Knicks @ Mavs-3-10-11: Suck on This Chuck!

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I swear they cheatin, Chandler is supposed to be fouled out. Then they call a loose ball foul on melo. That was our run right there!

We had our chances. If only we could have got the lead under 10 that would have been all the momentum in the world. At least I seen something in this team tonight... The ability to fight with no quit what so ever. 7th game in 10 nights was an extremely tough stretch. Playing .600 since the trade is good basektball especially putting into account the teams & road games we've played. Sweep the Pacers in the home & away & we're well on our way to the playoffs

KingofNy

Starter
once again stop comparing him to balkman and rautins... brewer feeds off loose balls, hustle plays, fast breaks - he deff plays hard but u see at times hes reckless and swipes at every ball - fouls... he cant create for himself either... dude wasn't goin to prosper under dantoni anyways, despiite his "potential", i rather have a roger mason over him on the team... if ur not goin to use him than theres not point in leaving him on the bench discontent and ruining chemistry... but again everybody plays good after they leave the knicks, its a phenomena

Like I said earlier believe what you want. The guy averages 13 points a game and almost 2 steals in less than 20 mins a game and can play D and force turnovers and fastbreaks. How does it matter how he scores and gets his steals.

Your point in bold is exactly why we got rid of him...Because Antoni didn't like him and he was going to cast him to Dumbtoni Island like every other good player he sent their for seasons upon seasons. On top of all this he was a restricted free agent this offseason and could of been used as a trade piece. But I'm sure you'll come up with a way to try and discount that also.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Like it's MDA's fault we shot 34 % from the field... You all are blind sometimes.

Good defense does that... We increased the amount of possessions, and got burned by it. SSOL works for the other team, too... We couldn't hit shots, we were tired...

It was a bad loss, but whether you lose by 1 or 30, it is still only one loss.

We need to pick up the defensive intensity, of course, but this team will not match up well with large framed teams like the Mavs.

mafra

Legend
I was going to post that we lost b/c our offense let us down (again); how Carmelo had an off night. Then I stopped, gathered myself and realized that Dal currently has 123 on the board.

Aren't people tired of this crap?

We lost tonight b/c of effort- there was none. I can understand if you're tired, but no matter how many games you play in a week... That doesn't excuse you from trying.

If we boxed out we win this game. Dal, like Cle before, just demolished us on the offensive glass. All those 2nd points are killers when you allow the team to shoot 80% of something.

Sean Williams was a disaster on defense. It was beyond bad. Almost as if Cuban slipped him 100 grand. I love the bball gods, and they shove Brewer right in our face... On a night Jeffries was terrible (once again).

Right now, Philly is .5 behind us. Lol. Dantnoi can't have this team any better than trying to hold off Philly? Lol. He's had plenty of talent this season. If MD was coaching Philly, they would be 10-55 right now.

This coach is not a good fit for this team. The offense has no movement. One pass and dribble or chuck a 3. It's so obvious we're watching the end of the MD era. He really should have taken that Chi gig, and we would have thibby?

Most league scouts and execs agree... We don't have the players to run MD's system, and NY won't stand for 127 points every night. After we get swept by Mia... MD will get fired. Well, maybe we lose 4-1.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I was going to post that we lost b/c our offense let us down (again); how Carmelo had an off night. Then I stopped, gathered myself and realized that Dal currently has 123 on the board.

Aren't people tired of this crap?

We lost tonight b/c of effort- there was none. I can understand if you're tired, but no matter how many games you play in a week... That doesn't excuse you from trying.

If we boxed out we win this game. Dal, like Cle before, just demolished us on the offensive glass. All those 2nd points are killers when you allow the team to shoot 80% of something.

Sean Williams was a disaster on defense. It was beyond bad. Almost as if Cuban slipped him 100 grand. I love the bball gods, and they shove Brewer right in our face... On a night Jeffries was terrible (once again).

Right now, Philly is .5 behind us. Lol. Dantnoi can't have this team any better than trying to hold off Philly? Lol. He's had plenty of talent this season. If MD was coaching Philly, they would be 10-55 right now.

This coach is not a good fit for this team. The offense has no movement. One pass and dribble or chuck a 3. It's so obvious we're watching the end of the MD era. He really should have taken that Chi gig, and we would have thibby?

Most league scouts and execs agree... We don't have the players to run MD's system, and NY won't stand for 127 points every night. After we get swept by Mia... MD will get fired. Well, maybe we lose 4-1.

I had to turn it off with a couple minutes left... didn't see the final score. 127 points??? Ouch.

Defense was an afterthought again tonight. We gave of too many points in the paint to a team thats the worst in the NBA scoring in the paint. Way too many offensive rebounds.

I dont understand why we cant go big on a team like this being that Marion has no outside game at all.

Sheldon Williams
Jeffries/Turiaf
STAT SF
Melo SG
Douglas PG

When you're getting blown out like that its obvious what your doing isnt working. Change it up a bit.

TakMan

Rotation player
Would be interesting to see how the Knicks would compete if this was game 3 of the last 7. Regardless this is not a bad loss. Played the West's 2nd best -and a great defensive team-at the end of a hectic 10 days and had them feeling nervous at the start of the 4th. Fields was probably our best player and Stoudamire continued to impress offensively. The only aspect of the game that frustrated me was 2nd chance points allowed. This has got to end. Other than that, it was a very decent attempt which has reinforced my belief that the Knicks are now a team to be taken seriously. Looking at the schedule it appears we don't play the Cavs until early April so we can still get a decent winning streak going this month.

KingofNy

Starter
After watching this game, most Knick fans can conclude that Mike D'antoni isn't the right coach for this team.

+1

I've concluded that months ago. This game merely just accentuated all the knocks against him...And there's a bunch. I honestly think Antoni knows he's gone unless we start playing D so he's doing everything he can now to keep his job. We we're hot the last few games... But's it's how we play in the games when we're not hot that truly show you how good your coach is and today he was borderline terrible. No adjustments, mismanaged the rotation, never had us crashing the boards... just plain bad.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
The only telling part of this game was the second chance points, we are getting murdered on the offensive glass we HAVE to get a rebounding center this offseason. Other than that this was just a bad game, we were exhausted and STAT's jumper was off tonight but we're going to get some rest and have Chauncy back on Sunday(hopefully)

KingofNy

Starter
Defense was an afterthought again tonight. We gave of too many points in the paint to a team thats the worst in the NBA scoring in the paint. Way too many offensive rebounds.

I dont understand why we cant go big on a team like this being that Marion has no outside game at all.

Sheldon Williams
Jeffries/Turiaf
STAT SF
Melo SG
Douglas PG

When you're getting blown out like that its obvious what your doing isnt working. Change it up a bit.

I agree. When has Antoni EVER gone big? Going big for Antoni is not having 1 guy over 6'10 on the floor.

Last edited:

TakMan

Rotation player
Also I'm gonna add bench points to the equation. What a difference that made. When Billups returns this should enhance both our attacking and defensive style of play. I reckon Shelden Williams should have been given a look in tonight's game. He could not have been worse at grabbing the board than the rest of them.