Why are most committed members of this forum not from NY?

petescud

Starter
I feel you fellow Floridian transplants cheering NY teams. And we know there are a lot of us. I drive around all day, every day, with a NY Knicks #1 Fan plate. These people probably think "oh no, another trouble maker"....maybe, but at least i know how to drive..lol

smokes

Huge Member
Considering the kinda fans we've seen dominating MSG for the past 5 years, cheering on Kobe and Lebron while they crap all over us, I'm cautiously glad that those New Yorkers are not here on KOL!

It's actually kinda interesting that it appears most of the New Yorkers on the site don't go to Knicks games much if it all.

Pricey

Rotation player
Ive never been to New York but when i came to the states as a young kid i watched the Bulls and Knicks in the playoffs when that Starks dunk happened and i instantly became a Knicks fan. I hope to come over next year and experience the Big Apple!

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
I think the reason most of the most dedicated posters on this board are not from NY has to do with the fact that they are not from NY. For NY-ers (like me) it's relatively easy to keep up with the team; the newspapers, local news, local media all cover the Knicks. For those not in NY, that is not the case, so they stay active on the board as a way to stay engaged with the team.

You're absolutely right; I think that's part of the reason. We also have to consider those that are out of state fans come to these forums to celebrate and relate with other fans. This is because in part they're out of state and so there are less Knicks fans. This was just a phenomenon that I came across and it really intrigued me. My follow up question is what constitutes a real fan? Is it someone who leaves the state and still roots for the same team? Or is it someone who watches every game? Maybe someone who's always optimistic and supportive? My perspective towards being a fan stresses upon the loyalty for a team. Those that rant about mistakes, changes, mishaps are insightful but they forget why they're watching in the first place. I much rather support a team that's struggling but improving, over a team that's winning all the time. It's just much more fun to witness a team that overcomes its tribulations. And this is what I think appeals to so many people and this is why the Knicks has so many fans; Willis Reed Game 7 playoffs, John Starks for his rewarded effort and dunk, Nate Robinson for being little and hopefully D'antoni and his system. Being the underdog only makes the victory even sweeter and merrier.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Born and raised in Lawrence, MA (about 30 mins north of Boston) but my father is a Bronx native so he got me started at a young age with the Knicks and Jets. My other two brothers went with my moms side and are Pats and Celtics fans, so I am now the only NY Fan in the house and its been that way for a looooooooong time......

And I wouldnt have it any other way!!!! GO KNICKS and JETS!!!!!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
is rady from ny?

Nope, he's from Europe. And since his hometown team wasn't playing in the NBA (and still to this day), it was easy for him to jump on the Knicks bandwagon back in the mid 90's.:beer:

p0nder

Starter
I think the reason most of the most dedicated posters on this board are not from NY has to do with the fact that they are not from NY. For NY-ers (like me) it's relatively easy to keep up with the team; the newspapers, local news, local media all cover the Knicks. For those not in NY, that is not the case, so they stay active on the board as a way to stay engaged with the team.

This is why i'm a real active person on the board. I mean, i live in cold ass canada where all anyone talks about is ****in hockey. And any ball fans up here are usually Celtics or Raptors fans. I dunno why there are so many celtic's fans, probably cause a lot of people from my town moved back and forth from Beantown.

My grandfather was born in NY tho so I always held an affinity for NY. Plus I grew up watching the Jordan-Ewing playoff battles and ended up cheering for the tougher more blue collar/underdog team.

STAT1

Starter
Ive never been to New York but when i came to the states as a young kid i watched the Bulls and Knicks in the playoffs when that Starks dunk happened and i instantly became a Knicks fan. I hope to come over next year and experience the Big Apple!

1 of my favorite Knick moments of alltime. You picked a good one to latch on with. :beer:

I'm probably one of the oddest Knicks fan in the country. I grew up at a young age watching Magic and rooting for him more so just for the stardom. Playing organized basketball early on I was a bit taller than most kids and was tossed into the center position. The problem was at that age I still wanted to jump shoot instead of play down low. Thus I started watching and growing attached to the greatest jump shooting center in the game ... the great #33. Pretty soon he was my favorite player, and I was a Knick fan. John Starks and Charles Oakley come alone and I have a group of players that make up my favorite team! I loved the group of players from the late 80's early 90's and their style of play. I hated the Bulls so that only made it more so. Now comes the really odd part ... I'm from central Indiana and you might say that the last place I would ever plant my roots is in the Big city of NY. You can also see that during the 90's it was rough being a Knick fan with Miller jerseys left and right every day :) Even after the 'fall' and the terrible down years I stick with my team. I'm no front runner and I stand by my team in good years as well as bad (Alan Houston helped keep me a lot!) . So here I am ... grown and raised ... but still (even with dozens of reasons not to) rooting for the Knicks. I will be at the game in Indy 4-11 to root for my guys just like I did when I was tall enough to play center at 5'5 :p

dlee420

Banned
Probably because
A)majority of the people on this site don't know what they are talking about.
B)The site maintenance on this site is horrible. The Carmelo Anthony headline on the front page was the first update and a while and it's still there.
C)Postingandtoasting.com is the real deal, with people who talk knicks and don't go off topic like half of you little girls. And if you don't know postingandtoasting.com than keep enjoying this wack site.

la2ny

Starter
Probably because
B)The site maintenance on this site is horrible. The Carmelo Anthony headline on the front page was the first update and a while and it's still there.
C)Postingandtoasting.com is the real deal, with people who talk knicks and don't go off topic like half of you little girls. And if you don't know postingandtoasting.com than keep enjoying this wack site.
Well take your *** over there why are you even here

Smell troll anyone???
lj.jpg

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Probably because

A) kettle I would like to introduce you to pot.
B) a headline means nothing when we have a thriving community that talks Knicks.
C) Your need to promote your lame site is telling. Jealous much that this site has a relevant recognizable URL instead of a lame contrived bite off of an announcers catch phrase? HINT for you...you would not need to troll other sites if your site was worthy and had a decent name. :thumbsup:

Maybe you would still be around if you didn't chose a name of a no-defense playing role player no longer a Knick...

dlee420

Banned
Thriving? You mean 20-30 comments on reoccurring posts? Look at posting and toasting... 768 comments on recent posts. I often check this site to see the most retarded arguments. I'm not a troll. Just saying that's why the majority of people on this site aren't from NY. Cus' New Yorkers don't stand for a crap site for their favorite team. Knicksonline needs to step it up.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Last time i banned a spammer he kept stalking me on email about how bad this site is and what great blog he ran. I still don't understand up to this day why do these guys waste their time on this crappy site when they already struck gold?

"768" replies. Big deal. Quality over quanity all day in terms of talking sports.

Out of all those members you have... the lack of quality posters must be pretty weak, for someone such as yourself, who made it known that members of this site "suck", but yet... Still trying to improve your site by drafting "sucky posters".

Who cares about the site updates? I come here to talk Knicks & nothing else. I don't come here to look @ "pictures". Sorry for your loss of David Lee too. Hows your new team doing?

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Probably because

I have always believed that if your supposed great site was so wonderful, why in the hell would you even need to come to knicksonline to advertise it.

Actually you should change:barf: (postingandtoasting) to postedandtoasted since we won't be seeing you anytime soon...:cucu: