Boston Celtics @ Knicks

mafra

Legend
Well, once again the offensive genius with the innovative system fails to produce, design or call for an actual set play to orchestrate points in the half court stretch, late in the 4th when the team desperately needs a bucket.

Seen this too many times to see this as a hiccup. Coach let's players play and we wonder why we look like chickens w/out a head more often than naught?

After we lose to Orl we'll fall under .500. Great. 7-10 them since the trade. The good news is we only have 12 games left or so. A first round defeat and then we won't have to watch the Knicks until 2013.

la2ny

Starter
I guess its time to act like Miami fans....

We fackin suck!

Were the worst team in the NBA!

Send LeBron back to Cleveland!

Dwade sucks LeBron is better!

....2 weeks later(spongebob)

Were the best! we cant be beat!. Championship brothaz!
rep dat 305 Dwade County!

Oh Yeah! We da Best! I love Dwane Way and Labron Jaymes!

And Lakers Fans...

Wtf Gasol that was weak! Go strong! White Swan no Black Swan? Pau's so damn soft I h8 him sometimes..

We got lew out by the Bucks at Home!

We got blew out by the Heat on Xmas!!!

We got blew out at home to the Grizzlies!!!!

We got blew out by the Bobcats!!!!!

We lost to the facking CAVS!!!!!! Who we beat by 55!!!!!!! We suck...

Trade Bynum for Melo...

1 week later(spongebob)

#TeamBynum

I always wanted to keep bynum!

Pau Smash!

Lets go LA!

Koby is da best player ever 4get Mickal Jardon!!!!

.............:barf:

KingofNy

Starter
I retract my previous statement, Turiaf wasn't even in in the fourth, He's shutting shit down and he doesn't play in crunch time? Go home Dantoni

LOL, that's one of like 20 things Antoni does wrong. I'm so sick of his coaching I barely can sit through a game. It's not even fun anymore. He is the WORST coach in the NBA.

Antoni is the reason we DON'T have a big.
Antoni has NO CLUE how to rotate his players. He sits the hot guys and has our cold shooters on the floor all night.
Antoni doesn't call timeouts on opponents runs until they score 15-20 points.
Antoni doesn't hold his players accountable for their play.
Antoni has no clue how to run a half-court offense/defense.
Antoni could give a $hit about defense and it shows.
Antoni outcasts good players just because they don't perfectly fit his team.
Antoni runs the same damn plays over and over. Pick and roll, Isolation, and 2/3 screen.

Melo is right. The system sucks and our coaching staff sucks much worse. I can barely watch Antoni's weak a$$ attempt at coaching. He shows no emotion when he should and just sits there looking like a clown hugging himself when he should be doing his damn job. The only emotion he ever shows is when the refs don't call a foul when we're on offense. He needs to start getting on his players and leave the damn refs alone.

It's gotten to the point that I would rather us not make the playoffs so I don't have to watch Antoni coach anymore... I'm serious, it's totally worth it. I would trade this year for a new coach in a heartbeat. Bring on JVG!!!! :mad:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
My #1 concern is the way the 2010-11 pre-Melo Knicks lost close games is the same exact way the 2010-11 post-Melo Knicks lose close games....and you know who else lost leads in the second half this way? The 08-09 Knicks, and the 09-10 Knicks.

At what point is something no longer a coincidence and when does it become a pattern?

We now have the sheer talent to win some regular season games, and we're losing the same exact way the Knicks squads that were devoid of talent lost.
:barf:

la2ny

Starter
My #1 concern is the way the 2010-11 pre-Melo Knicks lost close games is the same exact way the 2010-11 post-Melo Knicks lose close games....and you know who else lost leads in the second half this way? The 08-09 Knicks, and the 09-10 Knicks.

At what point is something no longer a coincidence and when does it become a pattern?

We now have the sheer talent to win some regular season games, and we're losing the same exact way the Knicks squads that were devoid of talent lost.
:barf:
Sounds like something hasnt changed...hmmmmm but what could it be.....
hmmmmmm....
Mike-DAntoni-hired-to-coach-NY-Knicks.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Sounds like something hasnt changed...hmmmmm but what could it be.....
hmmmmmm....
Mike-DAntoni-hired-to-coach-NY-Knicks.jpg

Haha.

Or..wait for it....

We still have the gimpest center rotation in the entire league, a horrible stable of bigs, and zero depth to help close out games!

la2ny

Starter
Haha.

Or..wait for it....

We still have the gimpest center rotation in the entire league, a horrible stable of bigs, and zero depth to help close out games!
We do, but Im still wondering why Ronny didn't play in the 4th when he was obviously our best Defensive player all game.

iSaYughh

Starter
We do, but Im still wondering why Ronny didn't play in the 4th when he was obviously our best Defensive player all game.

Ya. Our offense was the killer...tho Turiaf did give us good all around game flow..

I don't remember exactly, but wasn't Ronnie in the works when The Cripples began to mount their ultimate deathblow towards end of the 3rd?

Specially w Dolan right now, and the options out there, I'd much rather hold off all talk on jumping the ship on our players...and coach,

Till some very basic but very important things materialize:

Time for amare-melo, time for billups (especially to either heal, or get cut), and for Walsh to bring in one veteran big who is an NBA center.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Escalating Negativity Is Like Cyanide In NY City

facepalm2.gif

Perimeter sitting in the 4th. Where was the 3 man threat that NBA TV so recently praised as the league's most potent?

Where the **** was Ronny T when needed?

2 of the league's best scorers go for a combined zero points in the 4th?

Tell me how Philadelphia have, not only a better team, but a better record than we do. How the **** is that even possible?

If we end up under .500 and are swept in the playoffs, what will happen to this franchise?

Until this point in time, the amalgam of the trade, the cohesiveness that Melo has NOT brought to the team offensively and the effect it's had on Amar'e and Fields, as well as the 'stick in the mud' stratagem of D'antoni have quickly become the worst thing that has happened to the NYK this season.

It hasn't worked so far, and if it doesn't show some merit or real promise in the next week, I don't believe that Anthony has the personal resolve to handle the psychological strain of not meeting expectations as a NY basketball star that earns in excess of $20M.

Not saying he/we won't, but the likelihood of an implosion needs to be avoided with some real, heads down tweaking of a failing enterprise that's dealt away its chances of being something special, by not waiting 5 months to sign an individual who, thus far and undeniably, has brought it a very disappointing -.500 record.

MDA and Melo are under the scrutiny of New York's magnifying glass. If they can't find a solution to a snow balling problem, they'll burn like ants underneath it.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Gotta love Antoni's non-use of timeouts on our opponents runs. Love it. :boohoo:

This was the biggest thing... and lack of Ronny in the fourth quarter. His defense helped our offense...

So close. Paul Pierce was an animal (per usual) in the 4th.

iSaYughh

Starter
This was the biggest thing... and lack of Ronny in the fourth quarter. His defense helped our offense...

So close. Paul Pierce was an animal (per usual) in the 4th.

Time outs aren't always good in these spots. Especially when ur squad is inherently more confused, out sync, unprepared, etc...than opposition, let alone The Cripples.

Idk why ppl think a time out automatically means we leave the huddle in an improved position. The other team is game planning, too.

I was calling for a time out here r there that wasn't...but may have been more for emotional reasons.

Pierce was an animal, but he rose to that occasion on his own accord. Amare and Melo going for 0 in the 4th, amidst a final 10-0 Cripple...You can't hold these guys' hands when their problems are so painfully simple, and simply in their direct control.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Time outs aren't always good in these spots. Especially when ur squad is inherently more confused, out sync, unprepared, etc...than opposition, let alone The Cripples.

Idk why ppl think a time out automatically means we leave the huddle in an improved position. The other team is game planning, too.

I was calling for a time out here r there that wasn't...but may have been more for emotional reasons.

Pierce was an animal, but he rose to that occasion on his own accord. Amare and Melo going for 0 in the 4th, amidst a final 10-0 Cripple...You can't hold these guys' hands when their problems are so painfully simple, and simply in their direct control.

Are you kidding??? Really. Time outs are momentum stoppers. He should have called one in the 3rd quarter when the Celts turned the game from 17-9. He should have called one in the fourth when they brought it within 4. He messed up this team badly at the end of this game.

Another loss that shouldn't have happened. 31-17...

I think the first 2/1/2 quarters showed this team is capable of defense. MDA showed he wasn't competent enough to coach at the end. The players panicked, for sure; but, so did D'Antoni. He needs to be a better leader.

iSaYughh

Starter
Are you kidding??? Really. Time outs are momentum stoppers. He should have called one in the 3rd quarter when the Celts turned the game from 17-9. He should have called one in the fourth when they brought it within 4. He messed up this team badly at the end of this game.

Another loss that shouldn't have happened. 31-17...

I think the first 2/1/2 quarters showed this team is capable of defense. MDA showed he wasn't competent enough to coach at the end. The players panicked, for sure; but, so did D'Antoni. He needs to be a better leader.

Sometimes, yes. It's rarely a true momentum stopper, tho, as you mean it. Id have liked on at the end of 3rd, nonetheless.

But you mainly do TO's to get ur team a new strategic edge or adjustment, when you think you'll leave the huddle with this accomplished and most importantly the opposition can not.

You honestly think we call a TO when the oiled BOS machine, top to bottom, is grinding us down...That their "momentum" will somehow dissapear? Or that they won't simply add in a few fine tuning to their rock solid team play and gameplan?

Our team is worse. Our individual players are/can be better. Our team problem runs deeper than anything a TO can help, but does allow a better team the chance to make final adjustments on how to stop our players.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Sometimes, yes. It's rarely a true momentum stopper, tho, as you mean it. Id have liked on at the end of 3rd, nonetheless.

But you mainly do TO's to get ur team a new strategic edge or adjustment, when you think you'll leave the huddle with this accomplished and most importantly the opposition can not.

You honestly think we call a TO when the oiled BOS machine, top to bottom, is grinding us down...That their "momentum" will somehow dissapear? Or that they won't simply add in a few fine tuning to their rock solid team play and gameplan?

Our team is worse. Our individual players are/can be better. Our team problem runs deeper than anything a TO can help, but does allow a better team the chance to make final adjustments on how to stop our players.

Yes. I think one time out can change a lot. A lot. Look at the bad pass by Billups which led to the dunk by Garnett. It gave confidence to Boston.

Momentum can change in a single moment. A time out, a well drawn out play, and basket can provide confidence and turn a game around.

The team was losing confidence. He needed to do something to help give it back to them. Letting Boston score on them again and again was not the answer.

mafra

Legend
We lost this game b/c Carmelo and Stoudemire scored ZERO points in the 4th quarter. Remember when AMAR'E was the best scorer in the NBA in the 4th earlier this season?

The encouraging sign is (once again) this team is competitive playing against above .500 teams. People can talk about DEN all they want, and to their credit they beat the bad teams they're supposed to beat. BUT, they do have players, their PG knows what his coach wants him to do, and the "new" Nuggets are humbled and fitting into Karl's rotation (not dominating the ball).

AGAIN. WARNING ALERT. WHO CARES ABOUT THE NEXT 12 GAMES? I predict the Knicks will go 7-5. Finish season 42-40. This should be good enough for the 6th spot. We do play PHI again, so maybe a win there is good enough to help us finish 1 game ahead of the Sixers. IF NOT, then so be it. Knicks will be the 7th seed. NY wont collapse to the point they slip into the 8th seed, or out of the playoff picture.

SO... AGAIN... WHO CARES. Don't drive yourselves nuts. Relax and treat the next 12 games like exhibition contests. Relish the fact we do get at least one playoff series.

THIS TEAM DESERVES our patience. I know it's hard, especially with that fool Mike D'antoni roaming the sidelines. Last night was another perfect example how the players were good enough to win, but the coach just spoiled any hope the players had to win the game.

AND... the main reason I can't stomach MD, is his offense lets us down when we need it most. He may know how offense works in theory and his system my bring out the best in players... BUt you put 1 minute on the clock, get in the half court situation, and he just turns into a spectator... and since his offense is about spacing not movement, well... you get what we see most games.... EPIC FAILURE to get an open look at a high pct shot.

SO... we just chill. Watch the next 12 games. Save our judgement for what happens in the first round. IF we get swept or ousted in 5... LET THE SLAMMING BEGIN. If we win, then the season was a success. If we battle and go 6-7 games... That at least shows us hope.

NEXT YEAR will be put up or shut up time. For coach and 'Melo. Well, 2012-2013 season will be... there wont be a season next year.