OK, so the bench just stinks!..NOW WHAT?

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
Well,
I don't think it comes to anyones surprise. but this bench ain't gettin this team anywhere...total inconsistant bench play, game after game, and even bigger inconsistant rotations by D'ANT...not sure where he's going with this group half the time...but enough about D'ANT..they'll be a whole off-season to paste this coach..but for now, the bench is lousy, just lousy!!...Jefferies is pathetic, can't finish anything..and yes, he grabs an occasionsl loose ball and makes a defensive stop..even gets the charge now and then...but really, what a waste of a spot..and starting now at Center?...Toney Douglas, has moments of greatness, I like his D, but I don;t really think his basketball IQ is all that high..Takes just ridiculous three's with 15 seconds on the shot clock?? and just doesn't know when to drive or kick?..Bill Walker?..does he scare anyone?. Anthony Carter/R Mason?? Let's move on shall we....I'll stay off Turiaf and S Williams..(decent bench guys...and nice job so far).

So the bottom line is this...
We did what we needed to do in getting MELO and STAT..getting Chauncy with Fields is a big plus too..so that's really it..A FANTASTIC nucleus to go with for next year and build around for the next few years..but I think the reality of making a deep playoff run is a bit of a reach...and yes, I got sucked into it too. but it is what it is...a great place to start for next year, and yes, I expect an EAST Title run with Miami next year...SO for this year...hopefully we have some fun with the playoffs, and just be a real pain in the A*S for any of the top three teams in the EAST.... maybe get to a game 7 against Miami or Chicago would make it a good year for me....add a couple roll guys in the offseason, hopefully a big. ...The Coach?? he may be' on borrowed time..:crossfingers:

I just hope there isn't a lockout next year.. Cause it would be the first season in years that we look foward to a possible title run or deep playoff run.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Well,
I don't think it comes to anyones surprise. but this bench ain't gettin this team anywhere...total inconsistant bench play, game after game, and even bigger inconsistant rotations by D'ANT...not sure where he's going with this group half the time...but enough about D'ANT..they'll be a whole off-season to paste this coach..but for now, the bench is lousy, just lousy!!...Jefferies is pathetic, can't finish anything..and yes, he grabs an occasionsl loose ball and makes a defensive stop..even gets the charge now and then...but really, what a waste of a spot..and starting now at Center?...Toney Douglas, has moments of greatness, I like his D, but I don;t really think his basketball IQ is all that high..Takes just ridiculous three's with 15 seconds on the shot clock?? and just doesn't know when to drive or kick?..Bill Walker?..does he scare anyone?. Anthony Carter/R Mason?? Let's move on shall we....I'll stay off Turiaf and S Williams..(decent bench guys...and nice job so far).

So the bottom line is this...
We did what we needed to do in getting MELO and STAT..getting Chauncy with Fields is a big plus too..so that's really it..A FANTASTIC nucleus to go with for next year and build around for the next few years..but I think the reality of making a deep playoff run is a bit of a reach...and yes, I got sucked into it too. but it is what it is...a great place to start for next year, and yes, I expect an EAST Title run with Miami next year...SO for this year...hopefully we have some fun with the playoffs, and just be a real pain in the A*S for any of the top three teams in the EAST.... maybe get to a game 7 against Miami or Chicago would make it a good year for me....add a couple roll guys in the offseason, hopefully a big. ...The Coach?? he may be' on borrowed time..:crossfingers:

It's a good question. The problem is we have no idea what the cap will look like after the CBA is redone. Also, if we were to sign Billup's extension, then we'd have no money even at the current cap. I think we may even be over -- which isn't so bad if the mid level exception were still going to be in play. But, from what I've read, that will be the first to go...

But, provided we keep Billups, we need a 2/3 that is a defender. We absolutely need a starting center (and a backup for that matter). I haven't seen who is available, but I think our most realistic option is Samuel Dalambert. My favorite is Deandre Jordan, but he is going to be getting paid next year... People may think I'm crazy for saying it, but I'm thinking around the 9-10 million mark. People overpay for big centers. If that is the case, then we would never be able to get him. Samuel will prob take the MLE if it is available.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Well,

The bench definately stinks. I could go on and on about the poor defense, or coaching, or even the lack of effort.

It gets really irritating watching an offense chuck shots very early in the shot clock, especially considering our lack of rebounding.

TD's greenlight is definately tooo green IMO lol. We dont need a pg who cant run the offense, andI agree his basketall IQ is terribly low.

We still have alot of work to do. Melo is a great improvement, but westill have ALOT of work to do.