Your 2011-2012 Knicks Lineup?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
20-12 is a cute guess, but he's actually averaging 5 and 5.

It's obviously due to the inferior talent around Ricky "Magic" Rubio though, I can't see him demanding anything less than a max contract.

I've seen him play more than enough to know he's got it. The man pulls off passes that no one else in this league could even dream of. He's defensively more than good enough for the league, he just needs to improve that 3 ball. Barca look to former NBA star Juan Carlos Navarro who absolutely beasts over there. People forget, Rubio is 20 years old!

Just to show how appreciated his skills in Europe are, he was voted the best point guard at 17, best defensive player when he was 18 and last year he was voted the best point guard again as well as being voted their equivalent of the MVP in the same year.

His assists would be MUCH higher but Barcelona play basketball the way they play football, they're not a team that play fast break, they pass the ball around like everyone has to have a touch before it goes in the basket. Rubio's job is to win the ball, which he does and then bring it over half court allowing time for everyone else to get in their positions for the elaborate play that ensues, either that or they go inside out and given everyone on the team can handle the ball (and I do mean everyone) they don't have to be over reliant on a PG the way American teams do.

Oh and Ricky only plays about 20 minutes, worth pointing out.

Check out the highlights (that only tell part of the story) against the Lakers and see what I mean about how comfortable they are with the ball.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
So did you get the team you wanted?

Gutted watching Rubio tonight and just thinking how perfect he would have been here.