Who are your NBA 2k11 New York Knicks?

smokes

Huge Member
So I know I'm like 6 months late with this topic but I just started playing this a few days back as I got a new laptop :)

I'm always curious what kinda trades people like to make to customize our Knicks team. I haven't started playing association yet but I'm playing My Player and I gotta say it's a huuuuuuge step up from last year. Really enjoying it.

So I rolled with an athletic center hoping to get onto the Knicks. I got drafted by Milwaukee and requested a trade to the Knicks after 10 games. I'm not sure exactly what the Knicks gave up but Fields was one of them. But we got Michael Redd!

So my Knicks team is:

Billups
Redd
Melo
Stat
Me! (i'm averaging like 20/10 and 3 blocks :lol:)

We are joint first with Chicago and Miami 35 games in. Had some epic games too, double overtime win over Oklahoma (1st in the west), game winner from Billups against the Celtics, made a game winning block on Lebron too :D

Share your NBA 2k11 stories here, if anyone is still interested in this game :teeth:

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I play the real rosters, I try to keep it as much of a sim as possible.

I just started playing again but my shot does not fall anymore, I dont even rim it, its always short. I love this game but sometimes its a little ridiculous how hard it is to hit a shot. Is there an easier way?

STAT1

Starter
i put the settings on Real Player %, that way the true scorers score & the scrubs shoot up bricks, like they would in real life. But if you prefer playing shot stick timing, then just practice you just have to release the shot at the peak of your vertical, you'll get the hang of it. Using the shot feedback feature will help you get the timing down.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
i put the settings on Real Player %, that way the true scorers score & the scrubs shoot up bricks, like they would in real life. But if you prefer playing shot stick timing, then just practice you just have to release the shot at the peak of your vertical, you'll get the hang of it. Using the shot feedback feature will help you get the timing down.

Im a little old school so I just switched to controls so Box is to shoot. Wheres the shot feedback feature? I tried to tweak with the settings when I first got the game, but havent played in a month because of my work hours and the knicks games taking up my night.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Sorry to bother you STAT1 but any help is great because I like how realistic the game is but I mean I cant hit a shot some games. I was like 2-7 in my season when I decided to start over.

STAT1

Starter
Im a little old school so I just switched to controls so Box is to shoot. Wheres the shot feedback feature? I tried to tweak with the settings when I first got the game, but havent played in a month because of my work hours and the knicks games taking up my night.

I try to use the right shot stick as much as possible it gives you better control over the type of shot you wanna take & I personally find it helps to get your shot timing better as well.

The shot feedback feature is:
Options-My NBA Settings-Presentation (scroll down towards the bottom where it says Jump Shot Feedback - set it to ON if you wanna see that little green or red shot graphic at the top of your screen everytime you take a shot in the game based on how well you timed your shot)

STAT1

Starter
Sorry to bother you STAT1 but any help is great because I like how realistic the game is but I mean I cant hit a shot some games. I was like 2-7 in my season when I decided to start over.

No problem, yeah the game can get frustrating at times, the computer seems unbeatable in some games, no matter what I try, who I play or what kind of defensive sets I run.

I was always an NBA live fan growing up. Played 2k11 @ my nephews & liked it but how's the NBA live? Thinking about getting a PS3 & NBA live tomorrow to play online. Been about 2+3 years since I've played so I'!l be rusty for a while.

smokes

Huge Member

Another thing you can try is going into practice and try out different jumpshots until you find one that suits you. I find the default one pretty nice but I know some people prefer a real quick release. You can change the players jump shot in the edit screen.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I was always an NBA live fan growing up. Played 2k11 @ my nephews & liked it but how's the NBA live? Thinking about getting a PS3 & NBA live tomorrow to play online. Been about 2+3 years since I've played so I'!l be rusty for a while.

There was no NBA LIVE this year. EA changed the franchise name this year to NBA ELITE but it was never released because the demo was HORRIBLE!!! So they canceled it for this year. There were rumors of it being released this MArch but I doubt it.

Thats horrible news. NBA Live was always light years better than 2K. I still remember playing NBA live from 94-98 on the PS1, after that... It was all about the PS2 for me. Loved the dunk contest & 3 point shoot outs & the game play was always nice. Great memories of playing Madden & NBA Live with friends & family. NBA live better come back stronger than ever, well at least I hope they do.

smokes

Huge Member
Thats horrible news. NBA Live was always light years better than 2K. I still remember playing NBA live from 94-98 on the PS1, after that... It was all about the PS2 for me. Loved the dunk contest & 3 point shoot outs & the game play was always nice. Great memories of playing Madden & NBA Live with friends & family. NBA live better come back stronger than ever, well at least I hope they do.

Dude trust me 2k is MILES AHEAD of NBA Live and has been for like 3 years now. Don't go buy an older NBA Live or something get 2k11 I guarantee you won't be disappointed. There was a thread on these forums before a couple of weeks before it came out with a load of chat about the features and stuff.

I think it's one of the best sports games ever alongside FIFA 11.

At the start of the season my team was:

Westbrook
Sefolosha
Chandler
STAT
Turiaf

Starting a new game with the trade deadline rosters my team is:

Billups
Fields
Melo
STAT
Dalembert

Played a couple of games in coach mode to see how they do and both teams were beasting!

I was second in the East 2 games behind Miami with 32 to go with the first roster.

I'm currently leading the conference afer 12 games with a 11-1 record with the second roster.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
No problem, yeah the game can get frustrating at times, the computer seems unbeatable in some games, no matter what I try, who I play or what kind of defensive sets I run.

Yeah its frustrating but still the best basketball game ive played since NBA Live 96 for Genesis. No joke haha. Im going to change the settings sometime this weekend and mess around with the jumper. I cant play today because im going to the Blake Show vs. The Prokhorov NYETS tonight. Got baseline seats for 20 bucks now they are 100, Amen to Stubhub Pre-Dwilliams ERA.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

Yeah I was the same way, grew up always playing Live on Genisis and then Play Station with brothers and friends but the last time I played a Live game it was horrible, havent bought a NBA game in a few years until 2K11 this year and it blows any other NBA games Ive played out the water, you wont be disappointed.

Toons

is the Bo$$
So I know I'm like 6 months late with this topic but I just started playing this a few days back as I got a new laptop :)

I'm always curious what kinda trades people like to make to customize our Knicks team. I haven't started playing association yet but I'm playing My Player and I gotta say it's a huuuuuuge step up from last year. Really enjoying it.

So I rolled with an athletic center hoping to get onto the Knicks. I got drafted by Milwaukee and requested a trade to the Knicks after 10 games. I'm not sure exactly what the Knicks gave up but Fields was one of them. But we got Michael Redd!

So my Knicks team is:

Billups
Redd
Melo
Stat
Me! (i'm averaging like 20/10 and 3 blocks :lol:)

We are joint first with Chicago and Miami 35 games in. Had some epic games too, double overtime win over Oklahoma (1st in the west), game winner from Billups against the Celtics, made a game winning block on Lebron too :D

Share your NBA 2k11 stories here, if anyone is still interested in this game :teeth:

i picked iverson up off waivers, traded iverson, azubuike, and turiaf and a first rounder for marc gasol and thabeet. memphis accepted the trade so i have

billups.....douglas
fields......walker
melo....williams
stat....jefferies
gasol....thabeet

we beat the heat in the finals, and played houstin (healthy yao, scola, kmart) in the championship, won 4-1

I dare you guys to put the game on the hardest level possible & play a whole season. Thats how I'm gonna do it. Even if I go 12-70 my first season, it'll help me improve in major ways. Cant wait to get the PS3 & 2K11 tonight;