Since the trade: The Knicks have held the Heat, Hornets & Hawks all under 90 pts!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
& sorry StreetDreams but you nor any other Knicks fan can quote on quote 'rain on my parade'. The Knicks recent success this year has been my so called parade. It's a feel good feeling. I remember loving the Knicks of the 90's (since 92 to be exact) like no tomorrow. I'm feeling like a kid again. Haven't been to the playoffs since 2000 freakin' 4. We're on the verge of heading into the playoffs with two of the NBA's top 10 stars. We have the most explosive offensive attack in all of basketball. Fields is the most productive Knicks rookie since god knows when? Billups is the most experienced playoff leader @ the Point since who? Derek Harper right. We also have a strong 6th man in Douglas coming off the bench. I hear way too much MDA & Knicks hate/doubt around here. I'm not shy to say that I love this Knicks team. I'm not embarrased to admit that I'm 25 years of age & this teams brings the kid out of me. I'm not scared to believe in this team come playoff time either. We did it in 99 as the 8th seed.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade bruh, I'm just being realistic.

I understand that we have great pieces yes, but we have yet to play defense night in and night out. So when you say our defense is getting better, yes you are right, but it is not CONSISTENCY. The 1994 Knicks was one of the greatest defensive teams of all time, and held opponents to 91.5 PPG, which is pretty damn amazing.

Now I'm in no way saying that we must get to that level, but we have a ways to go, and this team isn't really complete yet. Our bench lacks consistency as well (but they are improving) and I don't even think we have a finished product out in the court right now. We still need a defensive starting center and we need to get some chemistry together, and with the massive stretch of games we have, we have to obtain that chemistry on the court, not during practice, and I clearly remember Billups saying in an interview during the Hawks game, that's really hard to do.

I'm only being realistic. Are we a threat to the upper seeds come playoff time? Absolutely. Are we a lock for the Conference championship/NBA Finals? No.

mafra

Legend
Since the trade... UTAH is 2-8. So much for the thinking that Harris-Favors would becoem the next Stockton-Malone. OH, and meanwhile DEN is one of the hottest teams in the NBA.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Well we're 3-1 against playoff teams that we've faced so far, and all the sub-90 games were against those playoff teams. We were on track for a similar performance against Orlando, another playoff team, if it wasn't for Nelson's 4th-quarter explosion.

yeah that pissed me off lol

douglas will get it back from him