Only In NY

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Only in New York :

Only in NY could a player be heralded as one of the best offensive players in the game and three weeks after getting him the Media is focusing on his defense .

Only in NY could a team change about half of its rotation at the end of Feb and be expected to perform good three weeks later .

Only in NY could the venom against one man be so bad that the Media and Natives continue to blame him for a trade that all parties have emphatically stated publicly he had nothing to do with .

Only in NY could the Govt grant a monopoly to a ticket vendor who charges you 25% more to buy a ticket to a play online and the Owner of your favorite basketball team raises prices by 49% and no one says or does anything about it .

Only in NY could the favorite team finally get two of the best players in their prime after 40 or so years of missing out and three weeks later Fans have already forgotten their good fortune .

Only in NY could a die hard fan hope his team doesn't make the Playoffs in the hopes they will get rid of the Coach

Awesome

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I am ****ing sick and tired of hearing all of this bullshit about the Knicks losing and not getting Dwill.

**** all you fake ass Knick fans who are never happy.. We have a good team we have a good coach, this will take time practice and the addition of a big man or two.

If we don't win this year we have a shot to win next year so if you dont like it go root for the Yanks you fair wearhter mother ****ers

Happy ST PATRICKS DAY :beer:

Only in New York :

Only in NY could a player be heralded as one of the best offensive players in the game and three weeks after getting him the Media is focusing on his defense .

Only in NY could a team change about half of its rotation at the end of Feb and be expected to perform good three weeks later .

Only in NY could the venom against one man be so bad that the Media and Natives continue to blame him for a trade that all parties have emphatically stated publicly he had nothing to do with .

Only in NY could the Govt grant a monopoly to a ticket vendor who charges you 25% more to buy a ticket to a play online and the Owner of your favorite basketball team raises prices by 49% and no one says or does anything about it .

Only in NY could the favorite team finally get two of the best players in their prime after 40 or so years of missing out and three weeks later Fans have already forgotten their good fortune .

Only in NY could a die hard fan hope his team doesn't make the Playoffs in the hopes they will get rid of the Coach

I'm not a hypocrite, so I admit that these are excatly my thoughts!

I'd rather not make the playoffs than getting swept in the first round.

And yes, the coaching staff sucks and has to go, not because of those last 12 games, but because of those 3 years under D'Antoni where we have been the worst defensive team in the league and consistently allow uncontestet shots and layups.

I rate Melo higher than Deron Williams. I don't care about Williams and the Nets. Toney Douglas is good enough to be our starter in the coming years.
We don't need Chris Paul we already have 2 superstars. What we need is a good center who can rebound and block shots, a true shooter a la JJ Reddick who can come off the bench and add 12-15 ppg and a lockdown defender in the backcourt like Sefolosha to guard the opponent's best guard.

Oh and the reason we play like shit atm IS the coaching staff.
Denver have as many new players and they're winning everything and play good defense!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Denver have as many new players and they're winning everything and play good defense!

I am not going point by point as you are rehashing old arguments debated to death and faulting a coach for 3 years when this is the first year (6-7 seed with major trades) he has a team worthy of competing. I will address the point above though.

Denver may have a ton of new players but they are roll players and bench players. Hell, D'ant got us into the 6th seed with a PG that Denver is using off the bench! Compare that to D'ants job of folding in a new 1st option, new starting PG who happened to be injured for several games and the reacquisition of a SF playing our starting center. I am down to see D'ant go as our roster is more suited for a traditional offense but you are just flat out ignoring reality to perpetuate your bias.

Great thread & it's foolish to compare the Knicks to the Nuggets when making false statements such as "Denver has as many new guys as we do" because that just not the truth. Not at all.

Denver has Nene, Martin, Lawson, Birdman & JR Smith just to name a few. That makes for 5 key players who were with Denver last year (most of them been with them for much longer than 1 year). The only key player that the Knicks have, that was on our roster last year is Toney Douglas who's only a 2nd year player.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Bottom line....lets see who has the better record this time next year between us and Denver!!!!

Who is the scarier team to play in the playoffs? I think most teams would love to face Denver rather than NY even with the way the two teams are playing!

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I am not going point by point as you are rehashing old arguments debated to death and faulting a coach for 3 years when this is the first year (6-7 seed with major trades) he has a team worthy of competing. I will address the point above though.

Denver may have a ton of new players but they are roll players and bench players. Hell, D'ant got us into the 6th seed with a PG that Denver is using off the bench! Compare that to D'ants job of folding in a new 1st option, new starting PG who happened to be injured for several games and the reacquisition of a SF playing our starting center. I am down to see D'ant go as our roster is more suited for a traditional offense but you are just flat out ignoring reality to perpetuate your bias.

In all fairness Trillion. Felton is a starting point guard.... At this point, though, I don't know what needs to be done with our team. They are a half court style team, right now. They are missing a big man. Their defense is probably the worst in the league at this point.

Denver's offense is number 1. Their defense is 17. I can't find the stats what that defensive number is since the trade, though. That is an average.

They are playing great ball. Essentially, George Karl is running a MDA types system better than MDA. I'm betting their defense is up since the trade too. If they want to take the next step they will need another superstar.

We will be better then them and most in the long run, but we need defense and time.

I get your point. You are probably right on that, but how do you explain our 'defense' ? We play no defense at all in 70 of the 82 games. We only play D about 10-12 times a year. You can have all the superstars in the world, when you don't play defense you don't win a championship - see Phoenix under this coaching staff.

Miami play good defense, despite having Wade, James and Bosh who are all very capable offensive players. THeir gameplan is not just based on winning games 121-118. THey know that they can't make every shot. D'Antoni and his staff don't seem to realise that.

Melo and STAT have to work very hard for every basket and on the other end average players like Hansbrough, Hickson, Amir Johnson etc get open shots and offensive rebounds to look like All Stars and go for 30-10 against us.

Our style of play - the approach is just not right. The most important thing should always be defense, because you can't make every shot. We struggle against the bad and mediocre teams, because we don't play defense.

I'm tired of criticizing the coach aswell, but I want this team to win and play the right way. D'Antoni's approach is not right (at least with these players).

As I said earlier, even when we win a game like 123-119 I'm a bit disappointed, why do we need to give up 119 points? That's circus basketball - Harlem Globetrotters and not NBA basketball.

We don't need to be a defensive powerhouse like Chicago, but we should at least play defense in a serious way and be within the top 15 teams. What we do on defense is a bad joke and the reason why we're at .500 again.

We could easily be around .650 with a decent defensive approach, that's why I keep complaining. Has nothing to do with beeing a 'real fan' or a hater or something. I don't hate on the Knicks - I'm just stating our problem.

knicksin60

Starter
What's wrong with having high expectations for your team? I don't understand Knick fans that make excuses for their team's woes and would settle for mediocrity.

For the next 5 years, the Knicks could be the Dallas Mavericks, a team that gets eliminated from the playoffs every season, and the kool aid drinking Knick fan would consider them championship caliber and successful.

I watched this team fall short in the 90's and watched them be the most embarrassing organization in pro sports for 10 years, if I think that a coach isn't the right person to coach my team to a championship...I am entitled to my opinion.