Hornets @ Knicks 3/2 7:30

Which player would you rather have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingofNy

Starter
Amazing win by the Knicks. I really loved the defensive effort out there. We really need our bench to step up every game much like in this one. Jeffries actually impressed me with the hustle, as long as no one passes him the ball I'm happy. Looks like Shawne and Fields are getting out of their mini slumps as well.

Did it really take you that long to neg him?

Nevertheless funny thread, lol @ this troll. let's keep him around.

I agree that it was an amazing win. This is the type of confidence builder our team needed. It really felt like Melo and Stat and the rest of the guys really jelled tonight and it helped that we got production from our bench. In Orlando our bench only scored 11, so it was nice to see them do work. Our D has been improving as well.

JJ is another story... It's going to take more than a few games and a ton of effort on JJ's part before I go and say it was good we picked him up. IMO a lot of us still have hard feeling against him because of his past... People that don't understand that obviously didn't watch him play much during his last tenure (06-09). Hopefully he'll end up proving us wrong but until then I'm still skeptical as he showed flashes of that past for a few minutes tonight but all in all he played ok.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
In general I was pleased by what I saw out of JJ Skinny. He didn't look to score at all, just played defense & made hustle plays. That's all I ever want to see him doing out there. If he can remain in that type of role I have no problem with him getting minutes in this system. We need role players that can put in work without having to get any touches on offense. We have enough scoring power, Jeffries can fill some of the holes we needed to be filled w/his defense & hustle. I hated that guy in the past because of his contract & limited production, but for what he's making now he's a pretty good value. Him & AC add some good defense which helps this team be more balanced.

You know what I cant be mad at your comment thats your belief..maybe he will grow on me I know from the past I hated him and that sentiment is still in my heart...I cant go from booing to rooting overnight I'm no JJ fan wasnt then and Im not one now....he has to earn my admiration one game wont do it for me

KingofNy

Starter
I understood you're not in this lol...I know but to me its funny because I got called this and that because of my beliefs and I never said I hated the Knicks the real reason I'm here in the first place is because I love the Knicks

I just dont like one player I wish Corey Brewer was still here he's better suited then Jeffries in my opinion....D'Antoni needs to leave to or hire a good defensive asst coach in the off season his score,score,score mentality wont work in the new eastern conference NY needs defense to win it all

I don't even bother responding to people when they get mad when I say stuff like Antoni mismanages his roster and style of play but I learned it's easier to let it go and be bigger than the other person.

As far as missing Brewer you are exactly right, Antoni and Walsh screwed the pooch on that one. What's funny is that AR is better than both Brewer and Jeffries but he never really got a shot and then ended up getting traded for a guy that Antoni basically forced out the door. So, we traded a ton of assets for nothing...If people don't get that I'm not even gonna bother arguing with them. You see what I'm sayin?

knicksin60

Starter
Why do you respond...You must be a closet fan?...sorry Fan Registration is closed.....The only circus for any true Knicks fan comes to MSG..."Ringling Bros" you 2nd rate jackwad get lost

Was your original comeback so lame that you had to edit your post? Funny how you can't even articulate an insult correctly.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
In general I was pleased by what I saw out of JJ Skinny. He didn't look to score at all, just played defense & made hustle plays. That's all I ever want to see him doing out there. If he can remain in that type of role I have no problem with him getting minutes in this system. We need role players that can put in work without having to get any touches on offense. We have enough scoring power, Jeffries can fill some of the holes we needed to be filled w/his defense & hustle. I hated that guy in the past because of his contract & limited production, but for what he's making now he's a pretty good value. Him & AC add some good defense which helps this team be more balanced.

I completely agree with you re: JJ but I have to wonder whether Brewer could have done that same job. Maybe he would have been disgruntled while doing it? Are we paying JJ a considerable amount less than Brewer and thereby saving money? No, that's not possible because we bought out his contract. I wish we had some closure on this issue, because I think a lot of people are left scratching their heads on the whole thing.

As for the great offensive production from the supporting cast tonight, I wonder how good/motivated that NO team actually is. I'd love to see those kinds of performances continue against some of the better teams.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
I don't even bother responding to people when they get mad when I say stuff like Antoni mismanages his roster and style of play but I learned it's easier to let it go and be bigger than the other person.

As far as missing Brewer you are exactly right, Antoni and Walsh screwed the pooch on that one. What's funny is that AR is better than both Brewer and Jeffries but he never really got a shot and then ended up getting traded for a guy that Antoni basically forced out the door. So, we traded a ton of assets for nothing...If people don't get that I'm not even gonna bother arguing with them. You see what I'm sayin?

That's another reason D'Antoni got ran out of Phoenix he plays who he likes not who can help the team.. hopefully with Carmelo, Chauncey, Amare he will open the depth of the bench as seen tonight...We have and have had talent rot on our bench truthfully he pissed curry right out of basketball and if curry joins the heat he will probably become a knick killer because of D'Antoni....I agree he must go give me Marc Jackson as coach... oh trust me I respond only because i'm bored nobody talking Knicks basketball but you and I and the hater is still posting hate...hmmm...he's must love the attn so I'll make him famous until he gets a headache

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
I completely agree with you re: JJ but I have to wonder whether Brewer could have done that same job. Maybe he would have been disgruntled while doing it? Are we paying JJ a considerable amount less than Brewer and thereby saving money? No, that's not possible because we bought out his contract. I wish we had some closure on this issue, because I think a lot of people are left scratching their heads on the whole thing.

As for the great offensive production from the supporting cast tonight, I wonder how good/motivated that NO team actually is. I'd love to see those kinds of performances continue against some of the better teams.

N.O. looks miserable at appeared that Chris Paul was like screw this game at points last night

skisloper

Starter
Jeffries has nothing to prove. He will be called upon when needed to play defense its that simple. His role will be defined as DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

Everyone talks about winning,,,,,,U can only have a 10 man rotation.

Off the Bench
Parker
Douglas
Turiaf
Jeffries
williams
walker

there is no room for anyone else......

I hated Jeffires in the past because who needed a solid defender when we losing 67% of our games....Now we are an offensive machine and he strictly a 'ROLE PLAYER"

remember we need role players...

If the Heat are picking up CURRY before BREWER does that not say something.....

LOOK HOW FAR WE HAVE COME....
Last 5 years we complained how bad our team was
This year how we needed another superstar
Now we are arguing over who should be our 10th man in the rotation...

We are like a bunch of whiny little girls....

Got to love it

KingofNy

Starter
That's another reason D'Antoni got ran out of Phoenix he plays who he likes not who can help the team.. hopefully with Carmelo, Chauncey, Amare he will open the depth of the bench as seen tonight...We have and have had talent rot on our bench truthfully he pissed curry right out of basketball and if curry joins the heat he will probably become a knick killer because of D'Antoni....I agree he must go give me Marc Jackson as coach... oh trust me I respond only because i'm bored nobody talking Knicks basketball but you and I and the hater is still posting hate...hmmm...he's must love the attn so I'll make him famous until he gets a headache

I heard Curry did join the Heat and you're right about him running players out of Phoenix. Just getting Melo and Billups has forced Antoni's hand now and he's basically forced to have us play D or he knows he's going to lose his job. The fans also have a big say in the matter as WE pay all of their salaries.

Did you notice what happened tonight? The fans started chanting for Mason Jr. and Antoni put him in. I think Melo and Billups will end up getting their way or else they'll force Antoni right out of a job... and p.s. I'm loving it.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
Jeffries has nothing to prove. He will be called upon when needed to play defense its that simple. His role will be defined as DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

Off the Bench
Parker
Douglas
Turiaf
Jeffries
williams
walker

I hated Jeffires in the past because who needed a solid defender when we losing 67% of our games....Now we are an offensive machine and he strictly a 'ROLE PLAYER"

Got to love it

Honestly it's the hype and excitement of finally being of the brink of competing for the big chip...We have enough pieces to start the puzzle but we just can't finish it.. we need some more pieces and we'll shock the world...and even with the pieces we do have we might be able to put something together that can get us over this yr...its that type of team and that type of yr

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
I heard Curry did join the Heat and you're right about him running players out of Phoenix. Just getting Melo and Billups has forced Antoni's hand now and he's basically forced to have us play D or he knows he's going to lose his job. The fans also have a big say in the matter as WE pay all of their salaries.

Did you notice what happened tonight? The fans started chanting for Mason Jr. and Antoni put him in. I think Melo and Billups will end up getting their way or else they'll force Antoni right out of a job... and p.s. I'm loving it.

lol...hell I noticed that the crowd wanted Roger and he put him in... D'Antoni knows man this is NY he has to work his cards right now utilize all his options or he will get chased right out of town

KingofNy

Starter

Off the Bench
Parker
Douglas
Turiaf
Jeffries
williams
walker

Got to love it

The problem is our bench guys get exposed against good teams. Our bench scored 11 against Orlando. 11 points. Enough said. Also, Antoni wasn't having us play hardly any defense before the trade. We might of got a good quarter of D maybe every 5th game or something but our guys played more D in the last week than they've played all season. Just look at how we're actually playing defense now. It's great.

I admit that I hate JJ from the past and even more so because we lost Brewer because Antoni wanted JJ and didn't play him. Brewer is really good and can score but never got a shot. Since when is it o.k. to trade for a guy and then buy him out a week later. I get it if he's the second part of the trade but he was the main attraction SEPARATE from the Melo deal. Where's the sense in that?

IMO Antoni handled that whole situation wrong and I don't think he deserves a pass for it just like he doesn't for not playing AR and forcing him out of town. I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Troy Murphy didn't want to come here because they knew they wouldn't see the court. Don't you see this?

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
The problem is our bench guys get exposed against good teams. Our bench scored 11 against Orlando. 11 points. Enough said. Also, Antoni wasn't having us play hardly any defense before the trade. We might of got a good quarter of D maybe every 5th game or something but our guys played more D in the last week than they've played all season. Just look at how we're actually playing defense now. It's great.

I admit that I hate JJ from the past and even more so because we lost Brewer because Antoni wanted JJ and didn't play him. Brewer is really good and can score but never got a shot. Since when is it o.k. to trade for a guy and then buy him out a week later. I get it if he's the second part of the trade but he was the main attraction SEPARATE from the Melo deal. Where's the sense in that?

IMO Antoni handled that whole situation wrong and I don't think he deserves a pass for it just like he doesn't for not playing AR and forcing him out of town. I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Troy Murphy didn't want to come here because they knew they wouldn't see the court. Don't you see this?

Yeah that has been the problem and talk about us all around the league that Dolan never cared about winning but filling seats....now with the attraction of Melo, Chauncey, Stat and Fields playing superb ball more stars will want to join us...its just that players actually hate D'Antoni around the league...he is hated by many players

KingofNy

Starter
Yeah that has been the problem and talk about us all around the league that Dolan never cared about winning but filling seats....now with the attraction of Melo, Chauncey, Stat and Fields playing superb ball more stars will want to join us...its just that players actually hate D'Antoni around the league...he is hated by many players

That's obvious to me with all the decent players that got bought out we got the bottom of the barrel guys for the same price the other teams paid for Murphy, Bibby, ect.

skisloper

Starter

You are giving much too much credit to D'antonio.....Walsh calls the shots not him......The reason we took Brewer was to try and use him as trade bait with Balkman so we can get rid of balkmans 3 years.

we were never supposed to get Brewer. REMEMBER this is Walsh not the coach who makes these decisions....

After watching the Miami game and seeing their bench I like where we stand. Remember we gave up Chandler ( our 6th man ) and Mozgov....Those 2 were a much stronger bench.....

At this time of year the best you could do is find players that can make a difference in a game...

Williams....we know he can shoot and at times plays good D
Douglas ,,,,U saw tonight what he can do.
Walker....great rebounding against heat
Jeffries....Need him to guard Rose, Rondo, Joe Johnson, Wade
Parker....good defense.....experience

iJoe

Rotation player

I thought Dantoni was actually a big reason why players want to come to NYC. They love to play in his system. The ones that complain the most about Dantoni, are just guys who couldn't earn minutes and usually out of shape.

On a side note, I thought it was interesting that Jefferies was the only negative in the plus minus portion of the stats. He definitely needs more time to get used to our new lineup. I really wish he'd stop turning the ball over.

STAT1

Starter

Yeah bro, I was highly disappointed that we let Brewer go without even so much as a look in this system, but a lot of things MDA does frustrates me this is nothing new. He never gave AR much of a chance either & first game out in Minny where he plays over 20 minutes he goes & puts up 19 & 10. We've also seen Darko put up some solid #'s for the T'Wolves & be a defensive presence in the paint this season, something we really could have used all year. It would be nice if our head coach could detach himself from playing personal favorites & just go with the players that have the most talent & skillset to get the job done out on the floor. Trust me I would much rather have seen Brewer get play instead of buying him out to clear way for Jeffries, but there's no sense in growing frustrated over something we know we have no control over anyway.

On a happier note, I was pleased to see Roger Mason get some minutes at the end of the game today, I think he's conducted himself like a true professional ever since he got here when he could have very easily grown frustrated & asked to be bought out instead because he wasn't getting any minutes. It's not like he was some end of the bench scrub where he was playing before either, he was a starter for a championship calibre team not too long ago. My guess is his attitude is what made DW choose to keep him around, maybe he thinks having guys like that around will be good for some of our young guys like Douglas, Walker, Rautins & Fields to emulate. I guess I can understand that kind of reasoning. I don't think we bought Brewer out because of a bad attitude though, he wasn't here long enough for MDA to even get any type of feel for him at all. I just think MDA had it resigned in his brain that the Knicks would bring his boy Jeffries back which pretty much left Brewer out in the cold with no role to play, so Donnie did his agent a solid & waived him so he could catch on with another team like the Mavs where he could have a role in a playoff run, who I've heard are planning on signing him to a multi-year extension when he clears waivers at around the $2 million dollar range per year. At least he's not signing with the Celtics or Heat. That woulda been insult to injury.

skisloper

Starter
]That's obvious to me with all the decent players that got bought out we got the bottom of the barrel guys for the same price the other teams paid for Murphy, Bibby, ect.[/QUOTE]

WHO HATES HIM......
Nate Robinson..now on his 3rd team
Harrington ...being benched for New Knicks....
Larry Hughes...career done
Marbury.....China boy

come on