Knicks V Cavs - Fri, March 4

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I dont think anyone played particulary horrible. I think the refs botched A LOT of calls. I dont think TD played the best he couldve but he played efficient. Shelden and JJ looked good in their short time out there. I think Shawne Williams lacking ice in veins killed us truthfully. He will go off during a win when his three is just another shot, but when its needed hes non-existent.

Masso

Rookie
Can't believe that, how the hell have we lost 3 times to the bloody Cavs?

Onto Sunday i suppose, they best be hurtin' after that.

I dont think anyone played particulary horrible. I think the refs botched A LOT of calls. I dont think TD played the best he couldve but he played efficient. Shelden and JJ looked good in their short time out there. I think Shawne Williams lacking ice in veins killed us truthfully. He will go off during a win when his three is just another shot, but when its needed hes non-existent.
What are you talking about?TD basically let Sessions run right by him.

TakMan

Rotation player
What a joke. I don't even blame this loss on our Knicks or Antoni. This one was on the refs. Total BS calls all second half. GARBAGE.

Can we please refrain from blaming the refs for this one. The truth is that the Knicks had a comfortable lead during the 4th and blew it by allowing the Cavs free perimeter shots and second chances while making disgusting decisions on offence. Even if some of the ref's decisions were dubious, we were playing a team the hasn't won away in 26 GAMES. If we refuse to see the team's flaws (which stare at us in the face almost every game) then we should change our name to D'Antoni and carry on as if everything is going according to plan.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Can someone PLEASE tell me why Amare didn't take the last shot.

Becsause he's turnover prone when defenses collapse on him. He can't pass out of a double team to save his life. That's a bad call by the refs on Melos drive. But thats the 2nd time this year Melo gets shitted on by the refs in a last shot situation driving to the paint. They did the same thing to him when Denver played the Spurs and Manu jumped in front of him for a charge with 2 seconds left.

But Manu can hopstep, pump fake and take another step for a winning jumpshot against the Bucks and no travel call.

If you dont suck the Refs peepee's you dont get calls. STAT tech foul leader for us. Melo has never shown any respect for refs. Dantoni too scared to get kicked out of a game and let someone else run the team. God forbid the assistant coach gets a chance to shine.

KingofNy

Starter
Stop blaming the refs. Thats the NBA for ya. No excuse to losing to this "tean" THREE times. Classic example of a team over-looking another team. No excuses.

You can be blind to it all you want. I'm normally not one to blame the refs but COME ON. The refs f*cked us tonight. We shot near 60% from the field. Every call that could go either way went to the Cavs. The refs gave them all the calls the last 10 minutes and didn't give us sh*t. The last two losses were on our Knicks... Tonight's loss was on the refs. If you didn't see it you either weren't watching hard enough or just can't tell when someone's stealing your wallet. The refs stole this game from us.

petescud

Starter
I'm not blaming the refs...this one was on us...shouldn't ever put yourself in a situation where the refs determine your Fate...When was the last time the Cavs scored that many points...lets you know where we are at

TheNYdude

Rookie
Defense people. Unacceptable to let the Cavs get 120 on us. Absolutely unacceptable.

We gave them wide open 3's the whole 2nd half, like we didnt respect their shots.

Forget the refs or who took the last shot, we should had put Cleveland away in the 3rd and never let it get to that point.

Wargames

Starter
I'm not blaming the refs...this one was on us...shouldn't ever put yourself in a situation where the refs determine your Fate...When was the last time the Cavs scored that many points...lets you know where we are at

Exactly we should never of been in a position against the worse team in the league where the refs calling a foul cost us the game.

mafra

Legend
This game is a perfect illustration for why I want D'antoni fired yesterday.

Forget the fact that he failed to have his team ready to play. Forget the fact he lacked any game plan to stop CLE. Forget that Cle scored 119 points. What drives me nuts is we're supposed to look past everything b/9 Dantoni is some offensive genius?

Say WHAT?

Once again... Money on the line... After a timeout... NY comes up empty.

Byron Scott ready MD like a scribble on a rest stop bathroom stall. Told man to give baseline when Carmelo drives. Told other guy to be ready to take the charge.

Dantoni fails again to draw up a play to get us points.

Sure, Carmelo was pathetic again in the 4th. But, Scott showed you hopw cpaching can win you games despite talent. Dantonit had twice the talent but failed. Scott took a PG in his 1st game and got the win.

How anyone can defend Dantoni is amazing. 0-3 against worst team in the nba. Another team drops 119 freaking points. Do people comprehend that fact?

Wow. Pinch me after we lose to mia 4-1 and tell me plz that coach is canned.

KingofNy

Starter
Exactly we should never of been in a position against the worse team in the league where the refs calling a foul cost us the game.

Who do you blame for the loss when your team shoots near 60% from the field, has 9 blocks, 4 steals and 70+ points from your top two all-stars? The refs didn't call one foul our way the last 10 minutes. NOT ONE. If they did Amare would of broke 50 and melo would of had at least 6 more points.

I had us winning 50. We'll be lucky to finish at .500. For all of STAT's offensive prowess he appears equally as lost on defense most times. He just isnt tuned in on the defensive end. I saw quite a few plays he could have made down there and he completely whiffs...

KingofNy

Starter
This game is a perfect illustration for why I want D'antoni fired yesterday.

Forget the fact that he failed to have his team ready to play. Forget the fact he lacked any game plan to stop CLE. Forget that Cle scored 119 points. What drives me nuts is we're supposed to look past everything b/9 Dantoni is some offensive genius?

Say WHAT?

Once again... Money on the line... After a timeout... NY comes up empty.

Byron Scott ready MD like a scribble on a rest stop bathroom stall. Told man to give baseline when Carmelo drives. Told other guy to be ready to take the charge.

Dantoni fails again to draw up a play to get us points.

Sure, Carmelo was pathetic again in the 4th. But, Scott showed you hopw cpaching can win you games despite talent. Dantonit had twice the talent but failed. Scott took a PG in his 1st game and got the win.

How anyone can defend Dantoni is amazing. 0-3 against worst team in the nba. Another team drops 119 freaking points. Do people comprehend that fact?

Wow. Pinch me after we lose to mia 4-1 and tell me plz that coach is canned.

I don't totally blame him tonight but I'll sure be happy when he's outta NY. He's not HARD enough for NY...not at all. Well that and he sucks at coaching D.

KingofNy

Starter
I had us winning 50. We'll be lucky to finish at .500. For all of STAT's offensive prowess he appears equally as lost on defense most times. He just isnt tuned in on the defensive end. I saw quite a few plays he could have made down there and he completely whiffs...

It didn't help that Cleveland shot almost 60% from downtown. Amare's D was lacking in the 4th quarter because he was playing with 4 fouls. This one was partly on Antoni but mostly on the refs.