Ill list it like this being that i was literally 20 yards away from the knicks bench last night, and noticed the body language, the communication structure of the team top to bottom in terms of ignoring the coach during and after time outs. It was actually sad to watch in person, I felt like something took my heart, walked it gently out to center court and stepped on it with a pair of throw back ewings.
1) On TV it looks like players blow past the knicks defenders
on more occasions than I can count on 10 hands knicks players literally "stepped" let me repeat "stepped" out of the way to let pacers players take lay ups.
2) Mike D's offensive schemes are terrrrrrrible for the personel we have now, we dont have jump shooters, we have guys who want to attack. The pacers just waited in the paint for Melo to barrel down the lane, for Amare to gyrate to the rim and just fell down. Not once did I see a change in the game plan despite several intimely time outs to attempt to rotate the ball and have amare cut weak side for easy buckets, Forcing stuff after stuff by hibbert on amare.
3) Mike D's body language is terrible, similar to Eli manning, with out the super bowl; Dantoni is a reflection of the team,and his attitude is terrible, if there could be a camera focused on only him all game, you would find a man who does nothing but complain for 40 minutes, and construct alterations to his game plan for maybe 8 minutes. He literally paced the side lines grimacing over blown ref calls, or sat with his arms folded sour pussing with no clip board in his hands.
4) Dude wastes half a time out every time out standing 20 feet from the bench talking to his assistant coachs, and then re enters the huddle, claps his hands a few times as if to say lets go etc. and send his players back out there like wtf is wrong with this dude.
5) WE never ever come out of time outs playing better than we went in. Every time the pacers made a run, it wasnt time outs or game plans that would keep us from getting blown out, it was chuck 3 pointers from walker or shawne williams, followed by air balls from douglas and billups, and what do we do keep chucking threes while melo sits on the bench and amare stands around wondering why the ball isnt coming to him ( while he just sits there instead of setting a pick or rolling to the basket for ohhh heres a novel idea a REBOUND).
6) Mike D's offense forces Amare to play 17 feet away from the basket, he has been doing this more and more as the season has gone on, basically to open up the floor for more open threes because amare can put the ball on the floor and create more space going to the hoop for every one else when he gets doubled and triple teamed, now on the offensive end thats fine, but it also forces out power forward to never be in position for put backs, and limits his opportunity for rebounds, as well as forces Amare to be the first man back on defense many times making it easy for other teams to push the ball in transition and blow right by Amare.... several instances this happened last night if you were watching closely.
7) Mike D is stubborn, I get this idea that he is saying to all of us we can win my way, my way is how we can win, I just have this feeling he is fully capable after spending his whole entire life on the court or on the side of it, fully capable of preaching and teaching defense, but I believe his in game focus is so stuck on offensive idealogies that hell never fully commit out of not wanting to be proven wrong.
8) His mid half rotations are terrible. COmplete decimating the starting line up by bringing in your entire bench half loaded with players who wouldnt crack any top 10 teams rotation is ridiculous. I find myself wondering why, if he is going to play a line up for half a quarter that includes, douglas,walker,s williams, turiaf and roger mason, which quite possiblly is the worst 5 players in the NBA in terms of bench production; why not start one of those players to allow landy fields to come off the bench for more offense. It makes me laugh that he would bench wilson chandler for offensive spark with the second unit; while starting amare at center, yet now we have melo, and landy fields as our best two guard, and we start Jefferies at center and leave no one on our bench who can score. Explain to me how Jefferies at center, and no one coming off our bench is good coaching ?, when you can put amare at center, bench jefferies, and have fields coming off the bench, let turiaf start hes better than jefferies. blah blah blah blah blah blah
getting tired of bashing this guy
but in truth he is a terrrrrible coach for "this team" not terrible for every team, but for this team who has no steve nash and diaw, and marion in his prime , and raja bell in his prime, and grant hill and shaq and blah blah blah.
we need a coach that is gonna slow things down, put players in the right positions, execute defensive game plans for when shots arent falling and allow our role players to do what they are supposed to do, mix in with our stars and play defensive, instead of putting all 5 role players on the floor in the second quarter to get blown out.