Bring back Felton......(Not happy with reserve role)

Blumatic

Rotation player
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-03-23/will-raymond-felton-force-his-way-out-of-denver

I miss Felton. He is what we need next to Stat and Melo. I respect billups. would love to Keep him here just has a team mentor (but thats not gonna happen).

If Felton becomes a bench player his value will go down, he wont command the money CP3 or DWill does. and he would be perfect here. Plays defense very fast and toughness. I see him wanting to come back. Donnie and MDA didnt want him to leave. It would be a great reunion.

Does anyone know how would we get him back. May we resign Billups for cheap and trade him to Denver. No one wants to pay Billups $14 million. I'm not convinced Chauncey wants to stay neither. Felton would complete our core.

la2ny

Starter
I'm just saying. He maybe available. Billups is questionable for our future. Denver would like him back. We didnt want to give up Felton. Lets make it happen. Denver will not be able to keep him.
If Denver wanted Chauncey so bad we'd still have Felton. Lets be real about this. Felton is probably still butthurt anyway. Yes Billups isn't in our future plans, but neither was Felton. He was a stogap just like Billups is now.

Blumatic

Rotation player
If Denver wanted Chauncey so bad we'd still have Felton. Lets be real about this. Felton is probably still butthurt anyway. Yes Billups isn't in our future plans, but neither was Felton. He was a stogap just like Billups is now.

I dont know. Felton would not command the money CP3 and Dwill , will. Denver got rid of Billups b/c they wanted to say money this year. Den did not believe they would be this good after Melo. They felt that if Melo was gone and the team would not compete they did not want to commit to long term and big contracts. Billups was abig contract. CP3 will be was big if not bigger.

Felton is that guy that will play the pg at an all-star reserve level. The money saved with Felton can go to some bigs that we also need.

la2ny

Starter
I dont know. Felton would not command the money CP3 and Dwill , will. Denver got rid of Billups b/c they wanted to say money this year. Den did not believe they would be this good after Melo. They felt that if Melo was gone and the team would not compete they did not want to commit to long term and big contracts. Billups was abig contract. CP3 will be was big if not bigger.

Felton is that guy that will play the pg at an all-star reserve level. The money saved with Felton can go to some bigs that we also need.
Thats the thing it's a team option after this season, they could've just cost their losses w/ him and we'd still have Felt, but they didn't because they wanted him from us. Yes Felton is cheaper than CP3 or D-Will, because he's not better than them. If Denver lets him go after the season then I can understand maybe looking into it, but I wasn't a person that thought Felton was so "great" here. I loved the heart he had and helping Stat and the Knicks win some games, but at the same time I remember all the bad shots he took, all the guys he missed that were wide open because he only looked for Stat and so on....But, like I said, I'd revisit it if Denver lets him go this offseason though I don't believe he'd want to be here.

smokes

Huge Member
Felton is great, but I'd rather keep Billups for a good price for the next 2-3 years than take back Felton. Especially if he is unhappy with a bench role we can't play him behind Billups even as a 6th man.

I think a Billups/TD guard combo for 10-12 million (for both) is a great assett. One solid, veteran leader, who can hit clutch shots and run an offense calmly in crunch time. Plus one high energy, good defense combo guard who can play behind or alongside Billiups.

I don't know why a lot of people have turned on Chauncey already, for the first week of the trade everyone was head over heels in love with him and now due to possible cap ramifications and the fact he had an injury followed by a couple of mediocre games suddenly everyone wants him gone.

It's kind of normal in this forum for people to pee their pants after a couple of bad turnouts but really if you want to see Billups gone for any other reason than removing his salary then you must have something wrong with you!

Yeah I'd enjoy Felton's services (no homo) again as much as the next Knick fan.. But I'm not so sure he would want to come back after we traded him. He felt he had a home here and took it really hard when we sent him off to Denver before his first full season here after helping us turn our franchise around with Amare.

STAT1

Starter
I think Billups will get it together eventually he's been too good over his career to keep playing like this. Tonight I saw some positive signs his shots were falling early.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
As a back-up I'd like someone like Jason Williams and Beno Udrih. A point guard who keeps a great tempo, makes simple and savvy plays passing and scoring wise.

I'd love Felton back, but I don't see it happening. Who knows though.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Keep Chauncey, draft Jimmer, trade them both and some other scrubs to NO for Chris Paul.

We get our young Top 3 PG and they get an expiring contract and some young bodies.

STAT1

Starter
I knew it wouldn't be long until Ray got antsy about his role on Denver. He's worrying about his minutes & stats going down because he won't be getting a big contract when it comes time to negotiate another one. I thought he was happy he was on the better team after the Melo deal according to him but he clearly isn't too happy about his role.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@Blumatic, have you ever heard of pride or even honor? Ray did a lot of dirty job for us, he gave this team his heart and he never gave any excuse if the team lost, so if I was him I would never sign again with the Knicks, even if I miss him and was very upset seeing him ivolved in the trade of getting that lazy ass with its mustache, ugly wife and reality show .

Blumatic

Rotation player
@Blumatic, have you ever heard of pride or even honor? Ray did a lot of dirty job for us, he gave this team his heart and he never gave any excuse if the team lost, so if I was him I would never sign again with the Knicks, even if I miss him and was very upset seeing him ivolved in the trade of getting that lazy ass with its mustache, ugly wife and reality show .

DW: Felton we want you back...

RF: What you say wheelchair man? You want me back? If ya'll wanted me so much ya'll wouldnt have gotten rid of me.

DW: But we had to get Melo.

RF: Now you have him, kiss my ass

DW: We didnt want to trade you? Denver wanted you or no deal. We were forced to take Billups.

RF: Nah old man. I got my pride, F*** Ya'll.

DW: We wanna pay you. Long Term. $$$$$

RF: Is the # 2 jersey still available?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Of course, you're absolutely right, that's how it works in the NBA, obvioulsy almost every player wants to earn more $$$ for doing his job, but there is also other side of the trade, did Walsh or Dolan ask Raymond did he want to be traded? I just hate the way most of the players gets traded. Dolan traded four young guys just like he sold his old car, he probably didn't care his decision had a lot of influence on their future. If it's about the way deals are made, NBA sucks, in Europe it's impossible to trade a player if he doesn't want it, and therefore Gallo and Moz just couldn't understand how they got traded to Denver.

KingCharles34

All Star

RF: What you say wheelchair man? You want me back? If ya'll wanted me so much ya'll wouldnt have gotten rid of me.

DW: We didnt want to trade you? Denver wanted you or no deal. We were forced to take Billups.

:lol:

DW: Hey mike, im gonna get Felton back. I miss him

MD: Well we dont really need him, he played defense from what i recall

DW: Well i hear Rondo might be available, he got into it with Doc

MD: Yea lets get him so he can ride the bench. First of all he doesnt shoot enough, and he cant shoot. We want players that aren't afraid to jackup shots from anywhere on the court. Thats the type of bravery we need. And didnt Rondo make the 1st team all defense last year? Give me a break, Defense!!! who does that?? Rondo is as useless as they get with my system

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer

LMAO.felton cant be too high on the knicks organization.i know i wouldnt be if i was in his shoes.though i do think all he cares about is just starting and not being a bench player.if we throw the right amount of $ at him,im sure he will come back.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Another question is, is an eventual offer, we could make in our struggles to rehire Ray, finacially reasonable? As already said, if we would like to have him back on our roster we are supposed to offer much more than a $7 million contract, which means we would not be able to pick up Chauncey's option. And is the quality that Felton would bring better or even comparable to Billups' champion experience? I liked Raymond, actually I still like him and wish him all the best and even if I am upset he had to leave I'm trying to look at all what happened and could happen from the franchise's perspective. Trading our co-captain wasn't good move but struggling to sign him again and forcing Billups to leave wouldn't be proper decision either.

STAT1

Starter

Ray went from being a 17 & 9 guy as a Knick to an 11 & 7 guy as a Nugget. That's gonna hurt him in his wallet when it comes time to negotiate his next contract. I'd be pissed too if I were him. Lol.