Where does Amare and Melo rank in the top 10 players in the NBA

JohnBoy11

Banned
With the Knicks new addition of Melo Amare and Philly Stackz as a fan where do these players rank out of Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Howard, CP3, Rose, DWill, Rubio, Gasol, etc.

My list via my friend HighFlyingJets

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Melo
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Amare
7. Wade
8. Rubio
9. Rose
10. CP3

close 10th Philly Stackz, Gasol, Deron Williams, and Ginobli

Whats your list?? :peace:

With the Knicks new addition of Melo Amare and Philly Stackz as a fan where do these players rank out of Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Howard, CP3, Rose, DWill, Rubio, Gasol, etc.

My list via my friend HighFlyingJets

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Melo
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Amare
7. Wade
8. Rubio
9. Rose
10. CP3

close 10th Philly Stackz, Gasol, Deron Williams, and Ginobli

Whats your list?? :peace:

OK I'll bite after you explain to me how the heck you have Rubio on a list of top ten NBA players and he's yet to play in the NBA...

JohnBoy11

Banned
OK I'll bite after you explain to me how the heck you have Rubio on a list of top ten NBA players and he's yet to play in the NBA...

From my mentor and advisor HighFlyingJets, Rubio wants to be a knick and will EXCEL in this system. He's the future. Watch Im telling you man.

Rubio will be a passing Rose. And the Knicks need Marc Gasol as well. After that a championship is bound. After Miami is exposed.

JohnBoy11

Banned
I'd add Landry Fields as an honorable mention.

He's just like Tim Tebow, he just wins games.

Go Dolphins!

Landry is pretty sweet man. Everytime I go to games im always yellin HEYO LANDDRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Since he's from St. Petes , Florida. Hard grind out there.

Tim Tebow? Eh maybe for like the Rob Gronkowski, always clutch, though needs polish.

LeBron may be more talented as of right now, & has the youth over Bryant, but until someone beats Bryant on a consistant basis, I'm going with Kobe.

Carmelo has led the Nuggets to the playoffs every year he's been in the league. 7 consecutive seasons in a row with 20+ pts per/7 trips to the playoffs in an extremely tough Westen Conf. Durant is great, elite great; but I still need to see another 2-3 years of Durant leading the Thunder before ranking him above Carmelo.

Kobe
LeBron
Carmelo
Howard
Wade
Durant
Stoudemire
Rose
D-Will
CP3

I seen first hand how Amare can dominate. Already set the Knicks franchise record for most consecutive games with 30+ poimts. Rose may be the front runner for MVP, but Amare is also in the running. Rose also had much more talent on the Bulls before Amare got help with Melo. I rank Amare slightly below both Wade & Durant & slightly ahead of all 3 PG's. Not by much though. Rose gets my vote over D-Will and a 'not the same' unhappy Chris Paul.

Thats my top 10 with Love as my 11th

LeBron may be more talented as of right now, & has the youth over Bryant, but until someone beats Bryant on a consistant basis, I'm going with Kobe.

Carmelo has led the Nuggets to the playoffs every year he's been in the league. 7 consecutive seasons in a row with 20+ pts per/7 trips to the playoffs in an extremely tough Westen Conf. Durant is great, elite great; but I still need to see another 2-3 years of Durant leading the Thunder before ranking him above Carmelo.

Kobe
LeBron
Carmelo
Howard
Wade
Durant
Stoudemire
Rose
D-Will
CP3

I seen first hand how Amare can dominate. Already set the Knicks franchise record for most consecutive games with 30+ poimts. Rose may be the front runner for MVP, but Amare is also in the running. Rose also had much more talent on the Bulls before Amare got help with Melo. I rank Amare slightly below both Wade & Durant & slightly ahead of all 3 PG's. Not by much though. Rose gets my vote over D-Will and a 'not the same' unhappy Chris Paul.

Thats my top 10 with Love as my 11th

How the hell is Stoudemire ahead of Rose, D-Will, and CP3?

Carmelo doesn't have close to the all-around impact that Howard or other players have.

He's a great scorer, but I can't put him in my top 5 overall.

1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Kevin Durant
6. Chris Paul
7. Deron Williams
8. Derrick Rose
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Dirk Nowitzki

JohnBoy11

Banned
How the hell is Stoudemire ahead of Rose, D-Will, and CP3?

Carmelo doesn't have close to the all-around impact that Howard or other players have.

He's a great scorer, but I can't put him in my top 5 overall.

1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Kevin Durant
6. Chris Paul
7. Deron Williams
8. Derrick Rose
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Dirk Nowitzki

WRONG WRONG WRONG

its

1. Kobe
2. Melo
3. Lebron
4. Amare
5. Wade
6. CP3
7. Durant
8. Howard
9. Rubio
10. Dwill

JohnBoy11

Banned
I'm the biggest Rubio fan around these parts and believe me the kid has no place on a top 10 list when he hasn't played a single minute in the NBA. You can be the best in the world talent wise but until you go to the best league and prove yourself (ala Drazen Petrovic) then it doesn't matter.

If we're talking about putting Kobe top then I want to see Duncan, Shaq, Ginobli, etc on the list.

Pure talent?

LeBron
the rest.

There's only one man who is head and shoulders above everyone and sadly he "took his talents to South Beach", anyone else is arguable and don't tell me Wade deserves to be in the top 3 because he has the ring, if Shaq doesn't go to Miami, he doesn't get it.

Roy is more than comparable in talent for Wade but one had the right fit and the other didn't.

I've never understood this idea of a top 10 with players of different positions. Sure players like Jordan and LeBron can stand out a mile and Magic and Shaq, but that's different, they stand out because they're either freaks or they can do it all.

If you have a "top 5 pg" then there will still be disagreement and rightly so. My personal pg of choice is still Rondo because I like the pass first PG that can get the ball to his shooters or inside to his big men and Rondo does this better than most if not all. People will say I'm mad and that D-Will and CP3 are the only options but despite their talents neither have the ring. The counter to that is they haven't had the team Rondo has, but then you still have to win regardless, so it can go on and on.

There is no top 10, no stat can prove it, no games can prove it, only when they are done with their careers can we get a clearer picture, oh and guess what, we'll still be arguing then.

Have fun though, here's my two cents:

LeBron
Kobe
Duncan
Pierce
Allen
Rondo
Wade
Pau
Dwight
Roy

Roy misses out to Wade only by virtue of the ring. You'll notice all the players on my list have rings other than Dwight who would be the first piece I'd build a team around if I were trying to win one now that wasn't LeBron James, and Roy who I think is the most underrated player in the NBA and every bit as good as Wade. Had Greg Oden been Shaq, they'd be sitting with a Championship right now.
Your opinions are valid, mad respect. But No MELOOO? or AMAAREE? cmon now man thats just not right hahaa

Sorry I just feel soon he'll be a top 10 player on the Knicks. Rubio is just a champ, seen em in person. He's like a young Jerry West/Stockton.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I'm the biggest Rubio fan around these parts and believe me the kid has no place on a top 10 list when he hasn't played a single minute in the NBA. You can be the best in the world talent wise but until you go to the best league and prove yourself (ala Drazen Petrovic) then it doesn't matter.

If we're talking about putting Kobe top then I want to see Duncan, Shaq, Ginobli, etc on the list.

Pure talent?

LeBron
the rest.

There's only one man who is head and shoulders above everyone and sadly he "took his talents to South Beach", anyone else is arguable and don't tell me Wade deserves to be in the top 3 because he has the ring, if Shaq doesn't go to Miami, he doesn't get it.

Roy is more than comparable in talent for Wade but one had the right fit and the other didn't.

I've never understood this idea of a top 10 with players of different positions. Sure players like Jordan and LeBron can stand out a mile and Magic and Shaq, but that's different, they stand out because they're either freaks or they can do it all.

If you have a "top 5 pg" then there will still be disagreement and rightly so. My personal pg of choice is still Rondo because I like the pass first PG that can get the ball to his shooters or inside to his big men and Rondo does this better than most if not all. People will say I'm mad and that D-Will and CP3 are the only options but despite their talents neither have the ring. The counter to that is they haven't had the team Rondo has, but then you still have to win regardless, so it can go on and on.

There is no top 10, no stat can prove it, no games can prove it, only when they are done with their careers can we get a clearer picture, oh and guess what, we'll still be arguing then.

Have fun though, here's my two cents:

Kobe
Shaq
Duncan
Ginobli
Pierce
Allen
Rondo
Wade
Pau

Dwight/Roy/Wade/Melo/CP3 (minus injury)

Talent only takes you so far, you need that intangible and until you've won the ring, you're not the best around, if you win 5 and you can still get it done, you're the man.

Roy misses out to Wade only by virtue of the ring. You'll notice all the players on my list have rings other than Dwight who would be the first piece I'd build a team around if I were trying to win one now that wasn't LeBron James.

Last edited:

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Your opinions are valid, mad respect. But No MELOOO? or AMAAREE? cmon now man thats just not right hahaa

Sorry I just feel soon he'll be a top 10 player on the Knicks. Rubio is just a champ, seen em in person. He's like a young Jerry West/Stockton.

Finished my list and explained why.