Another DFDH must read....I rest my case : Fire This F---ing bum.

Crazy 8 I respect you a lot man.

My point is that there have been reasonings and examples to Fire D'antoni in at least 10 threads in the past month, and even more than that since the season has started. I am just as frustrated as anyone, but it's not like this thread is bringing up something that has not bee mentioned before (and before, and before)

That's all. (P.S. I love my sig, who doesn't like the Krypto-nates?!)

And to comment on #5, I think our 2nd team hung in pretty well, I remember them hitting some big shots to come OUT of the defecit, not go down by double digits. Maybe that was an isolated event? Maybe I fell :sleep::sleep: for a second.

Anyway god bless, and good riddance to D'antoni --- Woulda loved to see Byron Scott step in, but let's hope for Van Gundy to make a COMEBACK!

well being that I have created 5 of those 10 posts in the past month, You cant act as if its random, its centralized around one obvious theme; we do have advanced talent to work with, and we are regressing, and its increasingly obvious that our coach isnt helping this team improve in the areas where they lack.

the definition of a basketball coach is as follows

Basketball coaching is the act of directing and strategizing the behavior of a basketball team or individual basketball player. Basketball coaching typically encompasses the improvement of individual and team offensive and defensive skills, as well as overall physical conditioning.

OUR COACH DOES NONE OF THE BOLD.

fire him NOW

petescud

Starter
I agree...was hoping to steal Melo, but not give up our youth...I am not a GM nor do i know as much as most of you about the $$$ involved...What we need now is basically the same we needed before the trade. We need a real center and a Bruce Bowens player. Then we need to enforce some defense on this team and hold players accountable

Everyone realizes that our foundation is the two laziest defensive "superstars" in the league, right?

Everyone that had watched this team before the trade knew what we needed. We were the #2 team offensively and needed more defense, outside shooting, and a quality big man. But we traded our best outside shooter, best defender and best young big man for a poor outside shooter that is one of the worst defensive "superstars" and least efficient scorers in the league. Subtraction by subtraction.

I could see this trainwreck coming from a mile away.

KingCharles34

All Star
Amare is atrocious on defense, i do think Melo is a better defender then Amare but as LJ pointed out thats our foundation, two stars that can score with the best of them but also get scored on by the worst of them.

The question is is it the players fault or the coaches fault?

George Karl was also unable to get Melo to play defense

Amare never did play any defense and never knew how to. At times hes shown some effort this year, at other times....:barf:

Id say its both the players on the team and Antoni's fault. The knicks need a GREAT motivator

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm not sold that multiple max contract players is the only way to build a championship team. They need to compliment each other well, first and foremost. I don't think Melo and Amare compliment each other well. There were much better options than gutting the team for Melo. He's one of the most overrated "superstars" I've ever seen and only exacerbates our deficiencies. Every team that has won a championship had balance and depth, not multiple max-contract level players. I disagree, I don't think the trade was necessary. $18 mil in cap space + our roster could have surrounded Amare with a lot of solid talent. The Bulls are contenders, how many max-contract players do they have?

I never said max contracts in my post. I merely made the point that in today's NBA building a "solid" team is not enough, there have been countless of those "solid" teams without rings while teams with multiple stars, or at least players who were dominant at their position, have gone on to eliminate those solid teams built around one superstar, in a seven game series.

I know about the Bulls...I watch the NBA, but I also remember the Cleveland Cavs last year having the number one defensive team and winning 60+ games, and the Celtics had the ability to take them apart and force them to play LeBron-ball....either stop the supporting cast and let LBJ go off, or try to contain LBJ and dare the supporting cast to beat them. It was the same thing with the Magic the year before that. I will look past the hype of the Bulls impressive regular season and ask "why can't it be the same with the Bulls?" You need balance and depth in the playoffs. Ideally, you obtain that balance with solid defense, and more than one option on offense who can carry your team if need be. When it's only been Dirk, Kobe, KG, Paul, LBJ, Wade, Dwight, there hasn't been any rings.

There's a blueprint that's been established, maybe one day a team will win it where it's HIM and the rest of them. But the past 15 seasons says that blueprint won't work in the currently constructed league, so let's not follow that one.

And I don't exactly agree with Melo and STAT not being complementary, because one can kind of be ball dominant while the other's position doesn't exactly allow him to dominant the ball. Draw up plays that take advantage of both of their talents, kind of like that play in Memphis where STAT runs over and slips the screen for Melo...options, talent, devastation on the defense. It can be done by a coach who isn't married to his "philosophy" and can adapt to what he has as opposed to needing "special" players to fit his system...this isn't football where a 3-4 linebacker wouldn't quite fit a 4-3 scheme...this is the NBA...size, easy buckets, defense, championship.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
well being that I have created 5 of those 10 posts in the past month, You cant act as if its random, its centralized around one obvious theme; we do have advanced talent to work with, and we are regressing, and its increasingly obvious that our coach isnt helping this team improve in the areas where they lack.

the definition of a basketball coach is as follows

Basketball coaching is the act of directing and strategizing the behavior of a basketball team or individual basketball player. Basketball coaching typically encompasses the improvement of individual and team offensive and defensive skills, as well as overall physical conditioning.

OUR COACH DOES NONE OF THE BOLD.

fire him NOW

Summed up well. Could done that in one thread =P

Haha I'm just playin, but yeah that is well-said, and I absolutely agree.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't really get the argument of the Bulls.

Boozer is almost a max contract player. Rose is currently this seasons MVP (equivalent of a max contract player). They have a great supporting cast and a great head coach who preaches defense.

They also have extremely good players at the two most important positions on the floor (1 and 5).

I think Boozer can be counted as a "star" the same way Allen/Pierce/Garnett are "stars".

So Chicago has 1-2 allstars (boozer/noah), the best PG if not best player in the NBA this season (rose), quality big man depth (gibson/kurt thomas), some good sharpshooters (deng to a degree, korver) and pretty much every one of their players is a 2 way player.

Notice Boozer, who was knocked plenty for his defense in Utah, suddenly does not appear to be a crappy defensive player anymore (and don't use Noah as an excuse, he missed 31 games).

So yeah, trying to say Chicago are not building a team around a handful of star players is kinda inaccurate imo.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

Boozer is almost a max contract player. Rose is currently this seasons MVP (equivalent of a max contract player). They have a great supporting cast and a great head coach who preaches defense.

They also have extremely good players at the two most important positions on the floor (1 and 5).

I think Boozer can be counted as a "star" the same way Allen/Pierce/Garnett are "stars".

So Chicago has 1-2 allstars (boozer/noah), the best PG if not best player in the NBA this season (rose), quality big man depth (gibson/kurt thomas), some good sharpshooters (deng to a degree, korver) and pretty much every one of their players is a 2 way player.

Notice Boozer, who was knocked plenty for his defense in Utah, suddenly does not appear to be a crappy defensive player anymore (and don't use Noah as an excuse, he missed 31 games).

So yeah, trying to say Chicago are not building a team around a handful of star players is kinda inaccurate imo.

I guess we'll see, cause the 09-10 Cavs was a very similar team. Defensive minded coach (Brown), top defensive team (ranked #1 last year), MVP of the league (LBJ), center that can handle his own in the paint and have a tangible impact on the game (Varejeo), right hand man of the star who's going to be leaned on and relied on to step his game up in the playoffs when teams take away the #1 option and dare him to beat them (Mo Williams).

This is just me looking at this Bulls team and saying..."wait...all of this hype seems eerily familiar" and drawing a comparison between the two teams. I could be totally wrong, and if the Bulls win their chip I'll be the first one to call myself out. All we can do is wait and see.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Precisely, 1 max, and 1 all-star surrounded by a lot of good players and depth + bench. This is the model for building a contender (see Lakers). We're not following that model, we're following Miami's plan of multiple max-level players surrounded by whatever is left that we can afford, and little depth. For the money we're giving to Melo, we could have got an all-star big man + another player (knock down shooter SG). ADDING this to our previous roster (Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov, Randolph/trade asset) would have made us contenders.

And as I've stated before, it's my opinion that Melo is not a good complimentary star to Amare. If it's another max level player that must be added, we could have done a lot better considering Amare and this team's needs. Deron Williams??

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Geting a bit farcicle how there is another thread saying the same stuff practially ever hour.

I like this site, I can respect your opinions when they are presented in certain ways but a new thread on the same topic over and over and over doesn't do anyone any good.

Really we need one FIRE MIKE thread and for everyone to put their views in there.

Don't shoot the messenger.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Precisely, 1 max, and 1 all-star surrounded by a lot of good players and depth + bench. This is the model for building a contender (see Lakers). We're not following that model, we're following Miami's plan of multiple max-level players surrounded by whatever is left that we can afford, and little depth. For the money we're giving to Melo, we could have got an all-star big man + another player (knock down shooter SG). ADDING this to our previous roster (Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov, Randolph/trade asset) would have made us contenders.

And as I've stated before, it's my opinion that Melo is not a good complimentary star to Amare. If it's another max level player that must be added, we could have done a lot better considering Amare and this team's needs. Deron Williams??

But Pau Gasol got a max extension from the Lakers in 2009... He was only in the league like 8 years, and the cap was lower, so his max deal isn't as rich as current max deals/extensions...

Melo getting a max extension with the Knicks makes him a max player, but Pau getting a max extension in 2009 doesn't make him a max player? The Lakers just also happen to have a Lamar Odom who's not making max money, but could certainly get it from a team in the NBA...dude's only making 8 mil behind Kobe, Pau, and Bynum...who all have Bird Rights in effect with LA...so they can go over the cap to resign them.

LA has two max contracts on the books. They re-signed Odom in July 2009, then use Pau's Bird Rights to give him the max extension in Dec 2009, and they give Kobe his max extension in April 2010...this is all with Bynum already on the books.

So the Lakers might be a bad example since they've maxed out two players, and I'm not sure about Bynum, there's a chance that he's maxed too considering how much he's making and how many years of service he had in 2008 when he got re-upped.

I think a more accurate version of what you want is Dirk surrounded by people in Dallas, and LBJ surrounded by a lot of good players in Cleveland. But since those teams didn't produce rings, it's not really an option. But if your argument is against max deals, then the Lakers don't qualify.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
But Pau Gasol got a max extension from the Lakers in 2009... He was only in the league like 8 years, and the cap was lower, so his max deal isn't as rich as current max deals/extensions...

Melo getting a max extension with the Knicks makes him a max player, but Pau getting a max extension in 2009 doesn't make him a max player? The Lakers just also happen to have a Lamar Odom who's not making max money, but could certainly get it from a team in the NBA...dude's only making 8 mil behind Kobe, Pau, and Bynum...who all have Bird Rights in effect with LA...so they can go over the cap to resign them.

LA has two max contracts on the books. They re-signed Odom in July 2009, then use Pau's Bird Rights to give him the max extension in Dec 2009, and they give Kobe his max extension in April 2010...this is all with Bynum already on the books.

So the Lakers might be a bad example since they've maxed out two players, and I'm not sure about Bynum, there's a chance that he's maxed too considering how much he's making and how many years of service he had in 2008 when he got re-upped.

I think a more accurate version of what you want is Dirk surrounded by people in Dallas, and LBJ surrounded by a lot of good players in Cleveland. But since those teams didn't produce rings, it's not really an option. But if your argument is against max deals, then the Lakers don't qualify.

The Lakers got Gasol before the max contract and already had Odom, Fisher, Bynum, etc. Totally different scenario. It's not about just getting max contracts but also having the ability to surround them with talent. Our cupboards are bare and you can't argue against the fact that depth is just as important in winning championships.

And as I've stated many times, I don't think Melo is a good complimentary player to Amare. Which is really the most important. As I've also said several times, it's not just about getting max contract players or not, it's about matching talents + keeping depth.

If you can get multiple max contract level players that compliment each other and also surround them with solid talent and a bench, then great. But I don't believe this is what the Knicks are doing. It seems we just got a "superstar" at all costs for the sake of just getting a superstar. There were much better options than Melo, in my opinion.

Wargames

Starter
I not mad at D'antoni for the -1 rating for Melo and Stat because honestly we're starting from scratch with 2 stars. The Knicks best chance to have been a good team now left with Lebron to South Beach and the 2012 CBA. Also they need to play together more to figure they’re game out more.

We all know you need at least 2 stars to win championship. The Knicks had great/decent starters but let’s be honest we blinked first in the Melo deal (mostly I blame the media for making it seem Melo was G.O.A.T). The knicks traded our starters took Denvers roleplayers and benchwarmers and people are pissed at D'antoni only?! Billups is a great but you can make a good argument that he isn’t 6 million dollars better than Felton.

Don't get me wrong D'antoni is not a great coach. His statements after losses often prove that. His belief that a tall SF who has a good 3pt shot is better as a center than Turiaf & Sheldon Williams shows he isn't a great Coach. But lets be honest here this slump isn't just coaching its personnel as well. Why are the Knicks not trying to bring someone from the D league in? I don’t know. Why are they're rumors we're gonna resign Billups when we're gonna need every dollar possible to rebuild the roster? That’s beyond me.

Anyhow look the cav/pacer game showed that we don't play defense..... What is new about that? The fact that any combo of 2 decent bigs can knock Stat off his game is old news as well. No what the Cav games also show that if a team has decent talent in their starting roster and bench they can out play us even without 2 good bigs. The Pacer game just was a back to back display of all the Knicks old weaknesses including their new weakness of lack of depth.

The knicks were out coached, they played no defense, lacked overall talent, they lacked size at the C and our 2 stars still don't like to pass when doubled (a common occurrence with all non Pg stars). Yet the majority of the fans think firing the coach now will fix this?! D'antoni won't be fired until earliest next year. This year was a wrap after the trade because outside of 3-4 guys on the team the rest are rotation /bench warmers. Anyhow we just got to make 8th seed and his job will be secure and he knows it. The Knicks went from the 2010 plan to the 2012-2013 plan. Hopefully he won’t be re-signed by the Knicks.

Last edited:

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I not mad at D'antoni for the -1 rating for Melo and Stat because honestly we're starting from scratch with 2 stars. The Knicks best chance to have been a good team now left with Lebron to South Beach and the 2012 CBA. Also they need to play together more to figure they?re game out more.

We all know you need at least 2 stars to win championship. The Knicks had great/decent starters but let?s be honest we blinked first in the Melo deal (mostly I blame the media for making it seem Melo was G.O.A.T). The knicks traded our starters took Denvers roleplayers and benchwarmers and people are pissed at D'antoni only?! Billups is a great but you can make a good argument that he isn?t 6 million dollars better than Felton.

Don't get me wrong D'antoni is not a great coach. His statements after losses often prove that. His belief that a tall SF who has a good 3pt shot is better as a center than Turiaf & Sheldon Williams shows he isn't a great Coach. But lets be honest here this slump isn't just coaching its personnel as well. Why are the Knicks not trying to bring someone from the D league in? I don?t know. Why are they're rumors we're gonna resign Billups when we're gonna need every dollar possible to rebuild the roster? That?s beyond me.

Anyhow look the cav/pacer game showed that we don't play defense..... What is new about that? The fact that any combo of 2 decent bigs can knock Stat off his game is old news as well. No what the Cav games also show that if a team has decent talent in their starting roster and bench they can out play us even without 2 good bigs. The Pacer game just was a back to back display of all the Knicks old weaknesses including their new weakness of lack of depth.

The knicks were out coached, they played no defense, lacked overall talent, they lacked size at the C and our 2 stars still don't like to pass when doubled (a common occurrence with all non Pg stars). Yet the majority of the fans think firing the coach now will fix this?! D'antoni won't be fired until earliest next year. This year was a wrap after the trade because outside of 3-4 guys on the team the rest are rotation /bench warmers. Anyhow we just got to make 8th seed and his job will be secure and he knows it. The Knicks went from the 2010 plan to the 2012-2013 plan. Hopefully he won?t be resigned.

D'Antoni has said he doesn't want a defensive assistant coach.

Wargames

Starter
D'Antoni has said he doesn't want a defensive assistant coach.

Like I said he isn't a good head coach and not admitting a defensive assistant is needed is just another sign of that. However the Knicks have structural problems that will take until 2012 to fix. the Knicks traded two starters, they're 6th man and a big (Mozgov being in the deal still feels like it was done in spite) for Melo.

So unless they're is a total collapse before this years playoff D'antoni keeps his job until his contract ends next season because Dolan and Donnie know they traded the house for Melo. Add that to all the other issue they had that I mentioned before (including the need for a pass first back-up PG) and you don't want to add finding a new coach to that.

The Knicks took a step back with that trade however give Donnie credit he didn't take any long deals except Balkman so if they're smart they can make some moves to acquire the parts to win. Also who knows maybe the Knicks catch a break get lucky and the new CBA allows them to make more moves as well. Also lets hope the Knicks find a better coach in the 2012 post season.

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The Lakers got Gasol before the max contract and already had Odom, Fisher, Bynum, etc. Totally different scenario. It's not about just getting max contracts but also having the ability to surround them with talent. Our cupboards are bare and you can't argue against the fact that depth is just as important in winning championships.

And as I've stated many times, I don't think Melo is a good complimentary player to Amare. Which is really the most important. As I've also said several times, it's not just about getting max contract players or not, it's about matching talents + keeping depth.

If you can get multiple max contract level players that compliment each other and also surround them with solid talent and a bench, then great. But I don't believe this is what the Knicks are doing. It seems we just got a "superstar" at all costs for the sake of just getting a superstar. There were much better options than Melo, in my opinion.

I get that it's your opinion and everyone is entitled to one, but when we start debating opinions and not really stating why we have that opinion then it's not really a conversation anymore and just people saying words. I know you don't think both players complement each other, but I don't know why. I see Amar'e who's a free-throw line down player, and Melo who's a free-throw line extended player. They can coexist in an offense that puts them in their spots to operate (like the last play in Memphis when Melo is in the high post and STAT comes over and slips the screen and posts his man up near the baseline.) But the offense as it's currently constructed really doesn't utilize both of their talents as effectively as a more traditional offense would. That's why there was word of D'Antoni slowing down the offense with the acquisition of Melo and Billups...but coincidently the only time either player looked like their old selves was their debut against the Bucks when they weren't really running MDA's offense.

It's not like a LBJ and Wade situation where both guys are ball dominant and are primarily penetrators and finishers. STAT uses his athleticism in the paint to get shots up and get to the line, while Melo is an inside-out type of player who can do a bit of it all. Both don't need the ball...one can be ball dominant and the other plays a position where the ball is fed to him...Pau, Dirk, LA, Duncan, etc aren't the players they are because they bring the ball up the court and then go to work....they get to their spots and are fed the ball to do what they do. So there's no reason why Melo and STAT can't play off of each other, we already saw Melo and Martin (when he was relatively healthy) and Melo and Nene the past season and a half. Neither guy is exactly a STAT, but both are paint players while Melo was....Melo.

You can have the opinion that they don't complement each other, and have that be the reason why you don't think the Knicks should have got Melo...but it's not like we haven't seen Melo with bigs who got theirs and put up solid numbers. He got his numbers and so did they...there's enough shots to go around in the right offense.

Oh, and if Donnie feels it more prudent to trade up in this draft and try to get a PG who can learn under Billups next season, and when Billups' $17M comes off the books after next season, we can go shopping then. You're hooked up on the second max we got, but the 3rd max would be the crippling one. $17M might be a worth a little more in terms of talent under the new CBA. If salaries are going down, then you might be able to get a LITTLE more out of $17 million dollars. Plus there's the MLE this offseason (if the MLE survives,) either way...the Knicks still have flexibility going forward. Melo did nothing to disrupt that. We can still end up with "superstar and superstar, plus the supporting cast" which is our best bet. No one is emulating what the Lakers are doing, because no one is going to trade pennies for gold bars.

Melo was never hitting free agency, we had to go get him, and we didn't trade anything that's irreplaceable via the draft and with Billups' expiring. Once we get a coach in here who knows how to maneuver his chess pieces, we'll be straight.

mafra

Legend
We were a .500 team before Carmelo, and are a .500 team with our second superstar. Somehow, I don't see how T-Mozgov would have made any difference regardless. Felton was playing terribly lately. Chandler was here one game and gone the next 4.

My buyer's remorse is b/c I wish we had Deron Williams. He would have been the better fit here.

Still, let's judge Carmelo what he does in the playoffs. Does he bring it on a Sunday night against INDY? Nope. Does he bother to reach down and pick up a loose ball? Nt so much.

BUT... will any of that matter if he goes off in May and we go on a nice playof run? I doubt it happens, but I'll save my anger for 'Melo until then. He must carry that burden, that responsibility, b/c he made it be known we had to trade for him (and not wait until free agency). He accepted that burden... so he'll get the hammer if he fails to delvier.

Red

TYPE-A
Ahh... the big conundrum!
ACHEMS RAZOR: The most simplist answer is USUALLY the most accurate.

Stop over analyzing and trying to find a needle in a stack of needles, and pay attention to the PINK elephant in the room!!!!!

Before it was the system, it was the players. Then it was the uncertainty, then it was poor attitudes (players), then more transition, etc... making me f*cking sick.

As I've said before, my persnality type doesn't have room for excuses, but I'm trying to show patience and support. I unlike others don't think a change is a referendum on someones talent (player or coach)- some just don't fit, and there are many aspects where "fit" is important.

Simply put... the REAL issue here is:

1. When considering (some hindsight) what OUR roster/team could've looked like BY NOW, I think we would do things different. AND OUR ROSTER IS A REFLECTION OF OUR COACH, his type players for his type style. The draft picks, trades especially big men and depth.... don't f*cking try and say more different players are needed when over time those were the exact players we had/have.

2. We here who are awake know the difference between, a playoff team (30 something wins+), a solid team (taking a contender to the brink, a move away) and a contender (a final four team). We expected to be solid, again SOLID by now. Refer up a few lines for reasons why excuses are not an option.

When considering what we could've been by now, regardless of trades and moves (infuenced by coach) we definitly should be a solid team by now. We definitly should. Have ALREADY been to the playoffs giving teams a run.

So it was the uncertainty, then the players etc... meanwhile analysts, posters, fans, EVERYONE said what would happen, everyone pointed towards one UNSOLIDIFIED part of the foundation we were building........ the coach,and no one wanted to listen, it was the players, size, big t*tties in the crowd..... everything except the million dollar coach, his scheme and approach..... nooooooo it can't be him.

Listen, you can speculate all you want, what if this, what if that... defense wins, size rules, a chance to illustrate this was thwarted. No speculating in that. Now even if MDA is willing to change, how can he possibly make up for where we are as opposed to where we should've been?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ahh... the big conundrum!
ACHEMS RAZOR: The most simplist answer is USUALLY the most accurate.

Stop over analyzing and trying to find a needle in a stack of needles, and pay attention to the PINK elephant in the room!!!!!

Before it was the system, it was the players. Then it was the uncertainty, then it was poor attitudes (players), then more transition, etc... making me f*cking sick.

As I've said before, my persnality type doesn't have room for excuses, but I'm trying to show patience and support. I unlike others don't think a change is a referendum on someones talent (player or coach)- some just don't fit, and there are many aspects where "fit" is important.

Simply put... the REAL issue here is:

1. When considering (some hindsight) what OUR roster/team could've looked like BY NOW, I think we would do things different. AND OUR ROSTER IS A REFLECTION OF OUR COACH, his type players for his type style. The draft picks, trades especially big men and depth.... don't f*cking try and say more different players are needed when over time those were the exact players we had/have.

2. We here who are awake know the difference between, a playoff team (30 something wins+), a solid team (taking a contender to the brink, a move away) and a contender (a final four team). We expected to be solid, again SOLID by now. Refer up a few lines for reasons why excuses are not an option.

When considering what we could've been by now, regardless of trades and moves (infuenced by coach) we definitly should be a solid team by now. We definitly should. Have ALREADY been to the playoffs giving teams a run.

So it was the uncertainty, then the players etc... meanwhile analysts, posters, fans, EVERYONE said what would happen, everyone pointed towards one UNSOLIDIFIED part of the foundation we were building........ the coach,and no one wanted to listen, it was the players, size, big t*tties in the crowd..... everything except the million dollar coach, his scheme and approach..... nooooooo it can't be him.

Listen, you can speculate all you want, what if this, what if that... defense wins, size rules, a chance to illustrate this was thwarted. No speculating in that. Now even if MDA is willing to change, how can he possibly make up for where we are as opposed to where we should've been?

Listen all those "excuses" you listed were very valid excuses and that can't be denied. We factually did have a weak roster. We factually did lose chemistry with multiple huge trades. There were factually players on our team with poor or selfish attitudes. That said, I truly believed D'ant was the best coach to guide our young athletic roster prior to the Melo trade. Now that we need to slow it down and play a more half court game since we acquired Melo and Biliups I believe another coach is probably more suited for the task. I don't expect any miracles from a new coach but I do think a half court traditional offense will suit our current roster better. I personally don't think D'ant is gone till after the season regardless of what happens so lets wait and see how he has our team performing in the post season. If we look lost and get dominated then I think it's time to look for a new coach.

P.S. lets give some credit where credit is due. D'ant is getting us into the playoffs and he did develop several young players quite nicely.

Listen all those "excuses" you listed were very valid excuses and that can't be denied. We factually did have a weak roster. We factually did lose chemistry with multiple huge trades. There were factually players on our team with poor or selfish attitudes. That said, I truly believed D'ant was the best coach to guide our young athletic roster prior to the Melo trade. Now that we need to slow it down and play a more half court game since we acquired Melo and Biliups I believe another coach is probably more suited for the task. I don't expect any miracles from a new coach but I do think a half court traditional offense will suit our current roster better. I personally don't think D'ant is gone till after the season regardless of what happens so lets wait and see how he has our team performing in the post season. If we look lost and get dominated then I think it's time to look for a new coach.

P.S. lets give some credit where credit is due. D'ant is getting us into the playoffs and he did develop several young players quite nicely.

Its not about whether he is suitable for this or that line up, its the fact that until he emphasizes defense as a primary aspect of our teams focus; there is no way on earth we are ever going to win anything worth being proud of.

The fact remains, he either starts to teach defense, hires an assistant who can, or we fire him and find someone who will.

end of story

why is every one even debating this

our team

does
not

play

defense

and as any winner in the NBA knows

they will tell you the first and foremost thing there coach emphasizes from training camp until they hold that trophy over their head

is

DEEEEEFFFFFEEEENNNNSSSSSEEEEEEE

the debates are nonsensical being that

every one is failing to realize the one big piece that DANTONI

misses

and its

DEEEEEFFFFEEEENNNNSSSSSEEEEE

again

I REST my
CASE.

Its not about whether he is suitable for this or that line up, its the fact that until he emphasizes defense as a primary aspect of our teams focus; there is no way on earth we are ever going to win anything worth being proud of.

The fact remains, he either starts to teach defense, hires an assistant who can, or we fire him and find someone who will.

end of story

why is every one even debating this

our team

does
not

play

defense

and as any winner in the NBA knows

they will tell you the first and foremost thing there coach emphasizes from training camp until they hold that trophy over their head

is

DEEEEEFFFFFEEEENNNNSSSSSEEEEEEE

the debates are nonsensical being that

every one is failing to realize the one big piece that DANTONI

misses

and its

DEEEEEFFFFEEEENNNNSSSSSEEEEE

again

I REST my
CASE.
I Honesly think he doesn't know how to teach defense, he already refused to hire a defensive. Assistant coach so the only option is to fire him, we will need to keep him until the end of the playoffs and then hire rick adelman