The Sacrifice - Landry Fields

NYKing

Rookie
Thinking of a competitive team and they play DEFENSE think the Knicks have?

Landry Fields sacrifice to improve !!!

Trade with Suns...

Fields + Walker + Turiaf + Balkman = Pietrus + Robin Lopez

After...

- sign a experienced center for minimum (N.Mohammed, J.Pryzbilla, J.Foster)

- sign a experienced sg/sf for minimum (A.Parker, D.West, S.Brown)

- re-sign Sha Williams for minimum (or slightly more)

- bring back Jerome Jordan

- draft the best player available or the positions pg or pf/c

2011/12

Billups - Douglas - draft (Knight, Freddette, Walker ???)
Pietrus - Parker/West/Brown
Melo - Sha Williams
Stat - draft (Valanciunas, Morris, Faried, ???)
R.Lopez - Mohammed/Pryzbilla/Foster - J.Jordan

Competitive team and with CAP available for Howard, CP3 or Deron in 2012.

p0nder

Starter
damn turiaf and walker AND FIELDS? nah, i don't like it.

too many good lockerroom/glue guys leaving for things we already have (lopez is a soft big man)

This kid has been our best overall rookie since god knows when?

-Made the rookie-sophmore all-star game as the most productive rookie in the league (not named 2nd year player Blake Griffin).

-He's already became one of the NBA's most productive rebounding guards around (as a rookie).

-He's a very strong & has shown flashes of being a great off the ball player. He's able to make impact plays & impact the game without needing to have the ball, which is huge for a team like the Knicks; considering the fact that we have two superstars who both demand the rock.

-Quickly becoming our best peremeter defender. Reminds me of an up & coming Shane Battier type of defender. His defensive potential is scary good.

Fields is a player you don't trade. He plays the game with a championship style of play. When looking to win a championship; Fields is exactly the type of player you want behind your top stars. You don't trade a player like Fields, not when you have two NBA stars on the roster; you build around this kid

When thinking about our future? I see 4 players to build our team around this offseason.

PF-Amare
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Douglas

-Sign Billups for much cheaper during the offseason (he wants to be here). No team is paying an aging PG 12M per. Move Turiaf during the offseason (which saves us 4M) & pay Billups 5 or 6M next year. No we're 5 deep.

-Land one of either M.Gasol, DeAndre, Nene, T.Chandler, Dalembert (maybe Oden) & NY becomes 6 deep, after filling a void @ the most important NBA position (The C' Position).

-Draft a talent such as Kenneth Faried (who leads the nation in boards). Now we're 7 deep & just improved our defensive & rebounding ability in major ways with Jordan & Faried. The pressure down low has now been lifted off of Amare himself.

-Sign FA Camby for cheap. Size + contesting shots, filling lanes & rebounding ability.

C- Jordan (example)
PF-Amare
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Billups

Douglas: PG / SG
Camby: C / PF
Faried: PF / C

8 deep right there. Walker/Shawne backup the SF/SG positions.

Well, thats my mock offseason.

-Reduce the contract of Billups.

-If Turiaf picks up his player option worth 4M; trade Turiaf to a team who needs size / defensive energy, so we can move up the board to land Faried.

-Sign one of the BIG's. Jordan is my choice.

-Sign either Camby or Battier as a FA. I sign Camby because he'll come back home to NY for much cheaper.

-Bring back JJ but allow throw in's from the Melo trade to walk (Carter + Shelden).

-Promote our D-League All-Star in Patrick Ewing Jr.

C- Jordan / Camby / JJ

PF-Amare / Faried / Camby

SF-Melo / Shawne Williams / Walker

SG-Fields / Douglas / Ewing Jr.

PG-Billups / Douglas / Rautins

Tell me thats not a championship type of roster.

There would no lack of size with Jordan, Amare, Camby, Faried & JJ.

Jordan, Amare & Camby can block & contest shots with the best of em.

All 5 of those guys can REBOUND on the boards.

What strikes me is that Landry looks lost on most nights since the trade.

His production and presence went down. He's still doing a good job out there, but his sensational play sort of diminished since the trade.

Might be due to the fact that 90% of our shots are now split between STAT, Melo, Billups (jackin up 3s) and Douglas.

I agree Sprewell-Houston;

Amare, Melo, Billups & Douglas are taking most of our shots.

But before the trade...

Amare, Felton, Gallo & Chandler were also taking most of the shot attempts.

I think Fields just has to find his comfort level with Billups, Melo & JJ @ the PG, SF & C positions because Fields had an entire offseason of training camp, 35+ practice(s), + an entire preseason of getting to know, while working with players such as Felton, Gallo, Chandler & even Mozgov.

This Knicks team is pretty much playing in preseason mode (during a playoff run) because A) we haven't played more than 20 games & B) we haven't even had more than 5 practices as a team since the trade.

I understand Fields struggles & I also know why this team is losing but I'm ok with all of this; because I not only understand, but also KNOW the best of the Knicks future has yet to come. This team will transform from a playoff roster to an Eastern Conf / Championship contender with 3 or 4 strong moves from Walsh during the offseason

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Fields doesnt get the burn in the second half of games, and it get irritating when he goes on a 5-0 run by himself, getshis confidence up, then next timeout he is on the bench forever.

In the 4th q of games, TD and billups are on the court at the same time, because w are usually behind, and coach thinks we need 3's.

Fields is a stopper, and when he is n the court with Melo he plays his best offense.

He is a little passive, but his confidnce will take care of that. I would love to keep landry. He has a geat work ethic too.

On the topic of the tread, sacrifice landry, we better get steph curry or kobe or somebody for that sacrifice lol

STAT1

Starter
No thanks. Role players like Pietrus get signed on MLE contracts every year, & Robin Lopez has limited skillset he's not very polished at all, you could easily do better than him if you decide to trade a guy like Landry. You don't find young players like Landry Fields often, when you do you hold onto them if you can. Unless you're trading for another established star player who's longterm impact is worth the tradeoff, you don't trade Landry to get back role guys. That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.