Brandon Bass
Dwight Howard

Chauncey Billups

Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Ronny Turiaf

Game Preview:
Although the Orlando Magic have clinched a playoff berth and are in good position to secure one of the top four seeds in the Eastern Conference, the hard-to-please Stan Van Gundy is annoyed that his team doesn’t always play at a consistently high level.
The coach with high expectations can probably take solace in the fact he is not in charge of the scuffling New York Knicks.
Van Gundy’s Magic look to send the Knicks to a seventh loss in eight games Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.
Orlando (45-26) is 3 1/2 games back of third-place Miami in the East and owns a comfortable lead over fifth-place Atlanta, but Van Gundy believes his team has lots of room for improvement.
The Magic defeated Cleveland 97-86 on Monday for a third straight victory, but Van Gundy was irritated that his club turned the ball over 20 times and failed to put away a lesser opponent earlier.
“You only play 82 games a year,” Van Gundy said. “It shouldn’t be hard to go out and play hard and well all the time. We’ve seen ebbs and flows, but I don’t have an excuse for it.”
Despite Van Gundy’s criticism, Orlando appears primed for a playoff run. The same can’t be said of New York (35-35).
The acquisition of Carmelo Anthony(notes) and Chauncey Billups(notes) was expected to help the Knicks join the ranks of the conference’s elite, but they’re 7-9 since the trade.
New York seemed to have a good chance to break out of its funk against Boston on Monday, leading 51-37 at halftime, but experienced another second-half collapse and lost 96-86. The Celtics scored 23 of the game’s final 27 points - including the last 10.
“We just got to a point there, I thought we just panicked,” coach Mike D’Antoni said. “We’ve got a lot of work to do.”
Anthony had 22 points Monday but was again not a factor down the stretch. He has totaled 11 points on 2-of-12 shooting in the fourth quarter during New York’s three-game skid.
The Knicks’ second-half defense has suffered since they acquired Anthony, as they are giving up a league-worst 53.1 points after halftime with their new star. They were 23rd in the NBA in second-half points allowed prior to the trade at 50.2.
New York allowed Orlando to put up an opponent season-high 69 points in the second half and erase an 11-point halftime deficit in a 116-110 road loss March 1.
Dwight Howard(notes) had 30 points and 16 rebounds, while Jameer Nelson(notes) scored 23 of his 26 points in the second half as the Magic won their fifth straight in the series.
Orlando struggled a bit defensively, allowing Amare Stoudemire(notes) and Billups to each score 30 and Anthony to add 25, but it buckled down late. The Magic limited the Knicks to 1-of-5 shooting while forcing two turnovers in the final three minutes.
New York has shown flashes of excellence offensively since the trade, but it’s averaging 92.0 points during the skid. The Knicks are 6-19 when they fail to reach 100.
The Magic, fifth in the league in scoring defense at 94.2 points, have held their last five opponents to double digits, allowing an average of 88.4 points.

nba-2k11-logo.jpg

Player 2 Watch
nba2k112011-03-2109-32-03-59.jpg

PG-Mr.BigShot
Last time we played them he got injured. if he doesn't let Jameer go off like he did in the 4th then were cool. But who knows:cool:

Check This Out:
The Knicks fell to the .500 mark (35-35) for the first time since Feb. 11, when the team was 26-26 after a loss to the Lakers. That was 11 days before the trade for Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks play the Orlando Magic on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and will look to avoid falling under the .500 mark for the first time since Nov. 27, when they were 8-9 after a loss to the Atlanta Hawks. Their magic number to clinch a playoff spot remains at seven with 12 games left in the season.

Prediction:
:shrug:

Knick Quote Of The Night:
"I couldn't see nothing at that time. Blood was coming out of my eye, so I couldn't really see. I don't even know what was going on."
—Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony on his collision with Rajon Rondo late in the loss to the Celtics.

Funny Pic Of The Day:
lower-clutch-1.jpg

Watch Game Here:
www.p2p4u.net
ESPN
or MSG!!!!

Last edited:
Thnx for making the gameday thread & I also pray we win tonight. I wanna see this team head into the playoffs 8 games above .500. Falling 1 game below .500 just doesn't sound good. We need this game.

I wanna see Billups have another MIA type of game tonight. I wanna see more of Douglas during the 2nd half because of his defensive ability, potential of containing Nelson from going off, as well as his spark on offense off the bench... I hope to see a big game from Douglas.

I catch the Magic games once in a while & root for them to lose every game (unless an ORL W helps us) & honestly... Yes they have 3 point shooters but Dwight is their entire team & Nelson isto Dwight as Felton was to Amare. Contain Howard to 31/14 & your gonna win. But when he starts to go for 38/19... Thats when they become tough to beat.

I hope this game proves why I laugh when I see people rather playing MIA, BOS or CHI before the Magic. Crazy. Just a little better than ATL. ORL is who I want the most. Without Dwight BEASTING their done

Well D'Antoni didn't play Turiaf in the 4th last game after he was our best defensive player so you never know.

I hope we don't start Jeffries. He's the biggest goofball klutz in the NBA. If we start Ronny and get his confidence up early I think he can have another big game.

(watching tv)

Just my luck Bernard King is at the Home game RIGHT before the one im
Going to on my Bday!

la2ny

Starter
I hope we don't start Jeffries. He's the biggest goofball klutz in the NBA. If we start Ronny and get his confidence up early I think he can have another big game.

(watching tv)

Just my luck Bernard King is at the Home game RIGHT before the one im
Going to on my Bday!
Look on the bright side, he might encourage them to win :shrug:

la2ny

Starter
I swear ESPN just regurgitates the same dumbass stats over and over and act like they did something amazing or told me something Idk. They jus had Jon Barry at a touch screen to tap it and tell me Denver got better in 5 categories since Melo and Chauncey are gone. Why is it everytime they bring something up it's always "they are 7-9". Just like they did the Heat, they're 0-5 in crunch time games, they're 9-8, the Coach will be fired because LeBron bumped him
-__-.

Defense(we wasn't good to begin with. and even though our #'s aren't really better since the trade, we do have alot better moments)
Assists Per Game(obviously Denver has more because they have to they have no choice)
Intangibles(wtf you cant measure that. ask the Lakers about Fisher)
Depth(like we didn't know that)
Pct. of Isos(obviously when you already have Amar'e then you throw in Melo. also the chucked shots D'ant encourages)

Need a big game from Landry tonight! defiantly going to need him crashing the boards as he does to help out against dwight.... we cant let orlando get to many offensive boards tonight

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
We gotta run they ass outa the gym tonight and hit our shots. Period.

We know dwight is gonna raise al hell, but if we attack and get him in foul trouble, they CANNOT beat us.

BOLD prediction of the night: Melo 40pts 9 reb 6 ass STAT 32 10 reb 2 blocks

Knicks win by 16

smokes

Huge Member
Even though its a slow start nice to see some defensive effort right off the bat, and our points have all been off good shots. :gony:

la2ny

Starter
Exactly like I thought they would. And this is why I wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.

smokes

Huge Member
Did Stat just block Dwight?! I can't see who it was this damn stream is so bad quality haha

nevermind looks like bass.. good block tho

And ew Philly are up 5 on Atlanta 6 min to go...

Last edited:

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I give turiaf all the props in the world even tho Dwight is 7-9. There is no help whatsoever! Turiaf is the man fo holding his own, as well as landry and shawn williams.

Great play from the knicks except for that BS shot nelson just hit!!