Knicks @ Magic 3-23-11 Please God

smokes

Huge Member
NBA.com has a frontpage article about Rick Adelman and how his tenure at the Rockets is shaky at best. We should so get him for next season. Bring in Ewing and or Oakley to be defensive assistants. Ewing can coach the young big guy we will actually add to the team with a coach who knows a bit about defense.

If Adelman can take the shitty Rockets and make them a better team than us, imagine what he could do with our undersized roster.

la2ny

Starter
I blame Carmelo!!!!!!

Because of him we would have had Gallo and Will who wulda drop 30+ tonight and Amar'e wouldve had like 40. And Felton would've Killed Jameer like he did last year in the playoffs....:barf:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
NBA.com has a frontpage article about Rick Adelman and how his tenure at the Rockets is shaky at best. We should so get him for next season. Bring in Ewing and or Oakley to be defensive assistants. Ewing can coach the young big guy we will actually add to the team with a coach who knows a bit about defense.

If Adelman can take the shitty Rockets and make them a better team than us, imagine what he could do with our undersized roster.

I concur! He won't have had a team this talented since Sacramento. Ge this man the right role players and he'll optimise an offence that an offensive genius can not.
facepalm2.gif

STAT1

Starter
Tough loss, but I did see some positive signs tonight. The ball movement was much better I thought Melo & Turiaf did a great job moving the ball to open teammates. If not for a crappy shooting performance from STAT & MDA's ridiculous insistence on playing small down the stretch against teams with size up front, I think we win this game.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
I can't believe anyone would say they saw positives ?!!!
They are an embarassment they should no longer for this season be shown on national television .

I will always be a knicks fan. But I'm done with this team for this season. They are not going anywhere . They don't deserve to go to the playoffs or beat anyone if they continue to play like this. They have completely Collapse.
They have no heart, no urgency, No toughness. No confidence. Zero, nada!
I just can't stomach this team and This coach ! I can't do it.
Denver gave us an old depleted bench , Who antoni dosen't play, No bill walker, no carter. I'm sick of it all.
I just want this season to be over for the knicks, So we could do some changes this off season ! Can't wait to april already.

STAT1

Starter
They are an embarassment they should no longer for this season be shown on national television .

I will always be a knicks fan. But I'm done with this team for this season. They are not going anywhere . They don't deserve to go to the playoffs or beat anyone if they continue to play like this. They have completely Collapse.
Denver gave us an old depleted bench , Who antoni dosen't play, No bill walker, no carter. I'm sick of it all.
I just want this season to be over for the knicks, So we could do some changes this off season ! Can't wait to april already.

I didn't like the loss obviously just commenting on some things guys like you were complaining about that they wish they saw out of Melo in games, tonight he was putting forth a great effort on both ends & distributing the ball to his teammates not trying to force up shots like a lot of you hated to see. If Stat shoots just a little better than 4 for 20 we win this game IMO.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer

Wanna watch some winning Knicks?? Turn on to ESPN and watch this Denver Knigutts game. They are giving the Spurs and run for their MONEY!! :peace:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Agreed. Give that man a nice contract.

I'm a fairly new poster here but been following the forum and game threads for quite some time here.

This loss to the magic, especially the 4th qtr just compelled me to post.

Melo is solid. Other than the pistons game where he bricked all night, he almost always gave decent effort on defense. Tonight he looked to move the ball with the assists column backing that up.

Knicks made adjustment to the game plan to get Melo more comfortable with his shots, but Stat just looked the odd man out tonight. But the recent 4th qtr meltdowns..... man, its just disheartening. MDA is supposed to be an offensive genius so where's the 4th qtr offense in his playbook? Knicks were down by 5 with under 2 mins to go, this is the moment where coaches do their thing and get their stars to make plays.

I dont wanna throw this all on MDA; knicks have alot of holes on this roster still. but coach is supposed to make lemonade with his lemons and surely getting shots in the 4th is not supposed to be the hard part of the equation. I'm not gonna comment on defense, blah blah, cos that's too easy. But getting Stat some shots closer to the bucket should really be his strength. I'm starting to miss Ray's speed, defenders abuse billups old legs when he comes off screens.

mafra

Legend
Remember when Ama're led the NBA in scoring in the 4th quarter? Where did that Stoudemire go?

Is it me, or did ORL score on every possession in the final 8 minutes?

If Howard is going to sink free throws... ORL might go to the Finals.

Let's not freak out folks. This team may backslide into the playoffs... but they are post season bound. After the last 10 years, this is something. I would at least hope we can finish 41-41... but, ultimately, this season boils down to what they do in the first round.

If NY gets swept or bows out in 5 games... RIP AWAY.

Still, this team will be fixed. We have 2 super stars. This is the hardest thing to acquire. We will build a core around these guys.

It's almost over. Ten more games or so. We get BOS, CHI or MIA... then let's see what we are really made of when the lights are turned on brightly.