Knicks V Pacers - Mar 13 + 15: Home And Away Double Thread Special

STAT1

Starter
That Hansbrough dunk just put an exclamation point on this pathetic game. STAT threw one down & posed on the other end for what reason I have no idea probably because he was angry he just got dunked on, but really he should be ashamed of the effort he put forth tonight on the defensive end as should every other member of this team.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
We could sign Dwight Howard... Coach wont play him. He doesn't like a C. His offense has no use for a big body in the post. Where have you been? Darko and Randolph were ran out of town.

MD wants to run and shoot. He wants 25-30 3-point shots. Shoot ball as soon as you cross half court.

Wise man once said: "don't take the first shot you get, take the first good look you get."

Look, we know this... MD didn't get something out of nothing his first 2 years. He was in a bind, but he chose to play vets over youth. He went for wins. He failed to really shoot above expectations. FINE> But this year he would be judged. AND, so far, he's done little to impress.

3 years... third season he's failed to really "shock" people and exceed hopes.

OBVIOUSLY, he'll ultimately be judged by what happens in the playoffs. BUT, I think people are crazy to think we have any shot against CHI or MIA. Look what McRoberts-Hansbrough-Hibbert did to us. Imagine what Noah-Boozer-Gibson will do. Look at what Nelson did; not wait for ROSE> And forgot about stopping Wade-Lebron. That wont happen.

How did we get on against the Bulls this year?

Forget about stopping Wade-LeBron? What when we already did when it mattered down the stretch?

Did it ever occur he played the vets for trade value? Hike their numbers so they look more appealing? The Chris Duhon effect?

If you think D'Antoni really believed or was told at any time that the team he inherited 2 years ago was the team NY wanted to win and win now then you're mooing up the wrong lampost.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
While I am not A Mike D hater, he could've played Carter and Shelden Williams. Williams is formidable backup C and has had some bright spots with us. Carter is a freaking awesome hustle backup PG who could've used some burn when Douglas was way off.

Our Big 3 is good, and we know they will gel a lot easier than the Miami 3, but Billups was off tonight, Amare was owned, and Melo went cold in the 2nd half.

Did we really allow them to shoot 60%? Our man to man D could have been better, especially against Hansbrough. We could have brought Shelden Williams in, I really don't see why that would hurt us any worse than the way we were playing.

Let's start Shelden. I mean our team chemistry isn't that great to begin with 11 games in and it can't possibly get worse than no offense Jeffries.

TakMan

Rotation player
Dunno who let Brewer and Azabuike go but whoever's making these decisions can't be part of this team. I also have no idea why Shelden Williams isn't given time on the court. Some things just don't make any sense. Anyways that's yet another losing streak that came to an end against the Knicks. Might not bother watching the next one.

STAT1

Starter
Is Landry injured or something did he even come out for the second half?

Probably because Bill Walker got inserted to hopefully add a little energy & he delivered a little bit of a spark for a short stretch in the 4th quarter, so he stuck with him the rest of the way. Landry wasn't playing all that great anyway tonight, no one really was. Melo had his offense going in the 1st half but Dahntay Jones really took him out of his game in the 2nd half. STAT really struggled against Roy Hibbert in the 2nd half & didn't put forth much of an effort on defense against Tyler Hansbrough.

mafra

Legend
How did we get on against the Bulls this year?

Forget about stopping Wade-LeBron? What when we already did when it mattered down the stretch?

Did it ever occur he played the vets for trade value? Hike their numbers so they look more appealing? The Chris Duhon effect?

If you think D'Antoni really believed or was told at any time that the team he inherited 2 years ago was the team NY wanted to win and win now then you're mooing up the wrong lampost.

Dude, we've played CHI twice. Played great basketball and barely won... and, oh by the way, CHI was w/out either NOAh or BOozer. We've yet to play them at full strength. THIBBY will eat MD alive in a playoff series.

You people are insane to think Wade-LJ are going to be pushovers. Playoffs will be a fresh start. BOSH has played well each time we've faced them. We might win one game... But trust me... MIA will run us off the court. Sure, playing them in the 1st round will help. If we can get them early and stop them from getting into a groove... we might luck out b/c they lack confidence... BUt...

ANYWAY... We just gave up twice now. I was at the game in DAL. We never got off the plane. OK. 7 games in 10 days. We won in MEM. We mailed it in. BUT, we then get 2 days off... Come back SUN night at home? Don't show up again.

DAL and INDY took 10 point + lead early and held it all 4 quarters? A disgrace.

COACH has to get his players ready to play. Simple as that. We never even tried. Should have emptied the bench and sat everyone the entire 4th. DO SOMETHING. BUT, the players run the show with MD. That's why they can mail it in 2 games in a row... and nothing happens.

petescud

Starter
Yeah defense...Tyler Hansbrough averages 9 points a game...tonight 29 points....but some of us still like Mike Dantoni....if he was an offensive coordinator i'd have no problem with him. But he's not. Lets get a defense first coach please

iSaYughh

Starter
Yeah defense...Tyler Hansbrough averages 9 points a game...tonight 29 points....but some of us still like Mike Dantoni....if he was an offensive coordinator i'd have no problem with him. But he's not. Lets get a defense first coach please

In fairness, Hansbrough has been surging and putting up some real good numbers recently after a super gimp beginning to the year. Plus Granger's absence should make him more of a go-to guy.

Pathetic game though. Went to last 3days of big east, and not once did I see a team play so lazily and foolishly.

UCONN, eg, even when giving up points and not being a great defensive team, always seems to show good defensive intensity and a certain quality defensive know-how.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Dude, we've played CHI twice. Played great basketball and barely won... and, oh by the way, CHI was w/out either NOAh or BOozer. We've yet to play them at full strength. THIBBY will eat MD alive in a playoff series.

You people are insane to think Wade-LJ are going to be pushovers. Playoffs will be a fresh start. BOSH has played well each time we've faced them. We might win one game... But trust me... MIA will run us off the court. Sure, playing them in the 1st round will help. If we can get them early and stop them from getting into a groove... we might luck out b/c they lack confidence... BUt...

ANYWAY... We just gave up twice now. I was at the game in DAL. We never got off the plane. OK. 7 games in 10 days. We won in MEM. We mailed it in. BUT, we then get 2 days off... Come back SUN night at home? Don't show up again.

DAL and INDY took 10 point + lead early and held it all 4 quarters? A disgrace.

COACH has to get his players ready to play. Simple as that. We never even tried. Should have emptied the bench and sat everyone the entire 4th. DO SOMETHING. BUT, the players run the show with MD. That's why they can mail it in 2 games in a row... and nothing happens.

So you can beat MDA up for the regular season but completely ignore what he's achieved in it? Seems fair.

You think LJ and Wade can step up? Well maybe so, I think Amar'e and Melo can match them and that our whole team can step up, at the moment though it's merely opinion so again nothing to beat MDA up with here.

We lost games? Well that's never happened to any of the teams in the playoff positions at the moment. Let's ignore once again we won games. MDA you bastard, how dare your players not win every game.

Perhaps what MDA is doing is instilling belief in his best players that they're the one's he trusts? Perhaps this belief will be invaluable in the future and you'll hear quotes like "Coach could have dropped me or subbed me out but he believed in me and that helped my game."

For every if you have against him there's another but to counter it.

Basically you don't know, you can't know and like every other MDA hater your arguements are unrealistic and moot.

Get behind EVERY Knick and if it ain't working the powers that be won't shy from the decision they have to make whether that be players or managers that need replacing.

It's just a case of everyone wanting to be able to say "told you so" If he does go and once again that's not conducive in the slightest.

He's here till the end of the season so support him and then if he's not good enough thank him for his time and we'll move on, stop trying to second guess the future and pass it off as fact rather than opinion.

iSaYughh

Starter
That Hansbrough dunk just put an exclamation point on this pathetic game. STAT threw one down & posed on the other end for what reason I have no idea probably because he was angry he just got dunked on, but really he should be ashamed of the effort he put forth tonight on the defensive end as should every other member of this team.

Pathetic series of plays. The only thing worse than Hans' dunk, was Amare's reaction.

Still a new, yet again n?wly assembled team....but the *need* --not want -- for a nasty, vocal defensive stalwart (Perkins, eg), or D'ant to do what he can to embody that as coach...is growing.

My fear is im not sure it's in D'antoni, so we need a player or two like that. Nothing to do with defense directly, per say, even...but he is too much of a players' coach in many ways, and hands-off in this respect, in replicating the effect that a guy like Perkins can have on the entire team,

My making them feel and seem like punks if they don't show nasty intensity and desire for D (two of the biggest things to be good at D); and thus inspiring them to step it up.

mafra

Legend
In fairness, Hansbrough has been surging and putting up some real good numbers recently after a super gimp beginning to the year. Plus Granger's absence should make him more of a go-to guy.

Pathetic game though. Went to last 3days of big east, and not once did I see a team play so lazily and foolishly.

UCONN, eg, even when giving up points and not being a great defensive team, always seems to show good defensive intensity and a certain quality defensive know-how.

Given their effort in DAL, and how PHI beat BOS... Having almost 3 days off... NO EXCUSE to come out like this... unless you barely practiced and had a good time on Saturday night.

Its official. I'm done with MDA. I dont care what he does I will never like him as a coach. Shawn Williams on Hibbert? On Hansborough? WTF?

This Game is the epitome of why I dont like teams based around an offensive philosophy. Offense takes games off. DEFENSE DOESNT. How do you not match up in a game like this when your getting hammered by the bigs? Someone please explain it to me, because for the life of me I just dont understand.

MDA has to be fired. How in the heck do you have 20,000 people in MSG shouting defense yet have a coach that wouldnt know a defensive game plan if he were smacked in the mouth with it.

I'm watching the post game press conference.. D'Antoni's response to the loss? "We just didn't shoot the ball well... Not enough ball movement... we were stagnant"... Not one mention of the defensive side.

mafra

Legend
I'm watching the post game press conference.. D'Antoni's response tot he loss? "We just didn't shoot the ball well... Not enough ball movement... we were stagnant"... Not one mention of the defensive side.

Tommy Dee (theknicksblog.com) said it best: "When the Pacers were hitting perimeter shots what does the Knicks coach decide to do? Play zone and allow for?wait for it?more jumpers. When you want to change tempo in basketball, at any level, you pressure the ball. When you make shots you pressure full court and hope to trap. The Knicks rarely do. They stand around and wait for the other team to dictate what they do offensively."

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
I agree you can't fire a coach this late in the season, we really have no choice but to bear with this coach & hope he can iron out the team defense issues. The type of performance we're watching tonight against a team that's trying to get ahead of us in the playoff standings is simply unacceptable.

IMO AC should have been playing over TD for much of the game he couldn't buy a shot from the perimeter I have no idea why he was kept in the game. Melo is playing out of control in the 4th & Billups looks real rusty in his 1st game back. Stat is getting owned by Hibbert defensively right now as well. This type of effort from our big 3 is not gonna get it done in the playoffs, regardless if MDA's our coach or not.

The question is WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ... if we continue to let Tyler hansbroughs and JJ Hicksons score 30 points on us then WE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

D`ANTONI needs to FuC.KING get fired tonite. Thats it.
tonight it just looked like a lay ups line up when the players are warming up.