Knicks V Pacers - Mar 13 + 15: Home And Away Double Thread Special

KingofNy

Starter
How much of your own cash would you give up if it meant Antoni would be fired tomorrow? I think I'd easily drop a grand on it. And I'm not rich by any means but it would be worth it to not have to be frustrated nightly because our coach doesn't have a clue at how to run a team.

Our Coaching staff consists of 4 offensive coordinators that all share the same philosophy and 1 guy that knows defense but really has no say (Herb). I will jump for joy the day that Antoni is sent packing.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, could somebody tell me why the game started much earlier than at 6:00PM? I missed almost entire 1st half...

TakMan

Rotation player
It's not as if the players are making an effort on this one. I've seen slugs with better movement.

mafra

Legend
How much of your own cash would you give up if it meant Antoni would be fired tomorrow? I think I'd easily drop a grand on it. And I'm not rich by any means but it would be worth it to not have to be frustrated nightly because our coach doesn't have a clue at how to run a team.

Our Coaching staff consists of 4 offensive coordinators that all share the same philosophy and 1 guy that knows defense but really has no say (Herb). I will jump for joy the day that Antoni is sent packing.

At least we wouldnt have to stomach 6-24 from 3-point range. 7 assists and allowing 85 points thru 3 quarters.

Everyone knew the Knicks would struggle here & there after the trade. It's only been 11 games. The goal is to gel as much as possible for the playoffs. Once the playoffs start it's a new season.

No excuses if we lose tonight. But the players deserve just as much blame as MDA because when the players play good it's not because of MDA. When the players play bad it's because of MDA. Face it... You all hate MDA and have no ability of talking basketball without killing the "coach".

Come on NY 10 pt game with 10 mins left! Cut it from 17 to 10 in a matter of minutes. Push for a STRONG run!

Sorry for giving you guys a hard time in the gameday thread. Cant blame you all for being mad just wish you would see all the good he's done as a coach & for the laughing stock Knicks before taking the job

mafra

Legend
Everyone knew the Knicks would struggle here & there after the trade. It's only been 11 games. The goal is to gel as much as possible for the playoffs. Once the playoffs start it's a new season.

No excuses if we lose tonight. But the players deserve just as much blame as MDA because when the players play good it's not because of MDA. When the players play bad it's because of MDA. Face it... You all hate MDA and have no ability of talking basketball without killing the "coach".

Our starting Center has 0 points and 5 rebounds. OUr starting SG has 5 points, TD is 1-12 from the field (1-8 from downtown).

Where is Anthony Carter, Balkman or Shelden Williams? Carmelo had 20 at the half? Where has he been the 2nd half?

Coaches decide who plays and gets minutes. Determines the rotation.

The Big-3 have let us down for sure... But, MD's style is conducive to these types of games.

mafra

Legend
Come on NY 10 pt game with 10 mins left! Cut it from 17 to 10 in a matter of minutes. Push for a STRONG run!

Sorry for giving you guys a hard time in the gameday thread. Cant blame you all for being mad just wish you would see all the good he's done as a coach & for the laughing stock Knicks before taking the job

MD has 3 HOF players. DEF. 2. He's at home. He's getting killed by a scrub INDY team. If this is not an indictment on MD's philosophy... pray tell... what is?

WrongIslander

Rotation player

As I say while I don't agree with those who say he's definetly the right man for the job, he's doing his job as well as can be expected at the moment. He's got us going in the right direction and as long as we continue to improve this year then he's definetly deserving of his shot.

You can argue the merits of him stinking out the playoffs then being given another shot next year and that's a legit argument but at the moment what you are defending, well it isn't an argument. You don't fire a coach this close to the playoffs when he's finally been delivered something LIKE the team he was brought in to coach just because in the past his teams that weren't built to play lock down d, didn't.

Keep fighting the good fight man but remember, none of us are right about if he is the right man or not, just whether he deserves the chance to show us.

The fact that he deserves at the very least a chance to coach us in the playoffs, well that's just common sense, something a lot of his emotionally fuelled detractors seem to be severly lacking in.

mafra

Legend
Come on guys....redeem yourselves

You got heart kid. We aint winning this. We have 9 points from Amar'e-Melo in the 2nd half. NO WAY we get enough stops to win this game.

We'll go to INDY and get our split. BIg deal. First round loss coming no matter what. What joy... we get to watch MIA or CHI pound us.

Everyone knows we need a Center during the offseason. Yeah, blame MDA for our "Center" having zero points & now it's MDA's fault TD is 1-12 from the fields? You all...

mafra

Legend
Everyone knows we need a Center during the offseason. Yeah, blame MDA for our "Center" having zero points & now it's MDA's fault TD is 1-12 from the fields? You all...

We could sign Dwight Howard... Coach wont play him. He doesn't like a C. His offense has no use for a big body in the post. Where have you been? Darko and Randolph were ran out of town.

MD wants to run and shoot. He wants 25-30 3-point shots. Shoot ball as soon as you cross half court.

Wise man once said: "don't take the first shot you get, take the first good look you get."

Look, we know this... MD didn't get something out of nothing his first 2 years. He was in a bind, but he chose to play vets over youth. He went for wins. He failed to really shoot above expectations. FINE> But this year he would be judged. AND, so far, he's done little to impress.

3 years... third season he's failed to really "shock" people and exceed hopes.

OBVIOUSLY, he'll ultimately be judged by what happens in the playoffs. BUT, I think people are crazy to think we have any shot against CHI or MIA. Look what McRoberts-Hansbrough-Hibbert did to us. Imagine what Noah-Boozer-Gibson will do. Look at what Nelson did; not wait for ROSE> And forgot about stopping Wade-Lebron. That wont happen.

TakMan

Rotation player
One doesn't necessarily ask for a win game in game out; At least try to make it entertaining. Today the players are in contempt of the fans.

STAT1

Starter
As I say while I don't agree with those who say he's definetly the right man for the job, he's doing his job as well as can be expected at the moment. He's got us going in the right direction and as long as we continue to improve this year then he's definetly deserving of his shot.

You can argue the merits of him stinking out the playoffs then being given another shot next year and that's a legit argument but at the moment what you are defending, well it isn't an argument. You don't fire a coach this close to the playoffs when he's finally been delivered something LIKE the team he was brought in to coach just because in the past his teams that weren't built to play lock down d, didn't.

Keep fighting the good fight man but remember, none of us are right about if he is the right man or not, just whether he deserves the chance to show us.

The fact that he deserves at the very least a chance to coach us in the playoffs, well that's just common sense, something a lot of his emotionally fuelled detractors seem to be severly lacking in.

I agree you can't fire a coach this late in the season, we really have no choice but to bear with this coach & hope he can iron out the team defense issues. The type of performance we're watching tonight against a team that's trying to get ahead of us in the playoff standings is simply unacceptable.

IMO AC should have been playing over TD for much of the game he couldn't buy a shot from the perimeter I have no idea why he was kept in the game. Melo is playing out of control in the 4th & Billups looks real rusty in his 1st game back. Stat is getting owned by Hibbert defensively right now as well. This type of effort from our big 3 is not gonna get it done in the playoffs, regardless if MDA's our coach or not.