Crucial Remainder - Monitoring Threat Teams - Playoff Match Ups - Critical Games

Final thoughts about BOS? I believe we can compete. Billups would give Rondo a real fight & maybe even plenty of problems as a true playoff warrior. TD23 is a good option when trying to take some steam & energy out of Rondo. Melo & Amare would compete strong against Pierce & KG. Fields can stick with Allen & at least contest his shots. Fields is also a strong off the ball player on offense, so the movement & action could also get to the aging Allen which could pretty much weaken his legs which would then alter his mid to long range shot attempts.

I'd love to see NY take the 6th seed but I'm also enjoy the 76ers winning ways right now. The 76ers could become our best friends during the playoffs. Same goes for ATL. In a perfect world we get MIA & the 76ers get the CHI during the 1st. Of course NY must eliminate MIA, but do not be shocked if the 76ers upset Chicago. This is why I want the 6th seed so the 76ers face the #1 seed (If BOS takes it). Another upset in the making is ATL over ORL. NY vs ATL 2nd round?

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;171842 said:
It goes without saying that both match-ups have detractors for us. But after some deliberation, I still can't pinpoint which in particular works most in our favour over all??

However. in Boston's case - **** I hate Boston - the imbalance in the front court, our weakest point defensively and offensively (no post game), is just silly.

Boston's bigs are a concern for any team. But when it comes to us, they're a major obstacle. Shelden Williams has played well in limited minutes, but with his propensity to over foul with his physical approach as well as Ronny's sporadic arthritis, we'd be constantly teetering on front court question marks throughout what could, or at the same time could not, be a very short series and elimination for our boys.

Shaq, as mentioned by Sprewell-Houston in another thread, could be our bane in that series depending on his health. The combination of both he and Big Gaby Davis off the bench is not a combo that our second, or even first unit, could defend competently given what they've brought to the low post since, and before, the trade. And that goes for both ends seeing we have zero post offence and would be driving/cutting in to a lane full of blubbery, playoff worn goliaths.

Those 2 ****ers must way 3/5 of a ton between them.

Just for the sake of a comparative, I'll put the weight and height of each team's forwards.

Boston:

SHAQ - 7'1" ~ 330
Garknee - 6'11" ~ 253
Jeff Green - 6'9" ~ 235
Jermaine O'neal - 6'11" ~ 255
Big Gaby - 6'9" ~ 290!
Krstic - 7'0" ~ 240

Against the weakest interior defence in the league and a NY team that is often out rebounded by double digits, has gone from 1st to 4th on the team BPG list since Chandler left, 28th (last I checked) in the league in points allowed in the paint, we rotate defensively like there's a ****ing glitch in the matrix and we don't box out.

STAT - 6'10" ~ 240
Girafferies 6'11" ~ 240 with no penis
Ronny T - 6'10" ~ 245. 230 without the beard.
Big Shelden - 6'9" ~ 250
Shawne Williams - 6'9" ~ 230

And we're a player down, 6-5, in the front court.

Every single one of Boston's individual bigs has had experience in the playoffs beyond the first round. In our case, Only STAT and the glass man, Ronny T, have been beyond it, STAT only as a pivotal contributor to his team in that regard.

Boston are one of the league's top defensive teams, NY rely on offence to win games.

The former champs and reigning EC champs with all their experience, size and an approach that'd F D'Antoni's 'score, score, score' approach in the A, would be a worse match up for our team than Miami.

That's how I see it!

I'll elaborate on Miami later.

Thanks homes!:thumbsup:

Excellent analysis ^^

Good point, we're probably better off playing Miami. The other side of the argument is that Lebron wade and Bosh look like they've all finally figured it out with the exception of the cleveland loss, and that the Celtics are old and could possibly face fatigue or even injuries in the playoffs. Even by the time the playoffs get here one of their wheelchair players could be on the sideline but if they are healthy....thats where your argument comes in and we have to assume their gonna be healthy until Garknee comes away limping or Pierce pulls his back. Miami doesnt have the size and the ability to clog the middle like Bumston and could be more vulnerable for an unexpected broomstick ass raping upset. Well there probably wont be no broomstick, the heat aint gettin swept so i guess i have to say no homo. Its not gay to rape someone with a broomstick, thats just the way to get people to talk.

To speculate as to who we "match up" better with is a shot in the dark at this point because essentially we should be fielding a better, more cohesive unit; one that both the Heat nor Boston has seen complete (unless you count the game against MIA, which was our 3rd game with this regime).

We did however have to comeback from 16 down to beat MIA- having to constantly do that will spell doom.

But if Melo is playing then like he is now, at the least we can say the best player is in a Knick uniform.

Nice to see the Bucks knock off the 76ers tonight. Back to 2 games back of the 76ers for the 6th seed.

I fully expect us to play the 76ers fighting for soul right of the 6th seed with our meeting against the 76ers 3 games from now.

With our game against the Cavs @ home in MSG tomorrow night + the 6ers having an off night? We better close this gap to 1.5

Then, while the Knicks host the Raptors @ Home & Philly travels to Boston to take on the Celtics, there stands a good chance NY only trails the 76ers by .5 of a game heading into a big time game against Philly for rights to the 6th seed.

That Knicks vs 76ers has all the making of a playoff type of game with plenty of fight & intensity coming from both teams. Hopefully we can escape Philly with an important win on the road.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
To speculate as to who we "match up" better with is a shot in the dark at this point because essentially we should be fielding a better, more cohesive unit; one that both the Heat nor Boston has seen complete (unless you count the game against MIA, which was our 3rd game with this regime).

We did however have to comeback from 16 down to beat MIA- having to constantly do that will spell doom.

But if Melo is playing then like he is now, at the least we can say the best player is in a Knick uniform.

Our blaring weaknesses are front court post defence and rotation and rebounding.

Neither the Heat nor the Celtics are ideal in any sense regarding that. 2 of the best penetrating players in the game in Wade and James.

As you say, we had to come back from 16 down to beat the Heat in Miami. Wade also had one of his worst games of the year. Udonis Haslem is set to return apparently, as well.

I'm interested to know more specifically what you mean by cohesively complete.

ATL's a sleeper team poised to eliminate ORL. They've only improved & gotten much better since pushing BOS 7 games as an 8th seed.

ORL could be deadly against NY during the playoffs due to the simple fact Dwight makes for the most dominating Center in the game today; while NY has the largest NBA void @ the 5 position.

I love ATL over ORL. This is an ATL squad thats only 4 games back of ORL, on pace for 50 wins; inside the toughest Easten Con division. Just beat BOS on Friday.

ORL lives by the 3 & the'll die by the 3. I'm taking Joe Johnson over any ORL shooter. @ 6'10, 245, Al Horford is giving Howard all he can handle down low. Dude just put up 16 pts & 15 boards vs BOS. Then they have Josh Smith who ORL won't have an answer for @ the PF position. Hinrich was a mid-season steal for ATL. Ability to lock down Nelson. Crawford as a 6th man? Kills ORL. Just put up 20 vs BOS. Pachulia is a C who plays with energy.

"IF" PHI can upset either BOS/MIA...& we take out either MIA/BOS? It's NY vs ATL during the 2nd.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
76ers_50t.png
lens15782381_1290644676chicago_bulls_logo.gif
hawks_50t.png
MiamiHeatLogo_normal.png
indiana_pacers.png
boston-celtics-logo_normal.jpg
orlando.gif

3189092709_e17185a355.jpg

76ers_50t.png
lens15782381_1290644676chicago_bulls_logo.gif
hawks_50t.png
MiamiHeatLogo_normal.png
indiana_pacers.png
boston-celtics-logo_normal.jpg
orlando.gif

7 GAMES LEFT

All EC teams, the final 5 games against playoff teams with only one of them at home. Cleveland, Toronto, @Philly, @NJ, @Indiana, Chicago, @Boston.

NBA-Playoff-Schedule-2010.jpg

Typo: You stated the final 5 games were all against playoff teams, but we play the Nets as our 4th to last game who aren't a playoff team, but still, I get the point (must have been an obvious typo).

But I couldn't ask for it any other way. Time to get battle tested heading into the playoffs.

I would love to see this team head into the playoffs 4 games above .500 which would mean we improved after the trade by 2 games (went into the break 2 games above .500).

For that to happen we pretty much have to win our next 5.

One game @ a time, starting with the Cavs. I do feel we can win our next 5 games against Cleveland, Toronto, Philly, NJ & Indy. It's won't be easy, it'll be a grind (especially against Philly & Indy); but it's possible.

That would put us @ 4 games above .500 with two games to go.

Split the home & away with CHI & BOS & we're heading into the playoffs 4 games above .500. Anything better than that & we ran the table, heading into the playoffs 6 games above .500 riding a 9 game win streak.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Playoffs locked, my pretties!

Williams_Louis_phi_091118.jpg

Lou Williams underwent an MRI on Sunday afternoon.

The MRI revealed Williams has a strained right hamstring and he will be out for the foreseeable future. His injury will be re-evaluated on a regular basis in order to monitor his progress and determine his return date.

============================================

That's a big blow to Philadelphia. Gives us more of an opportunity to pick our ideal match up with a .500/+.500 remaining 6 games.

Our scouts had better be losing sleep from fastidious number crunching and surveying.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...y_With_Strained_Right_Hamstring#ixzz1IZMH69ZH

That injury is not good news for the Knicks. With or without Williams; the Knicks should pass the 76ers for the 6th seed.

But teams like the Hawks & 76ers have the ability to become our best friends during the playoffs (as long as we take care of our opponent).

ATL has all the talent in the world to eliminate Orlando. & with as hot as the 76ers has been? A shocking upset over a team like the Heat or even struggling Boston wouldn't be all that shocking to me. That injury to Williams could very well eliminate any chance that the 76ers have of upsetting either BOS or MIA.

I'm confident ATL eliminates ORL & I'm sure most or maybe even none of this will happen: but as an NBA & Knicks fan? This is what I'll be pulling for to happen but no chance Indy beats CHI.

CHI (1) vs Indy (8) = CHI
BOS (2) vs 76ers (7) = 76ers
MIA (3) vs NY (6) = NYK
ORL (4) vs ATL (5) = ATL

Could you IMAGINE a 2nd round that looked like this...

CHI (1) vs 76ers (7)
ATL (5) vs NYK (6)

I'd start thinking Eastern Conf Finals vs Chicago!

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
That injury is not good news for the Knicks. With or without Williams; the Knicks should pass the 76ers for the 6th seed.

But teams like the Hawks & 76ers have the ability to become our best friends during the playoffs (as long as we take care of our opponent).

ATL has all the talent in the world to eliminate Orlando. & with as hot as the 76ers has been? A shocking upset over a team like the Heat or even struggling Boston wouldn't be all that shocking to me. That injury to Williams could very well eliminate any chance that the 76ers have of upsetting either BOS or MIA.

I'm confident ATL eliminates ORL & I'm sure most or maybe even none of this will happen: but as an NBA & Knicks fan? This is what I'll be pulling for to happen but no chance Indy beats CHI.

MIA (3) vs NY (6) = NYK
ORL (4) vs ATL (5) = ATL

CHI (1) vs 76ers (7)
ATL (5) vs NYK (6)

One game at a time. We just got over our 6 game losing streak and 9 out of 10 skid, and you're talking Eastern Conference Finals? Relax Plax.

We've split the season series with ATL 2-2 & I'm pretty sure we hold the better division record.

We're 4 games back of ATL in the loss column for the 5 seed.

I'm not saying it'll happen, because it's just a pipe dream; but we haven't been mathematically eliminated yet.

ORL has the greatest C around, but our star power of Billips, Melo & Amare could become too much for Howard to handle himself.

Either way, I just want the highest seed possible. BOS, MIA, ORL? All extremely tough out's.

ATL's on a two game losing streak as of right now. The only way we catch ATL is if one of two things happen. 1) ATL loses their last 4 & 2) the Knicks win out with our last 5.

I don't expect any of this to happen, but it's not over until it's over. 3 of their last 4 games are on the road. @ Indy, @ Washington, vs MIA & @ CHA.

Some will look @ the schedule & say no way does ATL lose to the Wizards & Charlotte, but you never know. They've lost to horrible teams such as NJ twice & the Pistons once already this season.

la2ny

Starter
Dude, Were not getting any higher than 6th ok, stop. Were going to draw either Boston or Miami so us getting by either of them will mean we'd have to play to our full potential, otherwise Melo and the Boys will be "Coming Home" soon again. Im all for being positive but be realistic, WE ARE NOT MAKING THE CONFERENCE FINALS. This is not 1999

I never said "it would happen" lol I clearly made it known that it's a pipe dream. Key word being "dream".

I'll root for the Knicks to win our last 5 games & I'll also root for ATL to lose their last 4 games. Thats expecting nothing & wishing for the best.

Stop trying to tell others how to be a fan of the Knicks. You have no idea how long I've dreamed of this situation. 7 years is nothing. I always dreamed of Ewing having another top 10 star.

How old are you? When did you start pulling for the Knicks & watching the NBA? During what year? I've been a die hard fan of my Knicks since 92-93. Seen plenty of great Knick teams & enjoyed plenty of great playoff rivalries. This isn't my first rodeo. And your damn right this isn't 99. We don't have an aging Ewing as a superstar, but we do have two elite top 5-10 NBA mega-stars in Melo & Amare + a Champion in Billups running the offense. I never said we'd make the Eastern Conf finals either. I'll pull for & believe until we're eliminated. I expect nothing this year

Also, who are you to tell the world & die hard Knick fans "We're not gonna make the Eastern Conf Finals"?

If we make it out the 1st round we'll take on the Bulls. Who are you to say we won't beat Chicago?

Playoffs are different than the regular season but we're 2-0 against the Bulls this year. They had Rose both games too. I could care less if they were "without" Boozer & or Noah. We were without Melo & Billups...

I heard Jet fans say we wouldn't make the AFCCG with a rookie coach & QB last year. Same fans said we wouldn't beat Rivers & SD on the road (hottest team in football then). I heard Jet fan after Jet fan "making it known" how we couldn't beat both Manning & the Colts / Brady, BB & the Patriots on the road this year. We did all of the above.

I've followed & played sports since childhood. Going on 20 years now. Never listen to when someone says "you can't" do something. I've learned to take the know-it-all type / predict-the-future types of fan remarks with a grain of salt over the years.

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
I never said "it would happen" lol I clearly made it known that it's a pipe dream. Key word being "dream".

I'll root for the Knicks to win our last 5 games & I'll also root for ATL to lose their last 4 games. Thats expecting nothing & wishing for the best.

Stop trying to tell others how to be a fan of the Knicks. You have no idea how long I've dreamed of this situation. 7 years is nothing. I always dreamed of Ewing having another top 10 star.

How old are you? When did you start pulling for the Knicks & watching the NBA? During what year? I've been a die hard fan of my Knicks since 92-93. Seen plenty of great Knick teams & enjoyed plenty of great playoff rivalries. This isn't my first rodeo. And your damn right this isn't 99. We don't have an aging Ewing as a superstar, but we do have two elite top 5-10 NBA mega-stars in Melo & Amare + a Champion in Billups running the offense. I never said we'd make the Eastern Conf finals either. I'll pull for & believe until we're eliminated. I expect nothing this year
Who gives a s**t how old anyone is or how many years people have been following the Knicks. You being a fan since 92 or 93 doesn't make you any more of a fan than anyone else on this board and it doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Also, who are you to tell the world & die hard Knick fans "We're not gonna make the Eastern Conf Finals"?

If we make it out the 1st round we'll take on the Bulls. Who are you to say we won't beat Chicago?

Playoffs are different than the regular season but we're 2-0 against the Bulls this year. They had Rose both games too. I could care less if they were "without" Boozer & or Noah. We were without Melo & Billups...

I heard Jet fans say we wouldn't make the AFCCG with a rookie coach & QB last year. Same fans said we wouldn't beat Rivers & SD on the road (hottest team in football then). I heard Jet fan after Jet fan "making it known" how we couldn't beat both Manning & the Colts / Brady, BB & the Patriots on the road this year. We did all of the above.

I've followed & played sports since childhood. Going on 20 years now. Never listen to when someone says "you can't" do something. I've learned to take the know-it-all type / predict-the-future types of fan remarks with a grain of salt over the years.

Any fan who went into the 2009 - 2010 season thinking we were going to make it to the AFCCG with a rookie at the helm and rookie HC is a complete moron. We got hot at the right time and we were playing with house money the entire playoffs. Also, most Jet fans this year thought we would beat Manning & the Colts and a lot of people had a feeling we were going to beat Brady and Belicheat. It was the rest of the media and the fans of other teams who thought we were going to get spanked by Manning and then runover by New England if happened to get by the Fagtriots, not Jet fans.

I knew we could beat any team in 2009 for 4 reasons. I know a good team when I see one, #1 defense led by Rex Ryan himself. #1 ranked & best rushing attack in Jets franchise history & one of the best, if not the best offensive lines in the entire league.

Not trying to turn this into a Jets thread but no one can tell me the Knicks cant make the Eastern Conf Finals; especially if we face the Bulls during the 2nd round. How many rings does Rose have? None. Everyone is 0-0-0 come playoff time. New season & a new begining. Your right... It doesn't matter when you became a fan. But if you were never around for the Ewing & Riley era against Phil, MJ, Pippen & the Bulls or Reggie, Jackson & the Smitz.. You have no idea of living through those playoffs wars other than the JVG Knicks era. Just like I know nothing about the Reed, Walt & Monro era of 72. No matter how much you read or watch old games of the Riley era.. If you weren't around to witness it first hand; you can't live through that moment.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

MIA (3) vs NY (6) = NYK
ORL (4) vs ATL (5) = ATL

CHI (1) vs 76ers (7)
ATL (5) vs NYK (6)

KFFQ, this isn't the NFL, that is not how the NBA playoffs work, the higher seed doesn't play the lowest seed in the 2nd round automaticly like in the NFL, a fan like yourself that has been watching the Knicks since the early 90s should know how the NBA playoffs work.

The winner of the 1-8 matchup, which looks like Chicago should take Indiana, will automaticlly play the winner of the 4-5 matchup, so Chicago could only play Atlanta or Orlando in the 2nd round regardless of who else wins there series.

So let's say the Knicks finish 6th and play Miami as the 3rd, then the winner of that matchup would play the winner of the 2-7 matchup no matter what, so it would only be either Boston or Philly in the 2nd round.

So regardless if the Knicks end up as the 6th seed or 7th seed, IF they beat their first round opponent they will have to play the winner of the Philly-MIA/BOS matchup. So it looks like we will have to face either Boston or Miami in the 1st round, for this example let's just say Miami in the 1st, so if we beat them then we would have to face Boston in the 2nd barring a pretty big upset by Philly. If we get Boston round 1, then it would be the winner of Miami Philly.

Last edited:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
If you were watching back in 99 during our playoff run you would remember when we beat Miami as the 8th seed we didn't face the best remaining team in the 2nd round (#2 Indiana) we faced the 4th seed Hawks, who we swept 4-0 while Indiana had to play the 3rd seed that year, then after we beat Atlanta we played and beat Indiana in the Eastern Finals.

Thanks Papz... It's been a long time since the Knicks were in the playoffs & I honestly forgot how the playoffs worked. Thanks for the correction though. Makes the 6th seed even more important because the 76ers are a team that can upset an aging Boston team. Slim to none; but possible.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Thanks Papz... It's been a long time since the Knicks were in the playoffs & I honestly forgot how the playoffs worked. Thanks for the correction though. Makes the 6th seed even more important because the 76ers are a team that can upset an aging Boston team. Slim to none; but possible.

Yeah it true, it has been so long since they been in it I had to double check just to make sure I was right and they havent changed it since 99.

Im cool with either seed, just want to face Miami thats what I want, regardless if we end up 6th or 7th.