Shelden Williams Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
OLD THREAD EDITED TODAY Sep 14

I want big Shel back in NYC.

Burn Mason and Rautins and add the beef.

NYKPLAYERPROFILE_13williamsV2.jpg

6'9" - 250 Pounds

4.6 PPG
5.0 RPG
9.4 MPG as a Knick - Averaged 17+ in Denver.

- Big paint presence.
- Plays hard defence.
- Loves to bang - don't we all.
- Looks like a Chernobyl mishap.
- $900K+ Remaining on an expiring contract.

What do we have here?

He's the D'antoni antithesis. The D'Antithesis!

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
bump, i loved the way this dude played in the past 2 games provides us with some extra D and toughness; which are needs! we have a good 11 players who can be rotation normals i hope D'Antoni uses them and expands the rotation

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
He just needs some confidence. When he does get minutes hes lookin lost and cant get in the game flow. Once his confidence rises, so will his minutes and stats. Just takes a lil time.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
I didn't even realize he had such an impressive collegiate pedigree. It seems like we've gotten some gems in this trade with Carter and Williams. Balkman to provide comic relief. Hell, even Billups was overlooked by most.

Considering how badly we need a big body in the paint, hopefully Williams can recover some of his college form especially in the blocks department.

STAT1

Starter
I'm happy MDA finally gave this guy a shot, it was clear he could help us off the bench to grab some boards & he's done that.

KDog13

Rookie
He was the only guy besides Melo n Billups I wanted to see. He is a good rebounder which we need, glad he is showing his skills off.

Thank god for Anthony Carter too, he is doing everything good.

I'll admit, I was not a fan of Shelden Williams once I found he landed with the Knicks. He's a big man thats for sure. Looks as if he's able to bang & rebound out there. I'd like to see more of Williams down low. Anyone know his age & contract situation? If he can start to block shots he could become a steal for us. He's what we need for the time being... Which has been a big body.

I like Turiaf as a high energy guy. Would rather see him backing up Amare @ the PF position. I really love the addition of Jeffries but thats for another thread. If Williams works out as a productive big man, I wouldn't mind Jeffries/Williams & Amare/Turiaf as our 4 big men for the time being. D.Brown I haven't seen enough of to have any thoughts.

Lmfao @ the KFFQ post. Imagine how many posts he would have had by now, probably at least 4,000 lol. That whole month of March was nuts. :teeth:

TakMan

Rotation player
Lmfao @ the KFFQ post. Imagine how many posts he would have had by now, probably at least 4,000 lol. That whole month of March was nuts. :teeth:

I think he deserves a thread of his own. Maybe his best quotes, arguments, and accusations in one big thread. Also I move that we reinstate him during every lockout, on a rolling contract (basically until each lockout ends) in order to make this forum appear busy.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think he deserves a thread of his own. Maybe his best quotes, arguments, and accusations in one big thread. Also I move that we reinstate him during every lockout, on a rolling contract (basically until each lockout ends) in order to make this forum appear busy.

Give us something to aim our pent up angst at. What a fruit.:lol: