You all are angry @ the wrong man; instead? Try running Walsh out of town.

Post a link of proof. You have none; because Dolan was never about to fire the coach that led his franchise to the playoffs for the first time in 7 years.

How many games did we win last year? How many have we already won this year? Exactly. We're one of the top 3 most improved teams from when compared to last year. Fact. We'll win 55+ next year under MDA.

Dolan gave MDA a 4 year contract; next years his contract year. Fact.

He was NEVER about to be fired. Gallo was his only returning starter from last year. Mozgov (rookie), Fields (Rookie) TD23 (unproven), Chandler (unproven), Felton (career year under MDA), Gallo (Still developing). We were still in developing mode before the trade. He was never about to lose his job. His playoff bound team got DEPLEATED @ the All-Star break. There isn't a team in the league that features 5 starters who weren't with their respected teams last year. Fact. TD23 is his longest tenured Knick. Fact.

MDA won with the pre-trade team & he's winning with the post-trade team.

NY17

Benchwarmer
it is one thing to show opinion and i commend you for sticking to your guns but when you blur the lines and try to make your your opinions facts people stop listening to you

In every single post people have shown proof backing their statements yet you steadily come up with the same regurgitated answers

This x1000. It's a waste responding to this uneducated kid, when you prove him wrong (which happens regularly) he just chooses to either ignore your post or backtrack and type sympathy posts. He's in his own oblivious world talking to himself all day long online. (Probably in real life as well)

Last edited:
after we attained the services of STAT MDA knew from that moment forward his job was on the line and anything short of winning and making the playoffs would cost him his job if you think his job is safe and he just need roster turnover and better players go go ask Lenny Wilkins and Larry Brown how that worked out for them

you should know as well as any no coaches job is safe in the NBA if you don't produce your gone people pay to see a winner, rebuilding mode went out the window when the season began

i think its time KKFQ that you start showing proof of your supposed facts because to most your just full of hot air

Home boy... I asked for a link from the horses mouth. You cant, because you believe your own little lies ;-)

Your the one making all these false claims that A) Walsh "only hired" MDA because he was on the "USA team for star power" & B) "His job was on the line". Prove your lies.

Your making the false claims but fail to back them up with proof. You have none. Once again, show me a link where WALSH or DOLAN (the one's who signed him) said that A) We only hired MDA to attract stars & B) His job is on the line.

Instead? You posted a link from David Hinckley from "Daily News" lol how pathetic. Your trying too hard. He did agree with what I've been saying though. MDA had no chance with those rosters. This is what David wrote... "MDA is about to coach a roster that most coaches wouldn't wish on their worst enemy". Exactly JVG... Exactly. He proves me right. So once again, whats with all these high expectations during the past two years? Anyone with half a brain knew MDA or any other coach had no chance to win.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Home boy... I asked for a link from the horses mouth. You cant, because you believe your own little lies ;-)

Your the one making all these false claims that A) Walsh "only hired" MDA because he was on the "USA team for star power" & B) "His job was on the line". Prove your lies.

Your making the false claims but fail to back them up with proof. You have none. Once again, show me a link where WALSH or DOLAN (the one's who signed him) said that A) We only hired MDA to attract stars & B) His job is on the line.

Instead? You posted a link from David Hinckley from "Daily News" lol how pathetic. Your trying too hard. He did agree with what I've been saying though. MDA had no chance with those rosters. This is what David wrote... "MDA is about to coach a roster that most coaches wouldn't wish on their worst enemy". Exactly JVG... Exactly. He proves me right. So once again, whats with all these high expectations during the past two years? Anyone with half a brain knew MDA or any other coach had no chance to win.

Who the hell are you talking too?

David Hinckley wrote...

"Plus, D'Antoni is the kind of big name STAR who appeals to Dolan, whose previous coaches are ALL in the HOF - Lenny Wilkins, Larry Brown & Thomas".

Sounds like Dolan really like MDA. Mentioned his name with Wilkins & Brown? Nice!

Also... If MDA would have got fired before his contract was up, it would have happened a long time ago. MDA would have been fired before this year, you know, during the two horrible years if his job were "on the line". But once again, both Dolan & Walsh knew MDA had no chance.

You just proved my points again. "After we attained STAT MDA knew from that moment that his job was on the line & anything short of winning & making the playoffs would cost him his job"

Guess what? MDA won. Guess what? MDA & the Knicks are IN THE PLAYOFFS! Exactly. He's coming back next year for his CONTRACT YEAR. He had us 8 games above .500 before the trade rumors. He won with the pre-trade team & he's winning with this one too. No team experience either. He's coming back ;-)

what are you talking about? You are going off on one of your wild tangents again so let me then let me help stay on topic at least

I have steadily proven more than enough direct quotes from walsh and mda even video presentation and what have you brought to the table nothing but a hot air ballon again...the emperor certaintly wears no clothes

Who in the right mind said they expected championships this year? or over the course of the past three years?
Who wants to see their team play with accountability respectability and intensity?
Who wants to constantly watch their team referred to as clippers east?
With the team we have now and leading into the future i expect a contender and nothing short
Where you even watching the knicks back then ive seen it in person...one word atrocious....or are you just a MDA band wagoner?

Walsh was the one that stated he wanted the knicks to return to what they were a defensive unit, that is the new york identity and yet he went against his own philosophy and hired MDA anyway do we notice the pattern here here or we just don't have the capacity to critically think?

Our owner, Dolan, everyone knows the guy is litteraly star struck ie melo trade not, not saying i don't want melo so lets not hear another of your tirades but to give up so much depth when you know the guy is coming here anyways...just like how MDA was hired, Dolan truly believed he had the inside track to most NBA superstars and his systems allowed players to relax on the defensive side of the ball...hense why he was hired it didnt hurt that he was an assistant coach for the redeem team as well i am not going to discount mda as a offensive coach because as proven he is one of the best but currently not to win a championship not the new york style of basketball that every poster here is accustomed to seeing

At this juncture its tiring debating with someone who constantly brings knives to a gun fight

i will be waiting for you to regurgitate another ridiculous answer that Ive seen you type 100 times before or better yet show proof there is a novel idea!

so basically you just proved that im correct by directly quoting me? Its about time you agree with someone it gets tiring of seeing you type the same answers over and over again.

FYI its called pressure to win no wins=no job
Now with Carmelo in the mix the pressure has increased no playoffs wins=new coach go ask Vinny Del Negro how rebuilding mode went for him in Chicago

You can say what you say. I'll continue to enjoy our playoff run under MDA.

This summer will become MDA's first chance to improve his first playoff team into a serious contender during the offseason with upgrades to the roster.

This year we're a playoff team. Next year we'll win 52-60+ games as a top 3 seed under MDA

I support MDA. I support the coach that led & coached us to the playoffs for the 1st time in 7 year, who understands our defense needs to improve (and our defense is improving). I respect MDA for accepting this job when he knew NY had no chance for success during our two previous years. I enjoy having a top 2 offensive attack under MDA & I'm also confident that our defense will become MUCH improved next year thanks to A) Playoff experience. B) an offseason of Upgrades. C) Time to GEL with our current team during training camp, practice(s) & an entire preseason of gaining overall team chemistry on the defensive side of the ball. We're on a 6 game win streak with little to no team chemistry.

You can say what you say. I'll continue to enjoy our playoff run under MDA.

This summer will become MDA's first chance to improve his first playoff team into a serious contender during the offseason with upgrades to the roster.

This year we're a playoff team. Next year we'll win 52-60+ games as a top 3 seed under MDA

I support MDA. I support the coach that led & coached us to the playoffs for the 1st time in 7 year, who understands our defense needs to improve (and our defense is improving). I respect MDA for accepting this job when he knew NY had no chance for success during our two previous years. I enjoy having a top 2 offensive attack under MDA & I'm also confident that our defense will become MUCH improved next year thanks to A) Playoff experience. B) an offseason of Upgrades. C) Time to GEL with our current team during training camp, practice(s) & an entire preseason of gaining overall team chemistry on the defensive side of the ball. We're on a 6 game win streak with little to no team chemistry.

All im trying to prove to you is stop trying to post as if MDA is not flawed defensively and acts as if he cares in such a way that he is going to dramatically change his system overnight

Im in the same boat as you brother as far as wanting to watch this team overachieve and take this playoff experience to another level this this is the one true season that i can honestly say i have enjoyed in a long time

however you cant just make things up without out showing proof like you saying next year we will win 52-60 plus how do you know with an impending lock out/shortened season due to the expiring CBA.... its like me saying for example the grizzlies are going to win the championship this year i may have a strong feeling about it but i dont have proof or dont show evidence to back me up in essence its a lie

you just cant go around accusing others "making up lies" when you constantly do the same thing thats when you start crossing the river into hypocrisy. Don't accuse others of the very same things you do

Am I going to enjoy this playoff run yes of course, however Im a critical fan and like you i know we all want only whats best for our team. As a knick fan you get tired of people blowing smoke i don't take what these players or coaches say for face value i watch the games and can see in their actions if they are truly trying to live by the philosophies that they are spewing IF you watch every single game the last couple years our team is nothing to write home about its just a collection of individual players we are not a TEAM yet. We are getting there and i understand its going to take time

Im excited for our future whatever direction puts us closer to winning a title that has alluded us since the 70's. I would like to see a NYC championship in my lifetime

Calling me a MDA wagoner? I've loved the Knicks since 92; way before I knew who "MDA" was. My screen name's KnicksFanFromQueens. I'm proud of where I'm from & also I'm proud of the team that I love to love. My screen name isn't "MikeD'AntoniPLEASE!". You wanna talk about a "coach lover"? It seems like your more in love with QVG (QuitterVanGundy) than you are NY. Did you jump ship for HOU after QVG quit & left NY in the dark for 10+ years? Lets not talk about a "coach lover" all because I support the coach thats leading us into the playoffs for the first time since 04 (where we got swept by NJ). I been dreaming of this moment for too long, & I'll be damned if I let piss-poor coach harpers ruin our playoff run with 24/7-365 types of negative coach hatred remarks, post's, threads & comments. This isn't MDA's final roster & it's not his finished product like clueless fans make it out to be. We're just getting started & the best of NY under MDA has yet to come. We're only going to improve from here.

Weren't you the one that just said you supported this coach
aren't you the one of the only people that constantly t talk about about how everyone should give this coach a chance because of roster turnover
you are the main one on here everyday talking about this man which inclines one to think you are a MDA band wagoner some have even called you Mike himself .... so what if you like him so what? Is that a bad thing that you extremely like this coach?

And i Like Jeff Van Gundy so what? because The front office, ownership JVG didn't get along and he wasn't able to reconstruct the team he saw fit at the time you mad? That's that real reason he quit so get your facts straight next time you want to talk about him

How is this even on topic?
Or do you have to find something to argue because you cant counterpoint anything Im saying to you? Relax actually take the time to read before you hit Copy+paste

I've always made it known that MDA had flawed D's in PHX but like he stated; he maximized his teams O ability in PHX with horrid defenders in Nash, Joe Johnson & Amare. (sorry, not gonna judge him during his 1st two years in NY) & I've always made it known that as a team, we need to add rebounding ability such as Faried during the draft & I'd love an athletic Center that would help Amare down low such as a DeAndre, Nene or Chandler. I've always made it known MDA needs to improve on defense & he's been improving & even focusing on defense alot more since we landed players with defensive talent such as Melo (top 5 defensive SF when focused), Carter & even JJ & Shelden are upgrades on defense over Mozgov in my eyes. Billups has lost a step but he's still a well known smart defender. Since the trade our defense has started to improve plenty but it's still a work in progress & I'm just thankful that MDA wants to win & he's working & trying to improve our defense with this current team. He's hungry for a ring too.

i mostly agree with your last post seeing how it actually stayed on topic for once (lets not get to over zealous with the top 5 SF thing now we shall see) I personally feel that if your offensively gifted coach but defensively challenged you should hire someone in that department to shore up that end so so this is a more complete team.
Just because you have horrible individual defenders dose not mean you cant instill team wide defense to mask those deficiencies PP and Ray Allen were not known for great defense but when they bought into to over all team defense they became better but the overall basics and strategies have to be put in place
For a long time Doc Rivers was known as an offensively gifted coach and then in he hired tom thibs because he knew in order to win and really compete he needed to shore up that end of the floor. In time we shall see thats what i have constantly said we shall see i don't want to hear it or read it it i want to see it