So is Derrick Rose the only other point guard that can run our system?

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
I think so, his skill set fits this system perfectly, and to add out of this year's draft who do you think could run our system well? My vote is for Walker, that kid is exactly what we need

EDIT- I meant to put other than Nash in the title *sigh*

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Jimmers, if you're talking pgs and draft, and a good fit for us.

He's pretty strong, is a great shooter with obscene range; and is a savvy passer and smart leader.

Anyone who's a great leader; with excellent court vision & understanding of the game. If your a talented PG; MDA's scheme, style of play & offensive system is a dream come true. I believe the PG & C positions will always be considered the two most important voids to fill on offense. The PG position has to be the toughest position to play; the head of the attack, the QB of the franchise. MDA left the game as the Italian leagues all-time leading scorer & was voted as the greatest Italian league PG of all-time in 1990.

Give MDA an outstanding PG such as Nash, Kidd, Rose, Williams, CP3 or up & coming future stars in Wall & Irving; & his offensive attack becomes next to impossible to stop, especially when having a BIG such as Amare who can run the court. Have two athletic BIG's such as DeAndre Jordan & Amare running the floor @ the C & PF positions? (something the NBA has yet to see during his time with PHX & NY); & the sky is the limit. Above average PG's such as Felton & Douglas can have plenty of success too

nuckles2k2

Superstar
From a skills standpoint...I think Monta Ellis could have some success, he's been showing his court vision this year and facilitating quite nicely for an off guard, and when Curry has been out and Monta slides over to PG, his assists numbers went up to like 8-9 a game.

I was actually talking to a buddy of mine from Chi-town yesterday and we were discussing Rose and somehow Monta's name came up and then we were trying to figure exactly what makes D-Rose the better player. We both agreed that he is, and I think it has more to do with his leadership and savvy, but Monta has almost everything that Rose has, except the hype and love from the media. Based on his game this year, you slide him over to PG and you have the points and assists. He might not be as strong as Rose but there's a chance that he could be quicker (he is at least as quick as Derrick,) he's shown his court vision this year without Curry out there (shit, he's shown it with Curry out there sometimes too), he has a better shot than Rose, he can thrive in transition or in a half court set.

I know there will be some who read my post and be like ":? ***** please," but Monta just had a game of 26p, 11a, 6r, 2 steals and a block on the 16th against Dallas, and 39, 11, 6, 4, 1 against Orlando on the 11th. You can also throw in a 15 & 9 game against Sacramento. All of those games were with the team's actual point guard out there.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
From a skills standpoint...I think Monta Ellis could have some success, he's been showing his court vision this year and facilitating quite nicely for an off guard, and when Curry has been out and Monta slides over to PG, his assists numbers went up to like 8-9 a game.

I was actually talking to a buddy of mine from Chi-town yesterday and we were discussing Rose and somehow Monta's name came up and then we were trying to figure exactly what makes D-Rose the better player. We both agreed that he is, and I think it has more to do with his leadership and savvy, but Monta has almost everything that Rose has, except the hype and love from the media. Based on his game this year, you slide him over to PG and you have the points and assists. He might not be as strong as Rose but there's a chance that he could be quicker (he is at least as quick as Derrick,) he's shown his court vision this year without Curry out there (shit, he's shown it with Curry out there sometimes too), he has a better shot than Rose, he can thrive in transition or in a half court set.

I know there will be some who read my post and be like ":? ***** please," but Monta just had a game of 26p, 11a, 6r, 2 steals and a block on the 16th against Dallas, and 39, 11, 6, 4, 1 against Orlando on the 11th. You can also throw in a 15 & 9 game against Sacramento. All of those games were with the team's actual point guard out there.
Monta is a beast. No disagreement with what you said.

Last edited:
Monta Ellis is one hell of an athlete. I enjoyed that post about Ellis. Underrated in the eyes of many.

Another player I'm starting to love is Russell Westbrook. This dude is explosive as they come in terms of splitting the defense, driving to the paint & finishing @ the rim. Plays with heart & intensity for 4 quarters strong & knows exactly how to work with a top 5-10 star in Durant. Westbrook & Durant have to rank as a top 3-5 duo in todays game.

Man... John Wall is going to become an elite PG! He's still a work in progress due to the fact he's still extremely young but he's a raw talent for sure. I believe he only played his freshman year with Kentucky but it wasn't hard to take note of his overall talents & potential greatness. I could care less about LeBron James but when Lebron considers you the best overall player in the college NATION... You know the kid is an up & coming star. Superstars such as LeBron don't state those types of comments all that often if ever @ all.

D-Will
CP3
Rose
Westbrook
Ellis
Wall

This will become "the era" of the PG position. It shouldn't take long before both Irving & Walker are considered as NBA PG's on the verge of being in a class of their own.

Stockton, M.Jackson, Payton, Tim Hardaway, Kidd & Nash... The elite C's died during the late 90's & the PG's took off. These young elite PG's in todays game have became 'the new wave' & the best of the PG position has yet to come.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well, Jordan made some questionable draft choices, so being a superstar doesn't mean you're great at evaluating talent.

I do see a big future ahead of Wall though.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
John Wall couldn't. Derrek Rose could. Deron Williams could. You need a player that can shoot the ball.

Raja Rondo couldn't. CP3 needs to work on his three point shot to run the system 100% effectively.

Right now, though, the system is not set up for this team. Hence losing 5 of the last 6, and going being 7-8 since the trade deadline.

NY17

Benchwarmer
I would like to hope that D'Antoni would be able to make an elite talent like Chris Paul, John Wall, or Rajon Rondo work in this system by altering it to fit their strengths instead of fitting square pegs in round holes.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
John Wall couldn't. Derrek Rose could. Deron Williams could. You need a player that can shoot the ball.

Raja Rondo couldn't. CP3 needs to work on his three point shot to run the system 100% effectively.

Right now, though, the system is not set up for this team. Hence losing 5 of the last 6, and going being 7-8 since the trade deadline.

Rondo could!! He is an GREAT assist man, all pass first and should be all defense every year.

NOLAN SMITH OR KYRIE IRVING for young talent!!!!

Westbrook is amazing, he just turns the ball over too frequent right now, but he's young.

Paul, williams, rose, kidd, and nash are all amazing, and can run any system.