RED's RANT! 3/22/11

Red

TYPE-A
I'm tired!
Someone please wake me when we field a top 10 defensive team, and have a coach who know's wtf they're doing. I'm done.

I can no longer watch and support this kind of garbage. Granted, I did see fight and intensity. Its what I didn't see that bothers me.

Que the Players -vs- Coach debate...

How many times will we see our team in a position to take control of and win a game and blow it?

Need more players... with a 9pt lead and 7mins to play? Really? You need more players? For what?

OK so let's get this straight. The only justifiable way to explain why more or different players are needed is to assume the opponent played possum. That they knew all they had to do was "turn it on", and we would fold.
They were just waitng for the opportune time.

If this is what you subscribe to, there's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale! Teams might pace themselves, they might not click in the 1st qtr, I'll say that, but...

EVERY TEAM would rather click early and hold the lead if given the choice. Point being, we can assume the Celtics tried as hard a usual and were LOSING to us 3/4's of the game.

WITH OUR CURRENT PLAYERS, I REPEAT WE HAD THE LEAD THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME (as was the case in many games) and BLEW IT... WE BLEW IT!!!!!!

Who wants to f*cking sell me on the idea a lack of players or size contributed to this loss MORE than coaching decisions and lack of proper motivation to achieve the small things that add up to big things and victories? Who? Don't f*cking bother!

Case in point...

WHY IS NO ONE WONDERING WHY WE COME DOWN AND IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS SHOOT THREES AND MANY OTHER TERRIBLE BAD SHOTS AND SELECTIONS.....

WITHOUT ANY RAMIFICATIONS FROM THE COACH????

Almost as if D'Antoni encourages this... really?

F*ck this motherf*cker. I don't give a flying f*ck about italy or his meaningless italian point guard career. Go back to Europe or ButtF*ck VA. Get the f*ck outta here with that sh*t.

Who recalls, from way back... Team up, Team down don't matter...

Crawford chucking threes
Gallo chucking threes
Douglas chucking threes

Recently I even seen Melo and Billups chuck a few.

This approach is wrong. I can't say it any clearer. I don't know a coach NBA or otherwise who would stand for that.

We are shooting ourselves out of games, constantly.

If you are of the "Billups is one of the best three pt shooters, he usually makes the pull up" mind...

Understand the only time a PG should be taking threes is within the FLOW of the game OR if he is left wide open and can hit it. Besides this or drawn up, game situations, this should not be encouraged!

Here it is simply...

A good offense WORKS FOR QUALITY SHOTS. A GOOD OFFENSE EXPLOITS MISMATCHES and by virtue of player and ball movement, get in position to do so even when the match up doesn't favor them!!!!

Which genius hasn't figured this out yet? Go home.

What coach encourages, and just sits by as their AllStar power forward refuses to pass, and instead chooses to take another big off the dribble and rise for a jumper or bowl him over? Seriously? This late, time after time, offensive fouls out the a$$, and this coach hasn't canged this. N!gga Please!

When evaluating a coach there's much more than X's & O's, which for that matter D'Antoni is waaaaayyyy over-rated...

Motivation
Ability to communicate
Adaptability and game plan
Offense and defensive sets, strategy
Reducing mistakes. Promoting quality ball!!!!!!!

I know why Melo was sulking....

HE WAS SAYING DAMN EVERYONE WAS RIGHT... D'ANTONI DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING! HE THINKS I (A TOP TIER PLAYER) am JUST GOING TO CAMP OUT BEHIND THE ARC. PLUS THEY WERE RIGHT, HE DOESN'T HAVE A COMPTITIVE DEFENSE, NOR AN ABILITY to INCORPORATE ONE. NO WONDER I USED TO BEAT THEM LIKE I DID. HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!

That's what Melo was saying, in response Amare wants him to buy in (offensively). But I know Melo knows better.

Any coach who rotates and uses the players WITH THE SKILLS WE KNOW THEY Have as this coach does, is limited at best!

Douglas running the point down the stretch with Billups here? GTFOH! He's a vet you f*cking dummy!

Roger Mason another vet, who actually plays D, getting limited minutes? He's making D'Antoni look as dumb as we thought every game.... and he's on the bench most of the game... please fire yourself MDA!

Starting Sheldon Williams... listen you stupid f*ck... your defensive approach, philosophy, strategy, and motives won't work with anyone. Change it now. That's the best I can do. Change it or leave.

You know why we won that 1st game after the trade? We went out and just played like we know how to, regardless of this dumba$$'s Italian Euroleague Ideas of how to play.

I'll rant and repeat...

GOOD TEAMS WORK FOR GOOD QUALITY SHOTS ON OFFENSE, THEY EXPLOIT THE WEAKNESS OF THE DEFENSE.

This schmuck and his spread the floor, move the ball til an open shot is a misnomer.

ITS PREDICTABLE
LIMITED
AND VOIDS THE TEAM OF HAVING 2 DOMINATE PLAYERS!

IT SAYS go ahead Douglas, go ahead Billups go ahead and chuck a low percentage shots whenever you get open. Forget the 2 HOF's we have!!!

OFFENSE/DEFENSE IS COMPREHENSIVE. One compliments the other. Chuck quick, miss the rebounds due to poor positioning, the opponent runs and gets quick easy shots (something we should be doing).

Amare shooting elbow jumpers = no quality big near the hoop for rebounds.

Shooting futher away from the hoop more than closer shots is a recipe for disaster. Winning when doing this = a false sense of security. A coach who can't hold the lead IS WEAK!! How many blown leads or blow outs are needed to convince people.... f*ck him, I been convinced. No more patience, wait til bullsh*t, get it done or else is my approach. If he can't...

I'm sure we can find someone who will gladly coach 2 to 3 HOF's, and the deep pockets of our fan base to really compete, easily!!!!

That's why EVEN WHEN WE WON BY DOING THINGS THE WRONG WAY, I Recognized AND COMPLAINED...

Don't let a win with poor fundamentals and play that went against conventional wisdom fool you!!!!!!!! I wasn't, you shouldn't be.

I DEMAND BETTER. UNTIL I SEE IT, I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THIS KIND OF GARBAGE.

F*CK MIKE D'ANTONI! F*cking Faggot!

Last edited:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
I'm tired!
Someone please wake me when we field a top 10 defensive team, and have a coach who know's wtf they're doing. I'm done.

I can no longer watch and support this kind of garbage. Granted, I did see fight and intensity. Its what I didn't see that bothers me.

Que the Players -vs- Coach debate...

How many times will we see our team in a position to take control of and win a game and blow it?

Need more players... with a 9pt lead and 7mins to play? Really? You need more players? For what?

OK so let's get this straight. The only justifiable way to explain why more or different players are needed is to assume the opponent played possum. That they knew all they had to do was "turn it on", and we would fold.
They were just waitng for the opportune time.

If this is what you subscribe to, there's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale! Teams might pace themselves, they might not click in the 1st qtr, I'll say that, but...

EVERY TEAM would rather click early and hold the lead if given the choice. Point being, we can assume the Celtics tried as hard a usual and were LOSING to us 3/4's of the game.

WITH OUR CURRENT PLAYERS, I REPEAT WE HAD THE LEAD THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME (as was the case in many games) and BLEW IT... WE BLEW IT!!!!!!

Who wants to f*cking sell me on the idea a lack of players or size contributed to this loss MORE than coaching decions and lack of proper motivation to achieve the small things that add up to big things and victories? Who? Don't f*cking bother!

Case in point...

WHY IS NO ONE WONDERING WHY WE COME DOWN AND IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS SHOOT THREES AND MANY OTHER TERRIBLE BAD SHOTS AND SELCTIONS.....

WITHOUT AY RAMIFICATIONS FROM THE COACH????

Almost as if D'Antoni encourages this... really?

F*ck this motherf*cker. I don't give a flying f*ck about italy or his meaningless italian point guard career. Go back to Europe or ButtF*ck VA. Get the f*ck outta here with that sh*t.

Who recalls, from way back... Team up, Team down don't matter...

Crawford chucking threes
Gallo chucking threes
Douglas chucking threes

Recently I even seen Melo and Billups chuck a few.

This approach is wrong. I can't say it any clearer. I don't know a coach NBA or otherwise who would stand for that.

We are shooting ourselves out of games, constently.

If you are of the "Billups is one of the best three pt shooters, he usually makes the pull up" mind...

Understand the only time a PG should be taking threes is within the FLOW of the game OR if he is left wide open and can hit it. Besides this or drawn up, game situations, this should not be encouraged!

Here it is simply...

A good offense WORKS FOR QUALITY SHOTS. A GOOD OFFENSE EXPLOITS MISMATCHES and by virtue of player and ball movement, get in position to do so even when the match up doesn't favor them!!!!

Which genius hasn't figured this out yet? Go home.

What coach encourages and just sits by as their AllStar power forward refuses to pass and instead chooses to take another big off the dribble and rise for a jumper? Seriously? This late,time after time, offensive fouls out the a$$ and this coach hasn't canged this. N!gga Please!

When evaluating a coach there's much more than X' & O' which for that matter D'Antoni is waaaaayyyy over-rated...

Motivation
Ability to communicate
Adaptability and game plan
Offense and defensive sets, strategy
Reducing mistakes. Promoting quality ball!!!!!!!

I know why Melo was sulking....

He WAS SAYING DAMN EVERYONE WAS RIGHT... D'ANTONI DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING! HE THINKS I a TOP TIER PLAYER is JUST GOING TO CAMP OUT BEHIND THE ARC. PLUS THEY WERE RIGHT, HE DOESN'T HAVE A COMPTITIVE DEFENSE, NOR AN ABILITY to INCORPORATE ONE. NO WONDER I USED TO BEAT THEM LIKE I DID. HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!

That's what Melo was saying, in response Amare wants him to buy in (offensively). But I know Melo knows better.

Any coach who rotates and uses the players WITH THE SKILLS WE KNOW THEY Have as this coach does, is limited at best!

Douglas running the point down the stretch with Billups here? GTFOH! He's a vet you f*cking dummy!

Roger Mason another vet, who actually plays D, getting limited minutes? He's making D'Antoni look as dumb as we thought every game.... and he's on the bench most of the game... please fire yourself MDA!

Starting Sheldon Williams... listen you stupid f*ck... your defensive approach, philosophy, strategy, and motives won't work with anyone. Change it now. That's the best I can do. Change it or leave.

You know why we won that 1st game after the trade, we went out and just played like we know how to, regardless of this dumba$$'s Italian Euroleague Ideas of how to play.

I'll rant and repeat...

GOOD TEAMS WORK FOR GOOD QUALITY SHOTS ON OFFENSE, THEY EXPLOIT THE WEAKNESS OF THE DEFENSE.

This schmuck and his spread the floor, move the ball til an open shot is a misnomer.

ITS PREDICTABLE
LIMITED
AND VOIDS THE TEAM OF HAVING 2 DOMINATE PLAYERS!

IT SAYS go ahead Douglas, go ahead Billups go ahead and chuck a low percentage shot whenever you get open. Forget the 2 HOF's we have!!!

OFFENSE/DEFENSE IS COMPREHENSIVE. One compliments the other. Chuck quick, miss the rebounds due to poor positioning, the opponent runs and gets quick easy shots (something we should be doing).

Amare shooting elbow jumpers = no quality big near the hoop for rebounds

Shooting futher away from the hoop more than closer shots is a recipe for disaster. Winning when doing this = a false sense of security. A coach who can't hold the lead IS WEAK!! How many blown leads or blow outs are needed to convince people.... f*ck him, I been convinced. No more patience, wait til bullsh*t, get it done or else is my approach. If he can't

I'm sure we ca find someone who will gladly coach 2 to 3 HOF's and the pockets and fan base to realy compete, easily!!!!

That's why EVEN WHEN WON BY DOING THINGS THE WRONG WAY, I REcognized AND COMPLAINED...

Don't let a win with poor fundamentals and play that went against conventional wisdom fool you!!!!!!!! I wasn't, you shouldn't be.

I DEMAND BETTER. UNTIL I SEE IT, I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THIS KIND OF GARBAGE.

F*CK MIKE D'ANTONI! F*cking Faggot!

Amen! my brother preach the word

Red

TYPE-A
When I see offensive sets that contain players roaming the perimeter with 1 setting high screens at the foul line extended...

that tells me you are trying to attack from the "outside in".

Conventional wisdom dictates YOU ATTACK FROM THE INSIDE OUT

Just as teams do to us you stupid f*ck!!!!!!

There are far more positives in this approach than MDA' s stupid f*cking system. There is no excuse.

You have a foul generating PF and NEVER use him in the post...

The f*ck are you doing Mr. Italy?

This is what an offensive guru does? I know more basketball than this idiot.

For all my stat nerds:

What kind of team is #1 or 2 in offense and are a .500 team?

What kind of coac is heralded but is .500 in the playoffs?

What guru wins 60 games twice, avg's 54 wins but can't. Get to the finals?

What kind of coach is bottom of the barrell in defense, clamors for more better players, gets them, and is STILL bottom of the league?

A f*cking overhyped, Euroleague schmuck, who refuses to acknowledge what the stats glaringly indicate....

Aka Mike D'Antoni, a limited thinker.

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I made this point before. The Knicks seem to do everything exactly opposite of conventional basketball wisdom.

Offense should be inside out...but we're outside in.

Defense should start on the perimeter and deny penetration and have our bigs provide support and help.....but we let everyone and their moms get right in the paint and attack the cup then we're scrambling to try to close out on shots, and rotate extremely late on wing players....inside out.

These are the things I've been seeing since MDA got here and they have nothing to do with talent, but more so the schemes and coaching (or lack thereof.)

It's disgusting.

smokes

Huge Member
Yep pretty accurate there Red.

Hey, everyone takes the three pointer when you're up in a game, if you hit that shot its a dagger and can really dishearten the other team...

HOWEVER...

When you miss that 3 then you forget it, D up and next set you go high percentage. We don't do that.

There are just so many standard, fundamental basketball practices that we have all watched countless times in game after game, that don't get applied here in New York.

Red

TYPE-A
Yep pretty accurate there Red.

Hey, everyone takes the three pointer when you're up in a game, if you hit that shot its a dagger and can really dishearten the other team...

HOWEVER...

When you miss that 3 then you forget it, D up and next set you go high percentage. We don't do that.

There are just so many standard, fundamental basketball practices that we have all watched countless times in game after game, that don't get applied here in New York.

Exactly.
And what do crazy motherf*ckers do?

They look at you like you're crazy!

As if....

I haven't played, watched, analyzed and coached this game for f*cking years! That's what crazy, dumb f*ckers do.

They try, boy do they... try and tell me my knowledge and instincts are wrong. Really?

So I'm wrong? Everyone who coached me is wrong too? Every analyst is wrong, every book I've read on this game is wrong?

Granted, I'm just a lil' ol' poster to you, I get it, I have no cloute, fine. The other day, <Toons> a poster, tried to get at me after posting about defense and fundamentals,

He didn't realize I was paraphrasing Bob F*cking Knight! That's right (plus more), he was denying my assertions, but b/c it was me he felt, how could I know at the same time refuting HOF info. (And that was again about poor fundamentals I notice)

He claimed NBA players are well coached in fundamentals and don't need that. Really? So you never seen an Nba player jump and pass? Or throw a pass cross court? Please.

I recognize these inabilities to do the small things, and a coach who doesn't make a difference when needed, too bad if some don't, not my problem.

Get this dude out of my city and off my team while there's still a chance.

smokes

Huge Member
Yep and it's knowledge that has been around since the start of basketball. That's why they're called fundamentals and they win ball games.

Its funny I used to play ball with 3 guys down at my local court. They were all on the Nike tour that went around the UK doing promotional basketball stuff. I've never been a good player, average at best was on the bench even in highschool! But when I played 2 on 2 with these guys all I did was hustle for rebounds, make smart passes and only shoot wide open shots. We won most of the time because they were flashy players and not team players.

NY may be a flashy city but we don't need a flashy coach. We need someone to get down to the nitty gritty, down and dirty put some respect back into that orange paint area and hold these players accountable for their mistakes. Boom.

Red

TYPE-A
I have to say this is an excellent thread along with very astute observations!!! I have to click a rep point for you Red...

Good lookin'

Make no mistake, I don't expect perfection, I don't expect infalability

But its about time we stand the f*ck up and say enough! Everyone and coach are banking that we are sooooo desperate we should settle

Man listen, this is the greatest and largest city in the world. The Mecca.

Mike D'antoni can't make us...
We MAKE HIM!

WE DON'T NEED THIS SHIT, AND WE DESERVE BETTER, IF WE KEEP SETTLING FOR THIS GARBAGE it will become the norm.

NO motherf*cker, I DEMAND BETTER, AND am hell bent on achieving this...

WITH OR WITHOUT mda.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
:agreed:
+1!
:thumbsup:5 star thread!

Thank you. haven't seen you in a while, what up!

We as fans should DEMAND BETTER. If we keep settling for this garbage, it will enable those who think it's ok, trust me it's not.

Motherf*ckers got short memories. They forgot how many leads we blew, or how many times we went down double digits to try and crawl back.

And what did THIS dumba$$ coach do IN BOTH SITUATIONS?
KEPT supporting shooting threes.... smh!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I understand you're frustrated after the loss last night, but your biatching is not going to change anything.

The team is going to progressively get better before the playoffs, make the playoffs and maybe, just maybe,, make some noise.

Next season hopefully we'll see a contender and in all likelihood MDA will still be the coach..

We tried it your way.. We had Riles and JVG..... and no chips sir.

The way you win is by having the most dominant group of playerz.

Right now we're a team in disarray after a major upheaval that brought in a host of new talent.

It takes time to integrate new pieces.

It's a learning process for everyone involved.

Particularly when you have a new PG @ the helm, the decision maker, the distributor and prolly the most important part of our O..

What's so hard to get about this??? You can't expect Rome in 2 weeks dude.

Look @ you.. You played ya self w this bullshit ..

This rant is your right, but when the I told ya so's come your way don't be surprised to see this one bumped again down the road.

Last edited: