Knicks V Cavs - Fri, March 4

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
This game hurt my soul, and Im still close to sockin this dude next to me at this bar with a lebron james cavs jersey on! The only thing going good for me is seeing miami get shredded. at least they will be the main story night. NY running a close second.:barf:

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
Any free agents out there? Like a true center 6'11 and above that can help?
Courtney Sims is a good free agent that's better than JJ. I'm sure there are other ones, but D'Antoni has a fascination with JJ for some reason. Acquiring a big Thabeet who could block shots might have also been a good move for them, but it's too late for that now.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Ugh. We can't defend the pick and roll. It is our go to play and we can't defend it ... ugh

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
wEll atleast we know what lakers fans feel like. The bobcats have had their number since they existed. Same with Portland in the rose garden and they lost to Cleveland b4 asw w/o mo Williams or baron Davis lol

also I'd like to add I really envy Philly. They missed the playoffs last year and they go hire Doug Collins now look at them. We need a coach to get players up like coach Collins and mr. Thibbs

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
All in all we had much worse games this season. Bad defense in the 4th quarter, but I've seen much worse from us this season. I think we're focusing too much on the Cavs' record then actually realizing they've won a few big games lately and now have Baron Davis who played like he used to a lot in this game.

Wargames

Starter
Also why was Shawn williams in during the last 5 minutes of the game. I know we hardly have a bench after the Melo trade but fields was playing well....we really need to rebuild our bench Williams and walker are 10-15 a minute players when they playing their best. Now they are getting 20-25 minutes a game regardless.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
It happens, as has been said look at the Bobcats and Lakers.

I'm not prepared to put this down to "one of those things though"

and here's why.

With a full compliment and with no excuses think about the following phrase and know it is right:

HARD WORK ONLY BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Exactly we should never of been in a position against the worse team in the league where the refs calling a foul cost us the game.

Agreed. We should of been far enough ahead by that point that a couple calls wouldnt cost us the game.

You would think that after losing to them last week that they would be dying to get another shot at them.....who knows maybe Cleveland just has our number! :barf:

JohnBoy11

Banned
Agreed. We should of been far enough ahead by that point that a couple calls wouldnt cost us the game.

You would think that after losing to them last week that they would be dying to get another shot at them.....who knows maybe Cleveland just has our number! :barf:
Im tellin you man, this team needs RIcky RUbio0o0o. He's legit and Billups could mentor him. ANd FU*K Baron Davis! :bitch:

tiger0330

Legend
Denver is 5-1 with 5 new guys so forget gelling and chemistry as an excuse. We are 2-3 with 2 superstars in the lineup and were a .500 team before we shipped our 4 guys to Denver, you could make a case that the common denominator is D'Antoni's coaching and system.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I wasnt gonna point any fingers but jeffries pretty much blew it, he had way to many mistakes. He gave up way to much on the pick and roll, but the play alot of people are overlooking is the last drive by melo. The lane opened, why in sam hell did JJ go through the lane, (spread the floor) it was his defender who drew the charge. STAT had a bad defensive night too BTW. I know its a rebuilding process but yo play for the moment! Bad coaching down the strecth along with the team defense is why we caught that L.

Last edited:

JohnBoy11

Banned
Denver is 5-1 with 5 new guys so forget gelling and chemistry as an excuse. We are 2-3 with 2 superstars in the lineup and were a .500 team before we shipped our 4 guys to Denver, you could make a case that the common denominator is D'Antoni's coaching and system.
Eh I guess so, if only the Knicks had a defense.....

miked1958

Rotation player
You hit nail on the HEAD

Can we please refrain from blaming the refs for this one. The truth is that the Knicks had a comfortable lead during the 4th and blew it by allowing the Cavs free perimeter shots and second chances while making disgusting decisions on offence. Even if some of the ref's decisions were dubious, we were playing a team the hasn't won away in 26 GAMES. If we refuse to see the team's flaws (which stare at us in the face almost every game) then we should change our name to D'Antoni and carry on as if everything is going according to plan.
We were playing a team that had not tasted victory on the road in 26 games. whats that like almost a month plus not winning on the road? back early in the season when Cleveland had a 9game losing streak they played us and break the streak by beating us in OT. Then they go out and lose 27 in a row. they finally win, but still STINK and we lose to them AGAIN with our NEW LOOK Team 114-109 on their floor. Then they come to our house tonight riding a 26 game Road losing streak and again we let them whip us. Pretty bad to be the ONLY TEAM they beat among 35 or so losses and then be THE FIRST TEAM to lose to them after 26 road losses. PATHETIC

Last edited:
WTF?????

Statement game my ass!

Giving up 119 against ****ing Cleveland is a joke.

STAT is such a weak defender...it's not even funny anymore.

Our whole team defense was bullshit!

Sorry for cursing around here, but I'm pissed!

Losing all 3 against the worst team in the league....can I get a break?

If we show up in Chitown with this type of defense we'll get swept by the Bulls.

Shame on our players they defended like morons!

skisloper

Starter
In a game like this I could only blame the coach.
I have never had a negative email on D'Antonio but this
game is on him.

I think its time for a change.

skisloper

Starter
Also why was Shawn williams in during the last 5 minutes of the game. I know we hardly have a bench after the Melo trade but fields was playing well....we really need to rebuild our bench Williams and walker are 10-15 a minute players when they playing their best. Now they are getting 20-25 minutes a game regardless.

Shawn Williams has lost all confidence when it comes to shooting....
I loved the way Walker played against the heat....time to boost him up....

problem now is we have Balkman, Jeffries and Turiaf 3 no-offense players on the bench.......

Sheldon williams actually boxed out....

Red

TYPE-A
No excuses but we missed 20% (2 of a 10man rotation, more if we use less of a rotation) in Turiaf and Billups

Not to mention a leader and defensive impact player.

Coach figured this game can be won (out of the remaining) with a depleted roster and rolled the dice.

We still are geling but really we are learning how to play with different line ups.

It sucks, but our goal should be to make the playoffs and be clicking on all cylinders. Let's stay focused!

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
WTF?????

Statement game my ass!

Giving up 119 against ****ing Cleveland is a joke.

STAT is such a weak defender...it's not even funny anymore.

Our whole team defense was bullshit!

Sorry for cursing around here, but I'm pissed!

Losing all 3 against the worst team in the league....can I get a break?

If we show up in Chitown with this type of defense we'll get swept by the Bulls.

Shame on our players they defended like morons!

If things stay the same, we're playing the heat...