Does Brewer getting a 3 year deal mean we definitely made a mistake?

WOW? Shocked he was signed for a long term deal. I'm not going to pretend I saw a lot of this kid, but he must have plenty to offer. I hope this guy Brown is a surprise...

iSaYughh

Starter
No.

a la AR having a good game, in times where it is increasingly difficult to do so, you are looking for a reason to sensationize anything that can construed as a negative; which in turn can be used to harangue our coach.

Your emotions are getting the best of you.

Teams make bad signings all the time; more often than not, actually.

Brewer is chump change, his release was peanuts, his signing more irrelevant than a NYK press release updating us on how much Eddie Curry's morning shit weighed, in metrics.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Brewer has a few of the intangibles that alot of players dont have so he is a player that could help win championships. The thing is, he wants to be somewhere he can grow into possibly being "The Man" instead of a key role player and that wasnt going to happen here. Its not like he was proving himself to be the man in minnesota so I dont know why he put himself on that pedestal. I guess he is lookin for the money and not the win... SMH

No.

a la AR having a good game, in times where it is increasingly difficult to do so, you are looking for a reason to sensationize anything that can construed as a negative; which in turn can be used to harangue our coach.

Your emotions are getting the best of you.

Teams make bad signings all the time; more often than not, actually.

Brewer is chump change, his release was peanuts, his signing more irrelevant than a NYK press release updating us on how much Eddie Curry's morning shit weighed, in metrics.

Dude. Trust me. I dont need to go into stealth mode to post my displeasure about MDA. If I got something to say about MDA I have no problem at all posting it.

I was genuinely surprised this kid got three years when everybody else is getting extended to the end of the season only. I'm also hoping Brown surprises us Knick fans. Enough of a surprise that we wont miss whatever Brewer gives the Mavs.

I posted my thoughts on AR. If he blows up, MDA has to give me a threepeat...

moneyg

Starter
WOW? Shocked he was signed for a long term deal. I'm not going to pretend I saw a lot of this kid, but he must have plenty to offer. I hope this guy Brown is a surprise...

the only thing it tells you is that..... we willl not be able to get tyson chandler.. cuban will overpay for him...

Do I really need to be the voice of reason on this thread.

The reason we didnt sign the guy is because of the fact he actually has usable skill

and Walsh is in no position to sign any body at this particular moment being that

A) new CBA

B) our money is invested in stars

C) chris paul deron williams and dwight howard

D) if we did offer brewer a contract ( which we may have ) no way his agent takes a nonsense offer for the rest of this year.

Basically it came down to he wasnt good enough to warrent big money
and isnt bad enough to accept a BS contract.

end of story

we had to let him go.

The reason we didnt sign the guy is because of the fact he actually has usable skill

and Walsh is in no position to sign any body at this particular moment being that

A) new CBA

D) if we did offer brewer a contract ( which we may have ) no way his agent takes a nonsense offer for the rest of this year.

end of story

we had to let him go.

But we didnt need to sign him he was already under contract with us. I think...

tiger0330

Legend
The mistake was not getting s**t out of the deal with MN. Why did we give up Moz and Koufos to Denver, why didn't Walsh insist on getting Koufos instead of Brewer to make up for sending Moz to them.

I am sure that Brewer had some idea that Dallas wanted to sign him to a multi-year deal and that is why he got his buyout from Walsh, probably bought him out for peanuts because he knew he was going to sign with them.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer

A) new CBA

end of story

we had to let him go.

Exactly. Brewer wanted the kind of minutes that we weren't going to give him. Everyone mentions his defense and hustle, but what makes you think he'd be playing his heart out for a team that gives him 10-15 minutes a night instead of the 20-30 he wants?

I just hope it's true that we bought him out for very little compared to what we would have paid him over the year if we hadn't. Then it turns out to be a bit of good business for all parties involved. He gets to go where he is appreciated, we get more cap space and don't have to pay a guy that wasn't really going to figure into our plans in a big way.

STAT1

Starter
Too bad we didn't have Brewer to guard Baron Davis on that last dagger shot. Jeffries gave him way too much room, a big shot maker like Baron's gonna make that shot everytime. If he's not gonna play suffocating defense then he has no purpose out on the floor at all.

Man, this is horrible. These guys dont respect us at all. Pat Riley would have told Oak and Mas to handle that situation. Who is MDA going to tell? Jeffries? Shawn Williams? We are entirely to soft and to small right now...

Too bad we didn't have Brewer to guard Baron Davis on that last dagger shot. Jeffries gave him way too much room, a big shot maker like Baron's gonna make that shot everytime. If he's not gonna play suffocating defense then he has no purpose out on the floor at all.

Yea we needed something. I'm not sure Brewer even helps. The Cavs play very loose when they see us on the other side of the court. I understand they have nothing to lose, but we gotta make these cats pay blood, sweat and tears next time we see them...

In my eyes, DerekHarper explained the Brewer situation perfectly, as did Sons of Thunder.

If the Knicks really did buy out Brewer's contract, for much less than what we would have paid him this year, it's a great move in terms of moving forward into next years offseason & maybe even 2012's. I'm not saying that this year isn't important - because it is, but we're still a couple pieces away (C) from winning a championship unless we get hot as hot can be during the playoffs. With Fields & Melo @ SG/SF, Brewer would have faced limited minutes. I also have high hopes that Fields can turn into a great hustle defender. Thats what I miss most from Starks @ the 2G position; the ability to clamp down on D.

Walsh has a plan. He got us out of cap hell, landed us two elite superstars, a great veteran leader @ the PG position, drafted the most productive Knicks rookie in Fields since god knows when & is currently working on another plan as of right now. The best of the Walsh plan & the Knicks future has yet to come.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer

Absolutely not, we cut this kid as a favor because he wasn't going to get any playing time here anyway. And also the fact that Walsh couldn't give him a long term deal because we need the cap space with the new CBA.