I'm willing to bet we are not only going to beat the Cavs, but are going to want to make this a statement game and beat them decisively.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
ur on drugs not only does he lead the league in steals hes top 5 in assist. He carries his team, they wouldnt b in no playoff hunt without him. i can tell you dont watch him.

Look, I remember watching Chris Paul during his 2007-2008 campaign when he was arguably the 3rd best player in the league behind Kobe and Lebron (truly one of the greatest season I've ever seen a point guard have), and the guy I saw tonight doesn't even resemble the one I saw 3 years ago.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
To the real Knicks basketball fans I apologize but if I say a certain player sucks that's my opinion. Never jump out the window or try to throw cheap jabs at me because I'm not with all that...Queen Strawberry & Sidekicksince92 yall need to get a life before yall attempt to internet thug and bully around anyone. It's the NY Knicks forum for basketball lovers...Not for buffons and clowns like yall to start foolishness........

I like what I've seen from the Knicks on the defensive side of the ball during 2 of our 5 games since the Melo trade.

We allowed way too many points against the Bucks, it was only our 1st game as a team though. The Cavs was just an off night (playing down to the level of our opponent), We played excellent defense during the 2nd & 3rd quarters against Orlando but just broke down during the 4th quarter.

It's all a learning experience heading into the playoffs, but holding both the Heat & Hornets to under 90 points is something to build off of. Great to see Amare talking about defense being the main focus after tonights Hornets game.

There are 4 or 5 teams thats been able to hold teams under 90 points 4 different times. The Knicks are one of those teams, but we've actually done it 2 out of our 1st 5 games since the trade. I'm impressed & before the playoffs start, I hope to say defense is back in New York, because our offense can not be stopped on a constant basis.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
I like what I've seen from the Knicks on the defensive side of the ball during 2 of our 5 games since the Melo trade.

We allowed way too many points against the Bucks, it was only our 1st game as a team though. The Cavs was just an off night (playing down to the level of our opponent), We played excellent defense during the 2nd & 3rd quarters against Orlando but just broke down during the 4th quarter.

It's all a learning experience heading into the playoffs, but holding both the Heat & Hornets to under 90 points is something to build off of. Great to see Amare talking about defense being the main focus after tonights Hornets game.

There are 4 or 5 teams thats been able to hold teams under 90 points 4 different times. The Knicks are one of those teams, but we've actually done it 2 out of our 1st 5 games since the trade. I'm impressed & before the playoffs start, I hope to say defense is back in New York, because our offense can not be stopped on a constant basis.

I agree we are a work still in progress, we definitely need a solid big man to clog the middle...Marc Gasol is free this summer and I would love to have him in NY...He plays hard and is not afraid to go up against any center in the league he can bring that intimidation we lack so much down the lane on opposing teams along with a solid perimeter defense that has been shown lately a center like that makes NY a deadly team

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Notes on Jefferies:

He can clog the lane well!

We miscommunicated and made the wrong defensive switches too often, hence Jack getting so many good looks. But Jefferies ability to relocate to the post/key/high post quickly was what stopped West and Landry from posting and Paul from penetrating. He changed the game in that regard.

If not for Jack, the Hornets would have been lucky to drop 80.

He's an excellent help defender and incredibly active.

Offensively, he's a ****ing muppet :lol: But we already knew that and it's not like we don't have 2 offensive powerhouses.

Like him or not, The Giraffe is a keeper.

1223477281_b0010f4b17.jpg

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;163862 said:
Notes on Jefferies:

He can clog the lane well!

We miscommunicated and made the wrong defensive switches too often, hence Jack getting so many good looks. But Jefferies ability to relocate to the post/key/high post quickly was what stopped West and Landry from posting and Paul from penetrating. He changed the game in that regard.

If not for Jack, the Hornets would have been lucky to drop 80.

He's an excellent help defender and incredibly active.

Offensively, he's a ****ing muppet :lol: But we already knew that and it's not like we don't have 2 offensive powerhouses.

Like him or not, The Giraffe is a keeper.

1223477281_b0010f4b17.jpg

Until we find a true center..then the giraffe goes back to the zoo

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Great effort from our Knicks.

I'm a fan of the Hornets too since their Charlotte days (Muggsy is also my favorite player of all-time). I follow them and, I have no idea what's going on with Paul lately. If I didn't see him before and heard he's great I'd think he's average. Sad. Whether he continues to play like this or not when he's a free agent, the Knicks should not go after him. Not just because I'd like him to stay on the Hornets, but we REALLY should go after a center the most. A back-up PG would make it even better for us. Stoudemire's knees aren't keeping him from being explosive, but he still should get rest. Chris Paul's knee might be in a worse situation. We don't want two superstars with big knee problems in the past. Shouldn't try to give him that kind of money unless he heals that much or changes up his game.

I like the chants from the Garden lately. The Roger Mason one is funny haha.

I loved the rebounding tonight. Effort isn't always gonna get you the rebound, but it drastically improves your chances.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
@SELDOM-SEEN; I agree on all counts about Gasol, he would help us in more ways than one & NY would compete for a championship next year with Gasol (I still think we can compete this year), but it won't be easy getting Marc Gasol though, because he's a restricted FA. I hope we can land Gasol though, & focus on our depth coming off the bench. Billups, Fields, Carmelo, Stoudemire & Gasol would make for a great starting 5. Imrpve the bench, become two deep @ every position & the Knicks would be on the berge of winning the East & taking home court during the playoffs.

I'm praying that Donnie "The Hustler" Walsh can make a way to land that dude he is our perfect fit at center

KingofNy

Starter
KINGOFNY...No disrespect to anyone but that's all I've been saying from jump... I don't like JJ that is my opinion then I get jumped and insulted on a forum..Knock it off ...I'm gonna fire back at whoever jumps in going at me...its the internet grow up fools...The giraffe is JJ did anyone call those posters making fun of him..... what makes me special? is it that I'm new here... I maybe new to this forum but backing down internet punks and putting them on display is an old hobby...and i never get tired of it

I hear ya man... I think you took it wrong tho... I was basically saying everyone should just drop it and that everyone should be able to voice their own opinion. I personally don't like JJ or Antoni. I was just saying that it doesn't get you guys anywhere by arguing back and forth. It's practically useless....But like I said quite comical.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Amazing win by the Knicks. I really loved the defensive effort out there. We really need our bench to step up every game much like in this one. Jeffries actually impressed me with the hustle, as long as no one passes him the ball I'm happy. Looks like Shawne and Fields are getting out of their mini slumps as well.

if we lose to the cavs again and gonna take back the knicks gear i just purchased

how the fukk u a boss? U aint even got 20 posts yet :lol:

neg rep

Did it really take you that long to neg him?

Nevertheless funny thread, lol @ this troll. let's keep him around.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
I hear ya man... I think you took it wrong tho... I was basically saying everyone should just drop it and that everyone should be able to voice their own opinion. I personally don't like JJ or Antoni. I was just saying that it doesn't get you guys anywhere by arguing back and forth. It's practically useless....But like I said quite comical.

I understood you're not in this lol...I know but to me its funny because I got called this and that because of my beliefs and I never said I hated the Knicks the real reason I'm here in the first place is because I love the Knicks

I just dont like one player I wish Corey Brewer was still here he's better suited then Jeffries in my opinion....D'Antoni needs to leave to or hire a good defensive asst coach in the off season his score,score,score mentality wont work in the new eastern conference NY needs defense to win it all

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
LOL I couldn't stop laughing at you after this post.I don't think I even have to give a 30 percent effort to rebut anything that you say.You do an excellent job of making yourself look like an absolute joke.You should audition to be the next Coco the Clown at the Bertram Mills Circus.

Why do you respond...You must be a closet fan?...sorry Fan Registration is closed.....The only circus for any true Knicks fan comes to MSG..."Ringling Bros" you 2nd rate jackwad get lost

STAT1

Starter
JJ is improving our defensive effort and thats what we need on Defense players see someone drawing a handful of charges and playing hard on the glass and they follow suit thats why im loving the signing of JJ. best part though was seeing the chemistry starting to fall into place, Melo and STAT seem to be figuring it out and are getting closer to making it work. my favorite part was seeing Mason get some burn and knock down shots, i hope he gets consistent minutes and gets to show how he could help off the bench, impressive win

but can we please beat the ****in cavs?

In general I was pleased by what I saw out of JJ Skinny. He didn't look to score at all, just played defense & made hustle plays. That's all I ever want to see him doing out there. If he can remain in that type of role I have no problem with him getting minutes in this system. We need role players that can put in work without having to get any touches on offense. We have enough scoring power, Jeffries can fill some of the holes we needed to be filled w/his defense & hustle. I hated that guy in the past because of his contract & limited production, but for what he's making now he's a pretty good value. Him & AC add some good defense which helps this team be more balanced.