BREAKiNG: Oakley will be at the Garden tomorrow to "Teach these guys some toughness"

BREAKiNG: Oakley will be at the Garden tomorrow to "Teach these guys some toughness"

Look at his twitter timeline to get all the info, his user is @CharlesOakley34

Yah think he might become an assisistant?

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
isnt he an assistant with the bobcats?we could use him though..he's better than all of our assistant coaches :boohoo:

Yeah that would be great for the Knicks.

Oakley; one of my top 3 Knicks of all-time with Ewing & Starks.

Would love to have Oakley become our assistant. I cant imagine a coaching staff with D'Antoni as coach with Ewing & Oakley assistants. Our offense would always rank top 10 & our defense would have all the help they could get. Thats a pipe dream though; I'd settle for Oakley & love it in stride.

miked1958

Rotation player
Maybe this Knicks team can take some pointers from the New York Rangers on how to close out a season. With them in the 7th spot of 8, instead of folding like the Knicks they are on a Season best 5game winning streak (best since they had 7in a row in 09) and now are only 3pts behind 6th place Canadians. GoalKeeper Henrik recorded his NHL Best 10th Shutout tonight in a 1-0 win. They missed the playoffs by 1point last season finishing in 9th position. They lost in a shootout to Philly on the seasons last day. They have used that as focal point and made a pact that it would not happen to them again this season. Did anyone see when they played #1 philly on Sunday. They shut them out 5 zip. The Knicks need to play with this kind of fire going down the stretch. Now I know the Rangers (like the Knicks) have not won any titles in ages either, but they seem to be on the right track at least.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I thought Oak was bitter about being denied an assistant's role last year?

Fittingly, he's making his presence felt at MSG right when the presence he brought as a player is sorely missed on an interiorly soft Knick team.

miked1958

Rotation player
Okay

rangers just won 5-2 against pittsburgh on sunday big guy... that phili game was close to a month ago.

Your RIGHT!. I didnt have all my facts correct before posting. however that was not the point of the post. Did you get where I was coming from. We need a little bit of the RANGERS in the Knicks. Right now the Rangers seem like they have no respect for the Pittsburghs and Phillys and other top teams in the East. They just seem to have this determination right now, and that is just the type of STUFF that it takes to shock the world and win a TITLE>>> The Knicks can do the same thing as currently consistuted. They just have to buckle down, figure out what works the best and GO FOR IT. Get a little winning streak going and get a swagger going into the playoffs.

Did any of you guys hear how Jordan was talking in Chicago; saying that they might be putting up 5 more banners with the team they have. All of this talk about these guys who work for (or own!) Charlotte making appearances at these games and ceremonies and what not kind of makes me think they might be contracted and they are just out looking for possible positions. Anyone think this might be possible?