Knicks V Pacers - Mar 13 + 15: Home And Away Double Thread Special

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think It started with the losses to cleveland first. The pacers series should just be the icing on the cake!

Can't argue with you there. But the Pacers losses were so close together. Sunday and then Tuesday? People were leaving The Garden like "ahhh man, tough loss....but we'll get em on Tuesday" and then Tuesday happens. What now? We'll get 'em April 10th?

la2ny

Starter
Well on the bright side of things the 7th seed might not be as bad of a thing as some of you are thinking. Just thought maybe were tanking....

nuckles2k2

Superstar
What I said, still in the 6th seed but I hope the part about peaking in April comes true.

Even if the team is peaking and MDA decides to micromanage games in the playoffs, it can be extremely tough. Sometimes I can't tell if he's trying too hard or not trying at all.

But the accountability issues have nothing to do with peaking or not peaking....I think some people are too hung up on winning and losing and not paying as close attention to how the team is getting these wins and losses.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Maybe it seems incomprehensible to some of you guys, but first of all I would like to write about some positive thing that happened last night. Carmelo has been shooting 50% for the first time since the trade and even if the Pacers are simply not among the contenders or even playoffs teams, we should be satisfied with #7 making progress and improving his accuracy.
And now some bitter words about the negative side of our play. Billups seems he lost his self-confidence on our team, probably he'll be back to what he played before his injury but he can't (and doesn't) give his absence as an excuse. I see Toney understood he has to take over Chauncey's role at the moment, probably that's why he played much better in the 2nd half, he knows we count on him if Billups isn't ready to play 100%.
Another thing is the staff has to explain Carmelo how to avoid offensive fouls, because it seems even I could draw a charge to deny him.
And last but not least, I don't understad why MDA didn't call a timeout with 24 seconds left and just 1 point down, calling timeout in this kind of situation is one of the coaching fundamentals...

mafra

Legend
Well on the bright side of things the 7th seed might not be as bad of a thing as some of you are thinking. Just thought maybe were tanking....

While I agree that playing CHI is better than MIA... CHI's coach will run circles around ours, and that the majority of that team has been in the playoff trenches together before...

MAKE NO MISTAKE about it... The Miami Heat will be a feral beast to tame... no doubt.

Our only luck will be to hang on Game 1 or 2, hope for a close one, and hope they make mistakes down the stretch and miss a shot... COme home from MIA 1-1 split.

BUT, home court hasn't helped this year against CLE/INDY, and we all know Lebron and Wade cherish the MSG atmosphere... SO, we're at the mercy of 2 things: our bench and our 3-point shooting.

MAYBE the planets align though and we get hot.. Maybe we get it to 2-2 and somehow force another split and wind up in Game 7.

THEN, maybe LJ is cold, or Carmelo is hot. Anything goes.

STILL... see what just happened to LA & SA... MIAMI will not go quietly into the night...

Not sure how anyone could actually use the Knicks landing Carmelo Anthony over D-Will as a sign of D'Antoni getting fired this offseason... Thats an off the wall comment for sure. Also 100% false.

Carmelo has been talking about playing for NY dating back to his Syracuse days as a Freshman. We all knew Melo dreamed of playing for the Knicks & we all knew NY would go after Carmelo Anthony with guns blazing.

When the Knicks signed Amare this offseason, before LeBron James even signed with Miami; Amare Stoudemire made it known that even if we didn't land LeBron, he had both Tony Parker & Carmelo Anthony ready to join forces with the Knicks during the summer of 2010-2011.

To make that off the wall comment even worse... The Jazz never even had Williams on the open market until after Carmelo landed with the Knicks.

When fans start to use NY landing a top 5 superstar in Carmelo over Williams as a sign of MDA losing his job; you just know the blind hatred is at an all time high.